ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Ryan....pays off brother's loan

That's nice but what's with the giant check? Businesses do that when they give to a charity because it makes for a photo op to show off and give some positive publicity to the business. Not sure why Logan did that but whatever...

That's nice but what's with the giant check? Businesses do that when they give to a charity because it makes for a photo op to show off and give some positive publicity to the business. Not sure why Logan did that but whatever...

It was his brothers birthday party. It was a present. It was a great fun idea for a great gift. Jeesh

All these years later I'm still amazed that the people on this board find something to gripe/complain/negatively comment on anything & everything.

It was his brothers birthday party. It was a present. It was a great fun idea for a great gift. Jeesh

All these years later I'm still amazed that the people on this board find something to gripe/complain/negatively comment on anything & everything.
Look on the bright side, when it turns into a gripe and complain fest, the thread gets a lot of hits and stays at the top.
Most positive threads get minimal responses and fall right off the page.
So its a win-win?

He could have went to community college then a reasonable local school and worked through college and had a lot less student loans

Very nice gesture, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Logan's brother never asked for anything materialistic after Logan's success in the NFL.

Know several people who give money to siblings.

Cool story.

Point remains: 1,000 bucks, if we want to accept that comparison, is a lot of money for an average guy to give a brother as a birthday gift. And Ryan's gift isn't about the sum, anyway ... it's about the fresh start of not having a huge debt hanging over your head for years to come. Great gift, giant check and all.

Logan Ryan is a great RU guy, and this is a nice gesture, but let's not make it out to be some incredible effort.

He was a millionaire before he signed his latest contract which is $30MM/3 years. Not including endorsements.

$85k won't be noticed. If I was in that situation and it was my brother, it would be an expectation. And my brother could expect the same. And a giant check wouldn't have been created for PR purposes.

16mm guaranteed over 3yrs, it's not a
Cool story.

Point remains: 1,000 bucks, if we want to accept that comparison, is a lot of money for an average guy to give a brother as a birthday gift. And Ryan's gift isn't about the sum, anyway ... it's about the fresh start of not having a huge debt hanging over your head for years to come. Great gift, giant check and all.

1k was high, he just signed for 30mm with 16mm guaranteed

it's a wonderful gesture when it costs you something. It's not really costing him anything in the grand scheme

He get's one less range rover:)

16mm guaranteed over 3yrs, it's not a

1k was high, he just signed for 30mm with 16mm guaranteed

it's a wonderful gesture when it costs you something. It's not really costing him anything in the grand scheme

He get's one less range rover:)

I'd be interested to know how his brother views the gesture. If your brother is a millionaire, do you just expect him to pay off your debts? If so, I guess you could say it's just a simple gift, no big deal, but that sounds like the lazy entitlement approach to life. Assuming he's his own man, intent on making his own way, gotta think going from 80K in student loan debt to free and clear is kinda a huge deal.

My folks gave me a binder of RU receipts as my graduation gift : ) Was too much of a young, spoiled life newb to fully comprehend and appreciate it at the time ... but best gift of my life.

I'd be interested to know how his brother views the gesture. If your brother is a millionaire, do you just expect him to pay off your debts? If so, I guess you could say it's just a simple gift, no big deal, but that sounds like the lazy entitlement approach to life. Assuming he's his own man, intent on making his own way, gotta think going from 80K in student loan debt to free and clear is kinda a huge deal.

My folks gave me a binder of RU receipts as my graduation gift : ) Was too much of a young, spoiled life newb to fully comprehend and appreciate it at the time ... but best gift of my life.

oh I make no declaration on the entitlement aspect in fact, I don't think there is one. I'm merely suggesting that for all the props and pat on the backs people want to give, it doesn't really 'cost' Logan much.

Now if he were making a few hundred Gs and paying for his brother's mortgage cause he's out of work or something, then I'd be more apt to agree as he's making less and it's truly a cost

guy has a 30mm paycheck, dropping 80k for your brother is a blip on the radar

but it's great he did that regardless and he should imho. Family helps family in any way they can usually

Spoken like a conservative, sheesh.
The responses belittling the gift and gesture are a bit much.. but your comment makes conservatism look good. BTW... today.. you can easily go the community college route then go to a "reasonable" 4 year school and end up in debt.. and i have no idea if graduate school is involved in this amount.. and don't care.. it is a nice gesture. PERIOD.

Well done Logan Ryan!

That right there.. that's what money is for. Hope he makes a lot more of it... he knows how to spend it.

That is a very nice gesture. Nice to a younger person wearing a Rolling Stones shirt.
Yea, that caught my eye too. My son, a rising senior at RU, had the same shirt on the other day. God to see an appreciation for the Stones by younger folk.

I will never understand why people think it's ok to judge and analyze a complete strangers good fortune or bad fortune.

It was a very generous gesture. $16mm guaranteed (and $30mm potentially) is a lot of money but that could be last big money the guy ever makes. And it's ordinary income not capital gains. It would be easy to spend a lot of that money. (Please spare me the finance lesson on how if he just bought a $300,000 house in South Plainfield and drove a Toyota, he could invest the rest. That's not how this works.)

Good for him that he has the money and it's awesome that he is that generous. It's his life and that's a nice choice.

Some of you people have to be the most MISERABLE people in the world. Is it too hard to enjoy seeing someone do something nice regardless of how much it is or what the reason is for doing it? Jesus Christ it's a nice thing he did for his brother. We should all be that nice or that lucky. You all must be real fun to hang out with

ADVERTISEMENT