ADVERTISEMENT

Mael Gilles

sammybb

All Conference
Jul 25, 2001
Just want to give Mael her own thread, for being calm and collected when everything looked like it was crumbling in the 4th quarter, and then giving the team the initial boost it needed in OT.

In final 1min of regulation, she went 4-4 from the FT line. She then had the big steal for a lay-up to start off OT, and had that great cut to the basket to score off the Wallace pass to put RU up 4.

She finished game 13pts, 11 rebounds, 3 assists 4-8 FG, 1-2 3-pt, 4-4 FT line.

Best all around game I've seen her play. We needed every ounce of her energy on the glass and composure at the line. I find her to be a very thoughtful 'interview' as well if you watch the recent post-game pressers.

Kudos to her and the team today! First B1G game I've seen them win in person this season after two losses (MSU and IU).

Last edited:
Reactions: Bon1674
Love her game as well. Spent a lot of time watching her defensively against Iowa and she was doing a terrific job denying the ball. Plus she's at the front of the press a good deal of the time. The effort she puts forth is amazing so glad to see her have her own thread!

It should be noted that 3/5 starters did not make any top 100 lists out of HS: Mael, T-Baby, and Jordan. KK was ranked in the 50s, Arella anywhere between 40-100.

Our highest ranked players are Zippy and Maori (and Alexis Morris), all of whom I expect to make huge strides next year.

Only bad play was on the long inbounds pass, she panicked and tried to tap it back as it was going over the mid court. Had she just gone into the back court to pick it up it would have been ok

ADVERTISEMENT