ADVERTISEMENT

Loudest game past 25yrs ? Not including Pandemonium Louisville

2009 USF game was loud as well. I still have the tinnitus to prove it. And that game was a blowout.

Reactions: rurichdog
One of the bad weather games against WVU.

And maybe not the whole game but when Jamieson scored on 4th down I was on the concourse under the Hale Center (because my boys were so cold they wanted to get warm in the bathroom) it felt like a bomb went off. The roar was that loud.

Reactions: RUNYGDVLSFAN
Penn state and Michigan 2014.

Louisville 2012 had a chance to be loud , but many seats empty for Coleman’s touchdown . Then the holding penalty took wind out of everyone’s sails. And flood turned schiano’s defense into duds in the second half.

USF 2007 was the winner . I really don’t remember that game . I think we were coming off a bye and were ready to play , despite the season being derailed already with the cincy and Maryland losses.

Not the loudest game, but I remember the roar that went up when Renkart intercepted pitt to seal the game in 2005. It was the first real win of the first GS era that you felt the tide was turning. And that play was the exclamation on the turning point. And the crowd knew it.

My favs, although might not have been the loudest—Beating Kansas State in the Texas Bowl for our first bowl win. Other big ones—Arizona State bowl game, beating Michigan for our first Big Ten win, both Arkansas wins. Not the game itself, but that Tim Brown/Tom Savage last minute touchdown at UConn and the Turay field goal block to beat Michigan were insane.

I was in the marching band for our first 4 years in the Big Ten, so near field level all game and on the field itself pregame. The loudest single moment I will always remember was the knight & horse running out of the tunnel at the Penn State game, first ever B1G game in 2014. The roar was so loud on the field that it actually caused that thing in your ears when there’s a loud jet engine etc. where it’s piercing and you actually lose hearing for a second. I remember post game interviews PSU players were saying they thought Rutgers was pumping in sound over the speakers because it was so loud .. no, everyone was just so amped up. Someday we’ll get a moment like that again and finish it against the nits

The loudest sports event I have ever heard was the Atlantic Ten Basketball Championship—State Penn at Rutgers with Bob Wenzel coaching. Took three days for my ears to feel right, longer than any rock concert I ever attended.

Not the loudest game, but I remember the roar that went up when Renkart intercepted pitt to seal the game in 2005. It was the first real win of the first GS era that you felt the tide was turning. And that play was the exclamation on the turning point. And the crowd knew it.
beaced LIKE exclamation point turning type things.

My favs, although might not have been the loudest—Beating Kansas State in the Texas Bowl for our first bowl win. Other big ones—Arizona State bowl game, beating Michigan for our first Big Ten win, both Arkansas wins. Not the game itself, but that Tim Brown/Tom Savage last minute touchdown at UConn and the Turay field goal block to beat Michigan were insane.
I'm wichew. Will ALWAYS take wins over loud.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Beac, I like both lol
We now have that at The RAC and starting in September, we will have it again at Rutgers Stadium.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Uconn game is the winner for the quietest moment in an away game for us.

This thread was about the loudest games

I almost got into a fight with some drunken scumbags at that game. They were relentless, it took every ounce of restraint not to turn around. If I wasn't with my future wife, I would have been in jail by the 4th quarter of that one.
I have been to many away games but nothing compares to the shit stains also

known as UConn fans.

Reactions: RC71 and koleszar
I almost got into a fight with some drunken scumbags at that game. They were relentless, it took every ounce of restraint not to turn around. If I wasn't with my future wife, I would have been in jail by the 4th quarter of that one.
We met a group of UConn fans in the parking lot that day and they were actually pretty nice and we walked most of the way to the stadium together. We had started to think that due to the circumstance, it may actually be very civil that day...But noooo- we broke off from them as they went in their gate and here comes the college aged group- they see us and start in with all kinds of crap and all I said to them was "Not today guys, have some respect for your own" - and they responded with such class "F.U! you f-ing scumbags" - My wife just looked at them and just said pathetic and we walked on.
That win and the way it happened was great. My son, who was there from 05 with the bowl game birth, 06 L'Ville, 07 USF said that UConn game in 09 was his favorite of all time.

Last edited:
Just went back and watched that. Holy cow how did we blow that game.
classic case of "choke".. small "c".. just a case of never having done it before..from the coaching staff to the players. not of them had pulled out a win that important.. they learned enough to do it vs Michigan later that season.

DJ, I sometimes watch that five times in a row. This is another game that should be mixed in with Rutgers Classics on Big Ten Network.

I was at Beaver Stadium in ‘88 when we beat the Nits and it was pretty tame, too, especially because we silenced that damned piped in cat screech!
Wasn't there for that one...and going back and listening to the UConn TD by Brown two things I noticed.
1) The UConn silence went to almost zero when Timmy put up number 6 in the endzone.
2) Our Rutgers fans were loud as hell. Our fans do bring it where ever we go.

Wasn't there for that one...and going back and listening to the UConn TD by Brown two things I noticed.
1) The UConn silence went to almost zero when Timmy put up number 6 in the endzone.
2) Our Rutgers fans were loud as hell. Our fans do bring it where ever we go.
The Jersey Roar is no joke...

- Kirk Herbstriet knows it
- The State Penn football players know it
- the little old lady from the Michigan knows it

And to add...

that’s why the speed (slower) of the “Rrrrrr!.....Uuuuuuu!” Is so important.

The higher pitched and scary sounding “R” followed by the low and longer guttural “U” when done right is just plain haunting.

It’s like 52K orcs coming down all at once on Frodo and the boys. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT