ADVERTISEMENT

Mask/Vaccine Policy For Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey

Events: All indoor events require attendees to show proof of full vaccination or a COVID-19 negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to the event. Face coverings are no longer required at events. There are no restrictions imposed on outdoor events.

"With respect to COVID-19, the BA.5 subvariant of Omicron continues to spread throughout our population in New Jersey and across the country. The good news is that the spread does not correlate to hospitalizations, intensive care unit beds, or deaths. In fact, the increased hospitalizations being reported are primarily hospitalizations with COVID-19, rather than hospitalizations for COVID-19. At Rutgers, we attribute that to the communitywide mitigation efforts we put in place over the last two years, including, but not limited to, mandatory vaccination, testing, quarantine, and contact tracing."

Lol ok

Events: All indoor events require attendees to show proof of full vaccination or a COVID-19 negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to the event. Face coverings are no longer required at events. There are no restrictions imposed on outdoor events.
What an absolute ****ing joke.

This school and President are woke jokes

How embarrassing to me as an alum..a 4th year of students masking coming up

Masks dont work anyhow but thats not even the point why on earth is this school being an outlier. I have some thoughts but won't podt them here

Vax requirements at RAC..another woke joke..no masking for now but get ready for them in the winter

Last edited:
This school and President are woke jokes

How embarrassing to me as an slum..a 4th year of students masking coming up

Masks dont work anyhow but thats not even the point why on earth is this school being an outlier. I have some thoughts but won't podt them here

Vax requirements at RAC..another woke joke..no masking for now but get ready for them in the winter
We get it dude, every post goes off the rails because of you.

This rule literally has no effect on RU basketball, not until they announce it for winter anyway

In all seriousness, when will the university get rid of the mask requirement in the classrooms? What will be the science-based trigger? Since they acknowledge that COVID is here to stay.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
you guys are miserable.

How can anyone say masks don't work? Of course they work. You wear the right mask properly your odds of getting COVID are slim to none.

I do think it is silly (unless someone can supply data to change my thinking) to ask for proof of vaccination.
My vaccine card turned to mush after a concert in February and I haven't had to use it since then. What a joke.

Also didn't the state literally just end all vaccine/test mandates for schools this week?

Imagine still requiring a covid negative test to enter the rac

More boosted equals more covid

"Vaccines and boosters: All students and employees are required to be fully vaccinated, obtain a booster when eligible, and upload records to the university vaccine portal.

Events: All indoor events require attendees to show proof of full vaccination or a COVID-19 negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to the event. Face coverings are no longer required at events. There are no restrictions imposed on outdoor events."

everybody-panic.gif

Reactions: MiloTalon13
you guys are miserable.

How can anyone say masks don't work? Of course they work. You wear the right mask properly your odds of getting COVID are slim to none.

I do think it is silly (unless someone can supply data to change my thinking) to ask for proof of vaccination.
The same miserable cast of characters. Led by the Top "Les Miserable", bac2thegutter.

2 things.

1 Masks give minimal protection.
2. Covid isnt as deadly as it once was

We have no mask mandates in K-12 anymore based on CDC guidance. We do not test unvaccinated in schools anymore per CDC guidance as vaxxed and unvaxxed spread the virus. What is RU basing their policies on?

2 things.

1 Masks give minimal protection.
2. Covid isnt as deadly as it once was

We have no mask mandates in K-12 anymore based on CDC guidance. We do not test unvaccinated in schools anymore per CDC guidance as vaxxed and unvaxxed spread the virus. What is RU basing their policies on?
1. NO
2. YES

Last edited:
imagine cheering unnecessary protocols and calling out people who believe in going bac 2 normal
I have a client who has been in the hospital for 2 months and probably isn’t going to make it. COVID is real.

he could have avoided COVID if he wore a mask. I believe there should be no vaccine requirements and mandatory mask wearing and the onus should be on people to wear a mask if they are vulnerable.

I respect and agree with arguments that This is overboard. I think your logic is flawed

1. Wrong
2. Are people even thinking about it anymore?
How do masks not provide protection. Do we get COVID through our skin? Butt holes?

isn’t the only 2 ways through mouth and nose?

Are you saying N95 masks worn properly doesn’t work?

I have a client who has been in the hospital for 2 months and probably isn’t going to make it. COVID is real.

he could have avoided COVID if he wore a mask. I believe there should be no vaccine requirements and mandatory mask wearing and the onus should be on people to wear a mask if they are vulnerable.

I respect and agree with arguments that This is overboard. I think your logic is flawed

No one said it isnt real..why is that used as an argument. I am sorry about your client.can you list his co morbidities..can you also give me proof if he wore a mask he wouldnt get covid

The last 2 variants proved masking wasnt working..it was that contagious. The CDC even said as much. Who was wearing N95s..the only mask that could make a difference and even then people have died. Thats not the masks 95% of the time people are wearing

How do masks not provide protection. Do we get COVID through our skin? Butt holes?

isn’t the only 2 ways through mouth and nose?

Are you saying N95 masks worn properly doesn’t work?

What percentage of people are wearing N95s...are they getting training for proper fit..

Geez even Dr Leanna and the CV other guy Dr. Michael O said the masks people wear do not work

Its August 2022 yet some of the same masking arguments from summer 2020 or even fall of 21 are being brought up

U claimed your client wouldn't be dying of covid if he wore a mask...are you for masking for infinity now

Reactions: rubigtimenow
No one said it isnt real..why is that used as an argument. I am sorry about your client.can you list his co morbidities..can you also give me proof if he wore a mask he wouldnt get covid

The last 2 variants proved masking wasnt working..it was that contagious. The CDC even said as much. Who was wearing N95s..the only mask that could make a difference and even then people have died. Thats not the masks 95% of the time people are wearing
That’s a bad argument. N95s work worn properly.

Well, a number a months ago you did say covid was over. Also, what’s the hangup on comorbidities? Hardly anyone is a perfect biological specimen and when your mom passed, no one asked you list the two or three comorbidities and underlying causes your mom has indicated on her DC.

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
What percentage of people are wearing N95s...are they getting training for proper fit..

Geez even Dr Leanna and the CV other guy Dr. Michael O said the masks people wear do not work

Its August 2022 yet some of the same masking arguments from summer 2020 or even fall of 21 are being brought up

U claimed your client wouldn't be dying of covid if he wore a mask...are you for masking for infinity now
Other than being 10 pounds overweight, inflexible and lacking muscular strength I am a physical specimen so I am rolling the dice. I also don’t take the flu vaccine for reasons listed above.

I’ll bet if my client wore the N95 mask at the Memorial Day gathering properly he wouldn’t be in the hospital now. I agree that if people who are at risk should mask up properly and those who aren’t at risk should be free to not wear one.

Well, a number a months ago you did say covid was over. Also, what’s the hangup on comorbidities? Hardly anyone is a perfect biological specimen and when your mom passed, no one asked you list the two or three comorbidities your mom has indicated on her DC.
Don’t go there. That’s wrong. I disagree with BAC, but he is a good guy.

Reactions: bac2therac
We get it dude, every post goes off the rails because of you.

This rule literally has no effect on RU basketball, not until they announce it for winter anyway
Admittedly I have not read it in detail but the headline said any indoor events. That Hass to be a nightmare PR issue if 8000 people for two hours can be indoors on campus without a mask but 20 kids in a 50 minute class need a mask and a booster. If I was in high school right now I wouldn’t even consider applying to Rutgers

In all seriousness, when will the university get rid of the mask requirement in the classrooms? What will be the science-based trigger? Since they acknowledge that COVID is here to stay.
That’s the concerning part. In the press release they acknowledge Covid is here to stay however we are going to mask. So if it is here to stay, does that mean mask for eternity?

Other than being 10 pounds overweight, inflexible and lacking muscular strength I am a physical specimen so I am rolling the dice. I also don’t take the flu vaccine for reasons listed above.

I’ll bet if my client wore the N95 mask at the Memorial Day gathering properly he wouldn’t be in the hospital now. I agree that if people who are at risk should mask up properly and those who aren’t at risk should be free to not wear one.

Life is a risk. It would be odd for people to wear N95s at a Memorial Day gathering in 2022...unless they had issues which make them vulnerable to a bad covid outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT