ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at the schedule before the grind begins on January 2nd

Scarlet Shack

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
One of the things that I always look at is how can we start the season ….

Let’s break this down ….snd we have a TOUGH TOUGH schedule coming out of the chute ….no way to say it other than that

Game 1-5……Pre-Vegas ….this is a must 5-0….four RAC games and kennsaw state…..no slip ups. Cannot afford a Lafayette or Umass debacle

Game 6-8….. vegas …we all want more …but the reality is it will be a little much to expect us to
Be ready to beat Alabama and Houston in November …they will be more seasoned than us, but you have to play these games to be ready for the big ten , and be ready for these types of potential ncaa games

Got to circle that Notre Dame game as the big one …that one we need …this is a a big game and almost a must win

Goal is to come back from Vegas 6-2

Game 9….. then at THE Ohio state ….a big swing game right out of the bjg ten chute …and maybe we catch a break playing in Columbus when it’s sleepier than normal when Ohio state attwntion will likely be on the big ten football championship game . They are going to be very good …and this is a big test . Glad we get a week to prepare for this …might be a difference maker

Game 10…. then Penn state …on a shorter turnaround, and a game we must have to stop some bleeding if we lose the three previous. And certainly can’t afford to be 0-2 in the big ten. This is a must win , especially because we play them out in hapoy valley .

Game 11…) seton hall …you don’t have to say anything more . Gonna be tough and rough

Game 12….People complaining about playing Michigan state in the garden??? That anger should be vented at playing Princeton during finals on a neutral site …i hate it and right before Christmas break….even WORS3 I will be thrrr

Game 13 Columbia

So we have to win the six cupcakes , have to beat notre dame and Penn state …and expect two losses with Houston and Alabama

That 8-2 with Ohio state, seton hall and Princeton as swing games …

So….bresking it down

11-2….we are in amazing shape heading into big ten and in the national ranking In January

10-3….the goal, want double digit wins heading into the meat grinder …gonna mean winning two of three against Ohio state , the hall and Princeton ….and beating ndame and Penn state

9-4….more .likely …., and a record that makes me nervous with 18 league games on finding wins to get to the NCAA. It will be very hard

8-5 …concerning ….we will have a lot of work to do in league to make the ncaa

7-6….i don’t want to even think about this scanairo …..and it’s possibke if we aren’t cohesive coming out of the gate early

10-3 is the goal…but that’s a lot of talk on paper without seing the team.

Gonna be fun though …..

Let’s gooooooooooooooooo

Like playing Princeton with games under our belt instead of opening up with them.

Think also prepares for slower tempo teams like Northwestern.

Reactions: Bayonnebomber79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT