ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Nathan

Always a fan of getting the end of the bench minutes to reward them for their hard work all season against scrub opponents

Reactions: RU_PAYBACK
I believe Brooks got a scholarship for his senior year. It is a nice practice, if one is available. Dadika received one his senior year.

So I'm hoping we're up big and he gets a minute of playing time!! Kid deserves it.

Reactions: 29PAS
Luke seems like an awesome teammate and mature kid. Looked stoked for Reiber the other night, when probably 9 out of 10 kids would’ve been salty a freshman played over him

Reactions: 29PAS and Scangg
Please tell me what I said that was lousy. Do I need to sugar coat the expectations of a preferred walk on? I'm not trying to insult the kid he's just not a big ten level center
I think you're having difficulty understanding what the rest of us are saying.....

Reactions: Scangg
If the team is up by 25-30 with a few minutes to go put him in for a minute! Give a blow to one of the bigs. Reward him for his behind the scenes contributions. What is so damn hard to understand here????

Reactions: BossNJ and Scangg
It came a little later than I expected, but glad to see Luke and the young-ins get some mins at the end!

Based on the 1 minute of play (granted vs MSU’s salmons as well) I wonder if during the stretch Cliff was hurt and Duke looked lost if maybe Nathan could have been a quick spell ... looks to actually have the body/muscle. Duke did have one game towards the end where he did pretty good though

Reactions: MV9000
Rudy. Rudy. Rudy.

I'm assuming this was a reference to Rudy Manne.... and not the Rudy of ND fame?

I used to love when the RU crowd would chant out his name! He didnt get a lot of playing time at RU, but he got a lot of love from the fans !! I guess thats what a 7 foot redhead brings out in people

Based on the 1 minute of play (granted vs MSU’s salmons as well) I wonder if during the stretch Cliff was hurt and Duke looked lost if maybe Nathan could have been a quick spell ... looks to actually have the body/muscle. Duke did have one game towards the end where he did pretty good though
Are you serious

Was anyone else losing their minds when we were up 27 with 2:40’ish left and had NOT cleared the bench yet???!!!
I was too. But, this is not the first time there was a comfortable lead with 3-4 minutes to go and coach waited until 1 minute. I was looking for the bench clearing from the 5 minute mark.

Luke is a tremendous teammate. He deserves the floor time when the opportunity presents itself.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
It was wonderful to see Luke Nathan get into his first game this season as well as Aiden Terry got his first ever game experience for RU. Now every player has been in at least one game. I was also glad to see Oskar Palmquist and Mawot Mag each score two points at the end game.

Ultimately let the kids play. The 30 point win was nice but a 25 point win when the kids who bust their asses everyday in practice get a couple more minutes would have been even nicer.

Reactions: Unionst
I'm assuming this was a reference to Rudy Manne.... and not the Rudy of ND fame?

I used to love when the RU crowd would chant out his name! He didnt get a lot of playing time at RU, but he got a lot of love from the fans !! I guess thats what a 7 foot redhead brings out in people

When I was in HS in Sayreville in the 80s, Rudy and Steve Hefele were gym teachers there for a year or two. Both nice guys, but man were they huge.

Dont know what happened to Rudy, but I saw Hefele was a HS coach for like 30 years on Long Island. They named the home bench after him a couple of years ago.

Reactions: slyker
Unfortunately stats matter in team rankings. The end of the bench players understand this And play less then they would have in years past. It‘s unfortunate, I go back to the “Socko” days (Mark Sokolich walk-on). We would chant Socko Socko ... and went nuts when he got in the game.

PS - 2 quick items about Socko, he was a good baseball player (all state?) and more recently he was the mayor of Fort Lee during the Bridgegate scandal

Please tell me what I said that was lousy. Do I need to sugar coat the expectations of a preferred walk on? I'm not trying to insult the kid he's just not a big ten level center
You did insult him by the manner you wrote it. You know it, I know it and everyone who reads your post knows it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ancienthooper
Michigan State didn't really empty their bench either when they clocked us on January 5. Purdue pounded us 107-57 0n January 18, 2016 in Eddie Jordan's last season when we only dressed 6 or 7 scholarship players and Mike Williams had to guard a 6'11" guy. Purdue played volleyball on the backboards that day and ran up the score and a few guys at the end of their bench never even got into the game. We were 7-25 that year and Pinter had no mercy at all.

ADVERTISEMENT