ADVERTISEMENT

Mask/Vaccine Policy For Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol even the CDC just admitted to being full of shit for two years. Way to go Rutgers

glad masks are no longer required 😂😂😂😂😂😂

e84.jpg

They don't work. There isn't a person on the planet who hasn't gotten Covid at least once and more than half the population was wearing masks for the last two years.
I haven't gotten Covid.
And screw that other half that couldn't be bothered to mask up. Oh...the horrors of having to wear a mask when around others. How dare anyone expect such a monumental sacrifice.

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
I haven't gotten Covid.
Yes, you have. You just didn't realize it because it was a mild case. Absolutely nothing that was mandated, suggested, required, insisted upon, or written in guidelines did anything to slow this disease down. Some people had terrible reactions, some people never realized they had it ... but by now the whole world has had it at least once.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Were you cheering for DeBlasio when he pushed vaccines on TV by announcing a free burger and fries from Shake Shack when you show your vax card?

We have a fat problem in this country, not a COVID problem
Nobody has ever cheered for deBlasio

Yes, you have. You just didn't realize it because it was a mild case. Absolutely nothing that was mandated, suggested, required, insisted upon, or written in guidelines did anything to slow this disease down. Some people had terrible reactions, some people never realized they had it ... but by now the whole world has had it at least once.

Angry, over-aggressive idiocy.

Face it, the new normal is accepting Covid 19 will be part of our lives from here-on out.
When one variant of it starts tapering off, a new variant pops up..
Mask are not as effective as thought, but puts a minimum level of protection for those around the mask wearer.
Most masks are designed to keep the covid 19 droplets from getting out of the mask, but doesn't stop the infected droplets from being breathed in by the mask wearer.

The virus isn't affecting everyone like 2020 & 2021COVID-19 was the third leading cause of death in the United States and there was close to 700,000 deaths caused by the virus.

Rant, rave, carry on with the whines about being forced to protect yourself and others, but the new normal is having that happen because many people don't care about others and their own convenience comes before trying to keep the virus from being part of everyday life.

Will rules and regulations make a difference, maybe so/maybe not.
But it might be worth trying to protect the person next to you by wearing a mask and getting all the shots available, for who knows if the next variant might just be a killer instead of a mild version.

That's my take and for those that don't like it,know you'll deny masks and vaxs are still needed, expect there will be a bunch that feel that way. But I also expect a few that might agree trying to keep yourself and others safe is a worthy effort , even if it doesn't seem to be.

Face it, the new normal is accepting Covid 19 will be part of our lives from here-on out.
When one variant of it starts tapering off, a new variant pops up..
Mask are not as effective as thought, but puts a minimum level of protection for those around the mask wearer.
Most masks are designed to keep the covid 19 droplets from getting out of the mask, but doesn't stop the infected droplets from being breathed in by the mask wearer.

The virus isn't affecting everyone like 2020 & 2021COVID-19 was the third leading cause of death in the United States and there was close to 700,000 deaths caused by the virus.

Rant, rave, carry on with the whines about being forced to protect yourself and others, but the new normal is having that happen because many people don't care about others and their own convenience comes before trying to keep the virus from being part of everyday life.

Will rules and regulations make a difference, maybe so/maybe not.
But it might be worth trying to protect the person next to you by wearing a mask and getting all the shots available, for who knows if the next variant might just be a killer instead of a mild version.

That's my take and for those that don't like it,know you'll deny masks and vaxs are still needed, expect there will be a bunch that feel that way. But I also expect a few that might agree trying to keep yourself and others safe is a worthy effort , even if it doesn't seem to be.
Children, students and younger people aren’t allowed to live the life you and I did.
I’d give my life for my daughters to live a normal life.
Masking and vaccines mandates are ABSURD
By all means, please mask up if you feel the need to do so, make your family mask up….do as you desire.
Don’t tell me what to do knowing what we know now.

Did everyone not read how millions of American students are going to be able to enjoy their college and pre-college fall with relaxed and closer to normal Restrictions!!!!
What a joyful, wonderful occurrence for young people…God bless them!
But Rutgers!
No…we’re going against the grain of freedom and normalcy..
Teaching thousands of students how to be good little sheep.

Last edited:
Children, students and younger people aren’t allowed to live the life you and I did.
I’d give my life for my daughters to live a normal life.
Masking and vaccines mandates are ABSURD
By all means, please mask up if you feel the need to do so, make your family mask up….do as you desire.
Don’t tell me what to do knowing what we know now.
This is so true. Your last line is so ACCURATE!

Did everyone not read how millions of American students are going to be able to enjoy their college and pre-college fall with relaxed and closer to normal Restrictions!!!!
What a joyful, wonderful occurrence for young people…God bless them!
But Rutgers!
No…we’re going against the grain of freedom and normalcy.
Rutgers administration is run by idiots who are lead by our chief idiot, Murphy. Even in his town of Middletown and the surrounding area he is liked as a person and despised for his politics.

Can u name one state or any other place that had a mask mandate in effect that did better then non mandates places? U can’t because there are none. It’s embarrassing what Rutgers is doing
Can you name one time in the last 35 years Rutgers has made the NCAA tournament without coaches having to wear masks.

I think @MrsScrew and I get it every year.

I can't trace back the post you quoted, mostly because I'm too lazy, but I am assuming you are referring to N95 masks.

Yes, health care professionals are required to have yearly N95 mask fitting and testing. It encompasses putting the mask on then having a distinct smell sprayed at you. If you can smell it the mask does not fit properly. If you can't, then you are good to go for another year. N95 masks come in different sizes and peoples faces can change size due to weight loss/gain. Wearing an ill fitting N95 mask does nothing to protect you. An N95 is supposed to be extremely tight around your face to the point you have marks on your face when you take it off. I've laughed at every person I've seen over the past 2.5 years wearing N95 masks that clearly are not being worn properly.

I can't trace back the post you quoted, mostly because I'm too lazy, but I am assuming you are referring to N95 masks.

Yes, health care professionals are required to have yearly N95 mask fitting and testing. It encompasses putting the mask on then having a distinct smell sprayed at you. If you can smell it the mask does not fit properly. If you can't, then you are good to go for another year. N95 masks come in different sizes and peoples faces can change size due to weight loss/gain. Wearing an ill fitting N95 mask does nothing to protect you. An N95 is supposed to be extremely tight around your face to the point you have marks on your face when you take it off. I've laughed at every person I've seen over the past 2.5 years wearing N95 masks that clearly are not being worn properly.
Are you confident saying a N95 mask worn properly and left on the entire almost eliminated your chance of giving or getting COVID during the 2 hours?

Also properly fitted N95 sounds like it solves the problem of the guy (or girl, not as common) sitting next to you with BO.

Are you confident saying a N95 mask worn properly and left on the entire almost eliminated your chance of giving or getting COVID during the 2 hours?

Also properly fitted N95 sounds like it solves the problem of the guy (or girl, not as common) sitting next to you with BO.
I’m confident in saying if you never got into a car or airplane you’d never have to worry about dying in a crash.
Of course their is small chance you get run over or a crashing plane lands on you.

Reactions: bac2therac
Didn't Murphy end the mask requirement in all public schools? And aren't virtually all NJ high schools not requiring masks in the fall? So why not RU-- does the virus react differently to RU students??
Apparently, it also goes counter new CDC relaxed restrictions.
But their are areas of the country that still insist on mandates because they know better?

Not sure if already answered, but what does fully vaccinated mean these days when it comes to gaining entry to the RAC?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Why Greeny, vaccinated people get Covid and infect others.
I’m a believer the vax minimizes severity so I choose to be vaccinated.
But the fact I’m vaxed does not stop me from infecting the person sitting next to me
There are 2 separate issues here.

1. What is the purpose of showing your vaccinated?
2. Why the masking?

I need to know more about #1. It seems like it is pointless for the reasons you laid out. I’ll admit I don’t have the data showing whether
A. Being vaccinated decreases the likelihood that you can get others sick
B. Being vaccinated decreases the severity of the symptoms of the COVID you gave someone

If A and B are false than it makes zero sense.

That has been the argument with my unvaccinated co-workers when they mandated weekly testing in the schools . Why are they the only ones being tested when everyone can get and infect others with the virus. Politics seems to have been the only answer.

And what does getting a negative covid teat within 72 hours prove. People can get sick within those 72 hours andinfect others. Plus are they Accepting the 60% accurate PCR test for games?

I'm so torn here..

(a) Requiring masks in classrooms at this point is pretty hilarious

(b) Watching people here melt down over it is also hilarious

Ditto...seems like overkill, but I think the CEsspool cares more than anyone who actually attends/attended RU

Rutgers administration is run by idiots who are lead by our chief idiot, Murphy. Even in his town of Middletown and the surrounding area he is liked as a person and despised for his politics.

Yeah must be. Is that why no masks have been required in public for over a year now?

Not sure if already answered, but what does fully vaccinated mean these days when it comes to gaining entry to the RAC?
The policy is ambiguous. It says that students and employees must be fully vaccinated and obtain all boosters for which they are eligible. I think that means the term "fully vaccinated" just refers to the primary shot or shots, with boosters being a separate requirement. When it comes to indoor events, the policy says attendees must be "fully vaccinated" or have a negative PCR test within 72 hours. So it seems to me that only students and employees need boosters, and all others can attend indoor events so long as they've had the primary shots or a negative PCR test. To put it another way, it seems to me that those who aren't students or employees have to have the negative PCR test only if they haven't had the primary shots.

The fact that I have to go through such contortions to understand the policy shows that the policy is not well thought out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT