ADVERTISEMENT

Logical explanation(s) anyone?

I began to doubt Les when he hired Cam Cameron after he drove the Ravens into the ground

College football is a business. Winning brings money. When you play in the SEC and don't win people get upset. People who donate a lot of money get upset.

I really like Les Miles. Great recruiter. Damn decent coach.

I love that LSU fired him this early in the season! This is going to be fun watching LSU further disentigrate into oblivion!

Les will laugh all the way to the bank and will probably end up at Southern Cal when they fire their coach in a few weeks.

The man CAN recruit. I guarantee it.

I love that LSU fired him this early in the season! This is going to be fun watching LSU further disentigrate into oblivion!

Les will laugh all the way to the bank and will probably end up at Southern Cal when they fire their coach in a few weeks.

Other top programs have learned just making a change doesn't guarantee outcomes.
I won't doubt your SEC knowledge but how much was him vs LSU when it came to recruiting. He was just ok at Oklahoma state. Outside of his clock management I liked him. Just saw he's from Ohio. Watch him end up at OSU as a consultant until he gets his next job.

Other top programs have learned just making a change doesn't guarantee outcomes.
I won't doubt your SEC knowledge but how much was him vs LSU when it came to recruiting. He was just ok at Oklahoma state. Outside of his clock management I liked him. Just saw he's from Ohio. Watch him end up at OSU as a consultant until he gets his next job.

Doubt that happens since he played for Michigan...

Reactions: Rokodesh
Doubt that happens since he played for Michigan...
And Saban coached at LSU. If he doesn't get the job he wants and Urban gives him 1 million to consult he will take it. That won't happen but I doubt he turns down a million. Money is money.

And Saban coached at LSU. If he doesn't get the job he wants and Urban gives him 1 million to consult he will take it. That won't happen but I doubt he turns down a million. Money is money.

What does Saban coaching at LSU have to do with Miles and OSU? Miles played for Bo at Michigan and ran his programs(Okie St and LSU) like Bo did, including his offense which is what got him fired. Ha. If he wants a consulting job Nebraska will give him one and he can watch his son play at NU. He is committed to NU(Ben Miles)

What does Saban coaching at LSU have to do with Miles and OSU? Miles played for Bo at Michigan and ran his programs(Okie St and LSU) like Bo did, including his offense which is what got him fired. Ha. If he wants a consulting job Nebraska will give him one and he can watch his son play at NU. He is committed to NU(Ben Miles)
I'm saying money talks and if that's his best option he'd take it. I get he played at Michigan but they didn't offer him the job twice.

I'm saying money talks and if that's his best option he'd take it. I get he played at Michigan but they didn't offer him the job twice.

I doubt he does anything for a couple years at least. His buyout money will be being paid out. Haven't seen anything confirming it but sounds like in the $10mil range. With what he has made and buyout he can be pretty damn choosy about his next gig in a few years.

College football is a business. Winning brings money. When you play in the SEC and don't win people get upset. People who donate a lot of money get upset.
And the funny thing is, in our case we just have to win to get any excitement around this area as 2006 proved it.

If we ever get to the WIN stage, it will interesting to see how that is covered in these parts.

Highly doubt he takes a high profile job. LSU is a pressure cooker. He served 12 years in a high profile job with tons of pressure. He'll sit out a year at least and do some tv work. If he decides to coach again, my guess is it'll be at a power 5 school with a natural recruiting base that's struggling

Reactions: BoogieKnight

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you always harping on Miles for losing big games?

ADVERTISEMENT