ADVERTISEMENT

Martin Twins to Nevada

I have a good feeling we will be...

5382461_orig.png

Didn't someone suggest there is some hanky panky going on here. Can someone like bk hawk dodger or the mods give us a quick state of things regarding the twins and current recruiting

Recruiting to Rutgers is still not easy....the Ghost of Mike Rice and 25 years without a bid is still tough to overcome.

Coming in 2nd means nothing......the former staff came in 2nd or 3rd for Parker, Jenkins and Bashir. Parker originally committed. The latter two had big recruiting visits scheduled , then canceled.

Last edited:
I thought Nevada just took two other transfers that also will be sitting out. If that is correct they will have 4 guys sitting out this coming season. Is this correct? I was torn on this so maybe things will work out for the best.

This is why I want a big name coach selling Rutgers and only Rutgers when this program has been nothing but a dumpster fire is going to be very tough to overcome.

Anyway, this has always been a no lose situation for us. Now its time to fill the roster with 5th year transfers and let our top shelf set of assistant coaches spend a full year building the relationships for 2017.

I'm not personally aware of there being anything untoward in the recruitment of these guys.

We simply lost this one. Time to recover. No shortcuts available any longer.

I really think this was a blessing in disguise. Would have been a huge logjam at SG/SF next year and the possibility of displacing 2 multiyear starters in Williams and Laurent may have seriously hampered team chemistry.

Back fill with grad transfers and get to work on 17 class.

I just checked Nevada also will have transrfer Hallice Cooke sitting out. I guess they only took one other transfer but they will have 3 guys sitting out this coming season.

It seems Rutgers is having a hard time attracting a 5th year transfer .Visits are the easy part but getting a transfer that could contribute right away is the hard part.I would favor a guard at least 6'4'' who can defend against taller guards but also can make a 3 point shot.I don't know if there is a 5th year transfer out there with that skillset who wants to come to Rutgers.

I am in the minority on this but...

I would have taken the twins but ....

I really think this would have messed up our roster ... year 2 would be 4 seniors/6 juniors/2 Sophs and 1 frosh

It would make year four rebuild time with young roster of frosh and Sophs

We have more class balance this way

Now....we need to go fill those three ships with quality players from the class of 2017....a shooting guard, a point guard, and a low block power forward....those three will have lots of minutes as upperclassmen if they are good

Notice that I thought not one of the players of need for class of 2017 were combo forwards?

Just think the twins full needs in 2017-2018 wells filled by Freeman (sr)/Laurent (Jr):thiam (soph)

I just checked Nevada also will have transrfer Hallice Cooke sitting out. I guess they only took one other transfer but they will have 3 guys sitting out this coming season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes - - Cooke and the two Martins - - and here is your 4th guy sitting out the 2016-2017 season -

Former Purdue guard Kendall Stephens has picked the University of Nevada as the school he will transfer to.
Due to NCAA transfer rules, he will sit out one year and then will have one year of eligibility remaining at the beginning of the 2017-18 season.

We have 3 ships to fill.

Brandone Francis visits in a couple weeks, the transfer from Florida. He would need to sit.

Don't rule out a 4 yr kid that reclasses from 2017 into 2016 or a grad transfer or Juco

It seems Rutgers is having a hard time attracting a 5th year transfer .Visits are the easy part but getting a transfer that could contribute right away is the hard part.I would favor a guard at least 6'4'' who can defend against taller guards but also can make a 3 point shot.I don't know if there is a 5th year transfer out there with that skillset who wants to come to Rutgers.
See my post over the weekend

Would have been nice to land them but no big deal losing out.......they're not game changers....

The Martins probably would have helped, but both sitting a year might have hurt more than we think it would have.
Rutgers needs to prove it's on the way up and with two roster spots not producing RU's record
might cause some 2017 targets to look elsewhere because RU didn't look as good as it could have in the 2016-17 season because of a thin roster.

Reactions: higgins3
ADVERTISEMENT