ADVERTISEMENT

Major storms rolling through right now.

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
In Branchburg it is pitch black here with on and off torrential rains.

Tried to take my dog for a walk in Somerset. Got about 3 houses down before the lightning overwhelmed her.

In NW Essex County- Cedar Grove, My phone just gave the high pitch shrill Storm alert, my dog went running lol. Thundering, but not much rain yet, guess it's coming

Phone is buzzing with severe storm and flash flood warnings for Cranford (I'm currently in NYC, still at work). Here we go again.

Storm just went thru union county, flash floods, lightening etc.

We lost power at work about 10 minutes after I posted this thread. Left about 40 minutes later and we were still down. We were supposed to do a production rollout tonight, but looks like that's snafu.

No power in northern bergen county, a massive tree down a few blocks away

Sat in rush hour traffic in Piscataway in a wide open area...could see for quite a distance. Between the nonstop lightning flashes and the menacing clouds I don't think I was ever so frightened to be out in the open.

Old Bridge: huge tree down in my back yard knocking out two 6x8 foot wood fence sections and a large branch from another tree landing on my garage roof.

Old Bridge here also and couldn't believe how many trees were downed and roads still closed right now. Worse damage here since Sandy. I got caught in the worst of it driving home from work through Monroe and I thought I would have been sucked away.

was ok here at da shore... had some loudass booms and pouring rain... but i knew that poopie was gonna happen from looking that the radar and my own intuition

Reactions: ldwnmas and FastMJ
Down the shore, lots of wires down. Had one call where branches and wires down on car with occupant trapped in car who had to sit it out and wait for power company. Saw the wildest power line/pole fire in Sea Bright with the pole free burning until two transformers exploded. JCPL was backed up last night.

My office is near Park Avenue, only 5 blocks up from the ESB. The room flashed white and shook when this happened.

Reactions: DT Hawxhurst
Down the shore, lots of wires down. Had one call where branches and wires down on car with occupant trapped in car who had to sit it out and wait for power company. Saw the wildest power line/pole fire in Sea Bright with the pole free burning until two transformers exploded. JCPL was backed up last night.
Go to the last 10 seconds:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT