ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland Flips 4 Star WR Recruit from Couch Burners

@Knight Shift. Why are you glad a competitor has flipped a 4 star WR and we haven't landed any as of this thread?

MO
not a big difference between 2* and 4*.
2* can play
3* can run routes
4* can catch

We really are not missing much. We arestill fielding a competitive group of kids that can play

Reactions: miket007
2* can play
3* can run routes
4* can catch

We really are not missing much. We arestill fielding a competitive group of kids that can play

That's not the perception and you know it.

If we're FLIPPING 4* kids this board is En Fuego :bomb::boom::fire:… and so are our alums, fans and the press!

MO

Reactions: madchuck
It’s good to know that a kid can die in practice at your school, but change the coaching staff and suddenly the prized players will come like the flip of a switch.
I mean, what does anyone on that new staff have anything to do with what happened?

told you guys their new staff was the worst case scenario.
I think the new staff is going to be a train wreck. They will get an initial recruiting bump but I see things going off the rails after a few years. This guy is a loose cannon andnwas suspended because he choked a assistant coach at his last job. They will be a talented team that can beat you but I see them being a very undisciplined team.

I think the new staff is going to be a train wreck. They will get an initial recruiting bump but I see things going off the rails after a few years. This guy is a loose cannon andnwas suspended because he choked a assistant coach at his last job. They will be a talented team that can beat you but I see them being a very undisciplined team.

Hypothetical situation. Rewind Penn State to when James Franklin was hired. He is not available. You are the Penn State AD. You have two choices for coaching staffs: (1) Current Rutgers Staff with Chris Ash as Head Coach or (2) Maryland Staff with Coach Locksley as head coach, based on what you have seen from both.

Which staff do you choose?

Hypothetical situation. Rewind Penn State to when James Franklin was hired. He is not available. You are the Penn State AD. You have two choices for coaching staffs: (1) Current Rutgers Staff with Chris Ash as Head Coach or (2) Maryland Staff with Coach Locksley as head coach, based on what you have seen from both.

Good Lord. I’d burn down Beaver Stadium before the fans riot and do it themselves.

Reactions: PSU_Nut

Ash. I just wouldn’t trust Locksley as the headman. I do think Ash would do better at a Penn State over Rutgers because he wouldn’t have to build a program. The problem with hiring coaches from a place like Ohio State is sometimes they don’t know how to build a program. Ash would have been more in his comfort zone because he would be in an environment closer to what he had at Ohio State then Rutgers.

I think Rutgers next hire has to be a program builder. Not an assistant at a winning program. I prefer an guy who worked at a MAC school and has built a program and worked within the constraints over a guy who has worked at Ohio a State who has ever took he needed. To me Ash hiring is kind of like hiring a kid who always has daddy’s black card with no limit and then giving him a budget and tell him to build from there.

Ash. I just wouldn’t trust Locksley as the headman. I do think Ash would do better at a Penn State over Rutgers because he wouldn’t have to build a program. The problem with hiring coaches from a place like Ohio State is sometimes they don’t know how to build a program. Ash would have been more in his comfort zone because he would be in an environment closer to what he had at Ohio State then Rutgers.

I think Rutgers next hire has to be a program builder. Not an assistant at a winning program. I prefer an guy who worked at a MAC school and has built a program and worked within the constraints over a guy who has worked at Ohio a State who has ever took he needed. To me Ash hiring is kind of like hiring a kid who always has daddy’s black card with no limit and then giving him a budget and tell him to build from there.
You're just sayin' that so that RU continues to lose to PSU. You sound like Jim Harbaugh post-RU game, throwing love to Rob Ash. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: PSU_Nut

Perfect you can have him, we’ll trade for Franklin

If you pay attention to Maryland, they have been getting lots of 4-stars, but they still stink. It is not the amount of stars is what you do with it. Maybe this new staff can better use the talent?

Did the kid confirm he flipped? Story made it seem it was up in the air.
That's generally what happens with a flip- you are up in the air for a while. Most of the time:
Funny-Flip-Fail.gif

2* can play
3* can run routes
4* can catch

My Facetious Meter hit an 8 on this one, so I'm going with not serious. The "can catch" was the clincher.

Reactions: Rufaninga
I mean, what does anyone on that new staff have anything to do with what happened?
That is the point...Everywhere else, with much bigger issues, gets rid of a staff and moves on and forward.
At Rutgers, new staff needs 6-8 years to move past much lesser issues.

Reactions: cicero grimes
@Knight Shift

My point was that not only aren't we flipping 4* WR's to Rutgers...so far we haven't landed ANY WR's to this years commitments (although until signed ...meh).

MO

Working inside-out,
Wont focus on wideouts until we fill up on lineman first. Are we getting close to filling up our line commits?

if not it could be a while...

If you pay attention to Maryland, they have been getting lots of 4-stars, but they still stink. It is not the amount of stars is what you do with it. Maybe this new staff can better use the talent?

Maryland had some holes this season and wasn't any world-beater, but they didn't stink. If their QB squares his shoulders and makes an easy two-point conversion against Ohio State, Harbag's team would have been in the B1G title game and OSU would not even have been in the playoff discussion. At that, the Terps beat Big 12 championship game participant Texas for the second year in a row.

Reactions: jorand and miket007

I'm just going to disagree. Last year we lost 4 QB's, this year we had the tragedy and lost another QB.

There is a high chance we could get Jalen Hurts. We may have not won a lot, but the roster is talented and can put up points when healthy.

Reactions: miket007
Maryland had some holes this season and wasn't any world-beater, but they didn't stink. If their QB squares his shoulders and makes an easy two-point conversion against Ohio State, Harbag's team would have been in the B1G title game and OSU would not even have been in the playoff discussion. At that, the Terps beat Big 12 championship game participant Texas for the second year in a row.

MD has talent but has had terrible luck at QB.

I think Locksley will recruit very well. But his life will depend on who he hire and OC/DC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT