ADVERTISEMENT

Marsette Decommit

If this is how you communicate such things I would say he has not been raised to be a man. More reflective of those who raised him.

If that's how he's telling the staff YIKES. We cannot keep losing guys to peer Big Ten schools ie Maryland, Iowa. But, just hold on, in less than 10 days we can get back to normalcy - and there's more to be positive about than negative if we are honest with ourselves and looking at the big picture.

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Iowa was just more attractive to him. There are still a lot of uncertainties with Rutgers. I mean we just went 2-10. We've had a new offensive coordinator every year for idk how long. He may have had a solid relationship with the Dbacks assistant coach that just left.

All I know is we better find someone to fill our secondary in a few years.

OK IS-M ,I won't ask any questions or morn your loss.
You made your decision and I accept it without complaint.

Reactions: poppopal
This is why I have lost almost all interest in football recruiting. I used to find it highly interesting but now it's just boring. And it isn't just a Rutgers thing. It's the state of college football.

It's musical chairs, and the only thing that matters is where people are when the music stops in Feb. Commits, decommits. It's almost bad to be the first school these kids "commit" to.

It makes the moves that Rockin Randy make almost understandable. There is no honor or integrity. It is every man for himself no matter what. Best to understand the rules and accept them- there are none. And operate with that mindset.

Wake me up in Feb. It will be more interesting then.

Makes you wonder if that DB coach really made that big of a difference. Two DB's decomitted in a week.

Meanwhile in Iowa

xchf7ZX.jpg

Reactions: MikeR0102
This is obviously fake news because I read that have 5 Scarlet Knights in the Super Bowl will be great for recruiting.

I hope that he actually spoke to the RU staff before this tweet.

I don't know but this Tweet makes it look like he didn't talk to the staff.

As per one of the Weequahic coaches he has been told that Iowa wants him as a WR and they expect him to return kicks next year. The coach said that they have been teaching him a jab step at WR and once he plants, he's gone.
Federici made some friends when Iowa recruited the RB. Supposedly the kid wanted an RU offer but the staff passed.
I don't think the staff was caught off guard with this decommit

As per one of the Weequahic coaches he has been told that Iowa wants him as a WR and they expect him to return kicks next year. The coach said that they have been teaching him a jab step at WR and once he plants, he's gone.
Federici made some friends when Iowa recruited the RB. Supposedly the kid wanted an RU offer but the staff passed.
I don't think the staff was caught off guard with this decommit

I would hope not since people saw this coming for a least a week or two.

Reactions: Leonard23
I love Rutgers, but this is by far and away not only the worst thing about rooting for college sports, but also the most ridiculous. Only on this planet would we give a 17-18 year old diva who thinks the world revolves around them this much power. I really need to stop paying attention to recruiting - makes me sick.

He stayed "committed" to Rutgers for a grand total of almost 6 weeks. I'm impressed.

Yes, there always seems to be a lot of piety and childish anger calling 16-17 year old kids names and insults over the internet when they choose not to attend the school whose football team you root for.

I don't think the anger comes from not choosing Rutgers.

It comes from telling the coaching staff that you are coming to the school, causing the staff to alter their recruitment of other players accordingly, and then bailing on the coaching staff at the last minute resulting in them having to scramble to fill the position vacated as a result the player deciding he has a "better" offer.

Reactions: joshk ru03
Guys he was removed from the commitment list. I would like to know "# Stars"-"Position"-"HS"

I don't know why people think DB's who played for our coach 6 years ago effect recruiting. It's a good story but this staff has nothing to do with it.
Our basketball staff begs to differ. Didn't we send out a tweet of all the great UCONN players they had coached many years ago?

If this is how he handles an uncomfortable situation (and I would think informing a coaching staff you are not honoring your commitment is an uncomfortable situation), I doubt he has the toughness to be an effective Big Ten player

Our basketball staff begs to differ. Didn't we send out a tweet of all the great UCONN players they had coached many years ago?

LOL, you just made his point for him. Unless you are a national program, recruiting is about the coaches, not the school. Which is what the basketball program was trying to point out.

LOL, you just made his point for him. Unless you are a national program, recruiting is about the coaches, not the school. Which is what the basketball program was trying to point out.
I think his point was 6 years is ancient history to 17 year olds (which it very well may be), but agree to disagree.

Actually scratch that, I completely glossed over his 2nd sentence. You're right.

That said I think having guys in the pros does definitely matter. How much? Eh probably not the biggest factor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT