ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of potential bad weather December Football coming up

slyker

Senior
Feb 2, 2002
Usually the season is complete by the end of November, but this year there will be 3 weekends of December Big Ten football. Could get really interesting weather wise in all the Big Ten northern locations. Better have your run game in top shape... could be some really poor passing conditions in December . Imagine the potential for sloppy cold weather on Dec 12th or 19th games in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa etc etc ...or any of the B1G locations ! Its bad enough in late November in these places. Another interesting wrinkle to this new arrangement.

Usually the season is complete by the end of November, but this year there will be 3 weekends of December Big Ten football. Could get really interesting weather wise in all the Big Ten northern locations. Better have your run game in top shape... could be some really poor passing conditions in December . Imagine the potential for sloppy cold weather on Dec 12th or 19th games in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa etc etc ...or any of the B1G locations ! Its bad enough in late November in these places. Another interesting wrinkle to this new arrangement.

Yes, could be interesting. Love watching snow or ice games from the comfort of my living room

Considering the location of the B1G schools, any team with kids from their home state will be fine. It will be interesting to see those programs that recruit a lot of out of staters from Florida or Cali.

Regardless, do not f--king plow the field at halftime if Rutgers is winning.

I love COLD weather games the most, the history of the Ice Bowl fascinates me, probably the bravest football game any two teams played, the frigid conditions were unimaginable.

That game helped my childhood idol , Jerry Kramer , achieve fame !! Wore his number 64 for years in his honor !!

jerry-kramer-ice-bowl-block.jpg

It took me 3 days to thaw out after sitting in that snowstorm of the RU vs WVU game. We stayed the whole game too. Bring on the crappy weather. I don't care if it snows every game in December. It will be warm in my living room!

Continental Football League was like AAA baseball for the NFL back in the day.

I played for the Hartford Charter Oaks. We played on a field right next to the Colt Firearms plant and next to the Polish American Club.

So after night practices (we had day jobs.) we would hand out drinking Vodka and eating pickled eggs at the Club.

Championship Game was played at Hartford. Day before game a Nor'easter came in and dumped 2 feet of snow in Hartford. Canvas tarp got frozen to the grass field. The tarp couldn't be removed, even with bull dozers. So they plowed the tarp with the dozers. Took down the plastic used car type flags from the light poles. Cement nailed them to use as the sideline markers and we played ON the tarp. I unscrewed 4 of my cletes on my shoes for help with traction.
Veteran told us rookies to "don't take off your helmets for anything.". His wisdom was good to know as the visitors were pelted with frozen full beer cans.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Considering the location of the B1G schools, any team with kids from their home state will be fine. It will be interesting to see those programs that recruit a lot of out of staters from Florida or Cali.

Regardless, do not f--king plow the field at halftime if Rutgers is winning.
ONE of the most Stupid things that RU has EVER done.

Reactions: redking
Used to love watching the Vikings play in the old days under Bud Grant. Freezing weather snow, and he would not allow heaters on his sideline.

It took me 3 days to thaw out after sitting in that snowstorm of the RU vs WVU game. We stayed the whole game too. Bring on the crappy weather. I don't care if it snows every game in December. It will be warm in my living room!
Still my all time favorite tailgate and second favorite game.

I remember watching the "Fog" playoff game between the Bears and the Eagles...
Crazy!

I am not old enough for the ice bowl :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT