ADVERTISEMENT

Loved the announcers.

That's what you get being the overwhelming favorite of fans watching 2 teams that are playing. Unfortunately, we only get that treatment playing a local small school.

Believe it was the same crew as last year who I loved. It was definitely the same color guy who I think is really good. I was hoping it would be and was pumped when I heard his voice. Actually hoping for a couple more BTN+ games to give this young men some more exposure

Lol. Like others mentioned. The crew was Lou Brogno and the color analyst was actually Dom Savino. They are basically RU employees. They handle the BTN+ assignments when the school has to provide the crew for the game. Some other B1G schools actually provide these opportunities to their students that are in the communications school or sports journalism.

Lou is a Jersey guy through and through. Very dialed into RU sports. Dom is an alum of RU and WRSU.

Not a stretch that they would be knowledgeable on the team. They are fans just like us.

Our BTN+ production is actually very high if not the best in the league. They also do the women’s games, and men’s and womens soccer. I once watched a women’s soccer game @ Michigan and the kid doing the announcing, put it this way I think the 5th graders putting on the school play had a higher production value. Made SNY look like the Super Bowl on CBS.

Brogno has been doing games locally for about 35 years. He’s probably 60+ years old. Used to do high school games on TKR cable back in the 1980s, so was glad to see he got a new lease on the announcing life with the BTN+ work he’s been doing in hoops, soccer, lacrosse etc.

Brogno has been doing games locally for about 35 years. He’s probably 60+ years old. Used to do high school games on TKR cable back in the 1980s, so was glad to see he got a new lease on the announcing life with the BTN+ work he’s been doing in hoops, soccer, lacrosse etc.
I believe he still does high school games, that are stream on nj.com.

Lou Brogno is a local guy. He has done local high school games for years. Back in the days when cable had a local station, he was very popular, and always did a good job.
Remember that well. He used to do Somerset county. Getting mention by him, you used to think you were a celebrity as a kid.

Reactions: toby83 and JDNB
In high school when he had the talk show we would have a contest who could stay on the air the longest on a stupid topic

Lol. Like others mentioned. The crew was Lou Brogno and the color analyst was actually Dom Savino. They are basically RU employees. They handle the BTN+ assignments when the school has to provide the crew for the game. Some other B1G schools actually provide these opportunities to their students that are in the communications school or sports journalism.

Lou is a Jersey guy through and through. Very dialed into RU sports. Dom is an alum of RU and WRSU.

Not a stretch that they would be knowledgeable on the team. They are fans just like us.
Sweet Lou is a Spotswood guy

Since so many of the WBB games are on BTN+ I am always very happy when Brogno does the games. He knows the players very well, and you can tell he really enjoys the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT