ADVERTISEMENT

MAC Title game

MikeR0102

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 4, 2003
Western Michigan in trouble. Their QB threw one interception all season, but has 2 tonight.

Navy may deserve the G5 autobid more than them.

WMU will get the bid, and they deserve it don't get me wrong, but Navy is better IMHO.

Totally agree.

If you want the truth, there are most likely three American teams better than Western Michigan. But it doesn't matter. They beat two Big Ten teams and went undefeated. That's the kind of G5 season meant to be rewarded.

The only thing the players on that team can control is to win their schedule. They did that, and deserve the highest level of bowls to reward them. Plain and simple. That's my purist theory. That said, in addition, if you DONT give an undefeated, conference champ 13-0 G5 team a spot in the New Years 6, then you open up a can of worms with the G5 conferences/teams, since t could be seen as setting a precedent that they would definitely not want.

Reactions: Knight Shift
The only thing the players on that team can control is to win their schedule. They did that, and deserve the highest level of bowls to reward them. Plain and simple. That's my purist theory. That said, in addition, if you DONT give an undefeated, conference champ 13-0 G5 team a spot in the New Years 6, then you open up a can of worms with the G5 conferences/teams, since t could be seen as setting a precedent that they would definitely not want.
Well, Navy had a substantially tougher schedule than WMU. But they lost two of those games. I don't agree with the notion that if you win whomever you play, you should get in (because you could play a ridiculously easy schedule), but in this case, I have to go with WMU.

That said, I hope Navy gets a really good opponent in a bowl to give them a chance to show their stuff.

If anything the precedent that we have seen from the committee is that they reward teams for scheduling difficult matchups. I would guess about 40 teams could have gone undefeated with western Michigans schedule this year. Navy had a far more impressive year. Their opponent tomorrow is a much better team than any that western Michigan has played all year

If Navy beats temple and army, very good chance navy finishes higher.
Temple, btw, WILL be ranked next week if they beat Navy.
Gun to my head, I think navy loses at least 1 of next 2.

I think Navy is a better team but I don't think you can underestimate the "power" of an undefeated season even if the schedule was easier. If there was a single blemish then I think Navy would pass them assuming they won their last 2 games but since WMU is undefeated I think they will get the G5 spot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT