ADVERTISEMENT

lots of disrespect for our hoops boys

not even second team all big10??
Meh. Rutgers did not have anyone on the B1G all-conference third team for the 2018-19 season, or the all-defensive team, or the all-freshman team. Geo Baker earned Honorable Mention honors but honorable mention is a long way from second team all-conference.

Not disrespect, people are just in a "show-me" mode with the program.

We have good players but I really don't think that anyone is actually in the Top 10 players in the entire conference. The BIG is a very tough league.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Yeah dont see any disrespect.

I think Young makes an all defense team, Geo and Shaq prob an all-conf team.

Wild card, Harper making 2nd. Hes going to have a BIG year.

Do you have even a remote idea how hard it is to be even second-team?

+1. Someone on the National CBB board posted their list of the Top 30 (non frosh) players in the country. Seven (7) are in the B1G. This conference has a lot of high end talent. Making 2nd Team All-B1G is HARD. Kids like Anthony Cowan or Kaleb Wesson may make Honorable Mention All-American and NOT make 1st Team All-B1G.

Here is the list:

Big Ten (7)
1. Cassius Winston, Michigan State
8. Jalen Smith, Maryland
14. Lamar Stevens, Penn State
17. Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
26. Zavier Simpson, Michigan
28. Kaleb Wesson, Ohio State
30. Anthony Cowan, Maryland

SEC (4)
13. Kerry Blackshear, Florida
18. Anthony Edwards, Georgia
20. Tyrese Maxey, Kentucky
23. Andrew Nembhard, Florida

Big XII (3)
5. Udoka Azubuike, Kansas
10. Tristan Clark, Baylor
11. Devon Dotson, Kansas

ACC (3)
4. Jordan Nwora, Louisville
6. Cole Anthony, North Carolina
12. Tre Jones, Duke

Pac-12 (3)
16. Nico Mannion, Arizona
21. Tres Tinkle, Oregon State
29. Isaiah Stewart, Washington

Big East (2)
2. Myles Powell, Seton Hall
3. Markus Howard, Marquette

AAC (2)
7. James Wiseman, Memphis
9. Jarron Cumberland, Cincinnati

Mid-Majors (6)
15. Antoine Davis, Detroit
19. Sam Merrill, Utah State
22. Jordan Ford, Saint Mary's
24. Anthony Lamb, Vermont
25. Lamine Diane, CS Northridge
27. Bryce Aiken, Harvard

Last edited:
My utopia Rutgers blueprint has balanced scoring 1 thru 5.....if we score 70 then it is 14 points per slot. If top guys get 30 MPG then you are looking at 10.5 PPG. Not making any conference teams....at least from a player standpoint

Good! I like players who have a chip on their shoulder.
This team is going to have to play as a true team. Play unselfish ball and be smart on the court. The only recognition worth anything is after the dust has settled and players have stepped up.
If this team performs well, they will get the respect they have earned.

not even second team all big10??
Not unrealistic. On paper things look promising. But in the end you have to deliver on the court. I would take an invitation to the Dance led by a solid 9-10 man active rotation (all contributing in some way on the court) over a person on 2nd team All-B1G and no invitation to the Dance. I think the team would too.

Harper will have a monster year and be on one of the all conference teams. I could see Young on the defensive team somewhere. Geo and Carter on the radar at least

My utopia Rutgers blueprint has balanced scoring 1 thru 5.....if we score 70 then it is 14 points per slot. If top guys get 30 MPG then you are looking at 10.5 PPG. Not making any conference teams....at least from a player standpoint
If Rutgers averages 70 points per game,I think a winning season will happen and players will get some individual recognition .

I don't really care about these awards. We need to win enough games to get us to post season. Harper looks like he has a really big future but we need to win before an individuals get real recognition.

Most of the disrespect comes from uninformed media. It's one thing to select all-conference players, but it's another thing to choose how teams will finish when you don't pay attention to teams outside the top 3. I was on the Iowa board, and they can't believe Rutgers is picked to finish 12th. Their fans think Rutgers is inside the top 10. But you do have some fans who are haters like Minnesota who continue to believe Rutgers ain't sh*t and will never be sh*t.

Most of the disrespect comes from uninformed media. It's one thing to select all-conference players, but it's another thing to choose how teams will finish when you don't pay attention to teams outside the top 3. I was on the Iowa board, and they can't believe Rutgers is picked to finish 12th. Their fans think Rutgers is inside the top 10. But you do have some fans who are haters like Minnesota who continue to believe Rutgers ain't sh*t and will never be sh*t.
The Iowa board is more on the Rutgers train bc they needed a miracle heave to beat us at the buzzer then got stomped the second time around

The Iowa board is more on the Rutgers train bc they needed a miracle heave to beat us at the buzzer then got stomped the second time around
I'm ok with that. We put our foot on their throats, and now they are showing a little respect. That is what Rutgers has to continue to do if others are to stop talking BS. I like to see Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Penn State next. Those teams are there for the taken.

Izzo gave RU much respect. He knows RU can give teams a run for their money.

Young will be the difference maker. Especially agains Winston, Simpson and OSU.. Defensively he's solid.

+1. Someone on the National CBB board posted their list of the Top 30 (non frosh) players in the country. Seven (7) are in the B1G. This conference has a lot of high end talent. Making 2nd Team All-B1G is HARD. Kids like Anthony Cowan or Kaleb Wesson may make Honorable Mention All-American and NOT make 1st Team All-B1G.

Here is the list:

Big Ten (7)
1. Cassius Winston, Michigan State
8. Jalen Smith, Maryland
14. Lamar Stevens, Penn State
17. Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
26. Zavier Simpson, Michigan
28. Kaleb Wesson, Ohio State
30. Anthony Cowan, Maryland

SEC (4)
13. Kerry Blackshear, Florida
18. Anthony Edwards, Georgia
20. Tyrese Maxey, Kentucky
23. Andrew Nembhard, Florida

Big XII (3)
5. Udoka Azubuike, Kansas
10. Tristan Clark, Baylor
11. Devon Dotson, Kansas

ACC (3)
4. Jordan Nwora, Louisville
6. Cole Anthony, North Carolina
12. Tre Jones, Duke

Pac-12 (3)
16. Nico Mannion, Arizona
21. Tres Tinkle, Oregon State
29. Isaiah Stewart, Washington

Big East (2)
2. Myles Powell, Seton Hall
3. Markus Howard, Marquette

AAC (2)
7. James Wiseman, Memphis
9. Jarron Cumberland, Cincinnati

Mid-Majors (6)
15. Antoine Davis, Detroit
19. Sam Merrill, Utah State
22. Jordan Ford, Saint Mary's
24. Anthony Lamb, Vermont
25. Lamine Diane, CS Northridge
27. Bryce Aiken, Harvard
This list of list of the Top 30 (non frosh) players in the country has freshmen in it.

This is true. When Izzo praised the job Pikiell had done, I told people not to give it too much weight because he said a similar thing about Eddie

Last edited:
Reactions: silkcitypirate
Lol.. Did RU almost beat MSU when Eddie was here. RU was up by 11 at one point and just emploded or out coached. RU had Izzo a little nervous during the game. .Did Eddie produce the caliber of players RU has now. I'll wait.

Reactions: Hamilton's Cannon
I don't really care about these awards. We need to win enough games to get us to post season. Harper looks like he has a really big future ...

We are a TEAM. Let’s win games together, get to the NCAAs and go from there.

This is for SS

Selection Sunday: March 15, 2020

First Four

University of Dayton Arena – Dayton, Ohio – March 17-18, 2020 (Host: University of Dayton)

First and Second Rounds

Times Union Center – Albany, New York – March 19 & 21, 2020 (Host: Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference)

Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena – Spokane, Washington – March 19 & 21, 2020 (Host: University of Idaho)

Enterprise Center – St. Louis, Missouri – March 19 & 21, 2020 (Host: Missouri Valley Conference)

Amalie Arena – Tampa, Florida – March 19 & 21, 2020 (Host: University of South Florida)

Greensboro Coliseum Complex – Greensboro, North Carolina – March 20 & 22, 2020 (Host: Atlantic Coast Conference)

CHI Health Center Omaha – Omaha, Nebraska – March 20 & 22, 2020 (Host: Creighton University)

Golden 1 Center – Sacramento, California – March 20 & 22, 2020 (Host: Sacramento State University)

Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse – Cleveland, Ohio – March 20 & 22, 2020 (Host: Mid-American Conference, Cleveland State University)

Regional Semifinals (Sweet Sixteen) and Finals (Elite Eight)

Midwest Regional: Lucas Oil Stadium – Indianapolis, Indiana – March 26 & 28, 2020 (Host: Horizon League, IUPUI)

West Regional: STAPLES Center – Los Angeles, California – March 26 & 28, 2020 (Host: Pepperdine University)

South Regional: Toyota Center – Houston, Texas – March 27 & 29, 2020 (Host: University of Houston)

East Regional: Madison Square Garden – New York, New York – March 27 & 29, 2020 (Host: Big East Conference, St. John’s University)

National Semifinals (Final Four) and Championship

Mercedes-Benz Stadium – Atlanta, Georgia – April 4 & 6, 2020 (Host: Georgia Institute of Technology)

I don't really care about these awards. We need to win enough games to get us to post season. Harper looks like he has a really big future but we need to win before an individuals get real recognition.
All that matters.

Lol.. Did RU almost beat MSU when Eddie was here. RU was up by 11 at one point and just emploded or out coached. RU had Izzo a little nervous during the game. .Did Eddie produce the caliber of players RU has now. I'll wait.

Izzo doesn't get nervous in any game during the regular season. With his good teams everything he does in the regular season is with an eye towards getting ready for the NCAA tournament. Sending a message to an individual player is more important than beating Rutgers in January.

Reactions: kcg88
This is true. When Izzo praised the job Pikiell had done, I told people not to give it too much weight because he said a similar thing about Eddie

Izzo also raved about Tommy Amaker at Michigan and complained about how unfair it was to fire him.

ADVERTISEMENT