ADVERTISEMENT

Mask/Vaccine Policy For Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Children, students and younger people aren’t allowed to live the life you and I did.
I’d give my life for my daughters to live a normal life.
Masking and vaccines mandates are ABSURD
By all means, please mask up if you feel the need to do so, make your family mask up….do as you desire.
Don’t tell me what to do knowing what we know now.
you feel that way.
But what was normal 100 years ago was replaced 50 years ago with a new normal.
now the normal from 50 years ago is being replaced with the new normal.
In every case change starts to happen there are those complaining about changing into new practices from what was normal in the past

As for telling anyone or everyone what to do. only stating what my opinion on the matter is .
Please don't try to censor my right to have a different opinion than you.
Smallpox vaccinations became mandatory in 1905, for health reasons .
I'm sure there were plenty of parents didn't what their children forced to take it back then.
It wasn't normal back when the parents were children to be forced to get a pox shot
Now hardly any resistance to children taking the vax
Polio shots were forced on kids in the 1950, I believe, if they wanted to attend elementary school. Bet a lot of parents felt that was an imposition back then.It wasn't forced on them as kids.
Now I bet there's very little uproar when parents get their sons and daughters ready for school by getting a polio shot.

So I can understand resistances to a new health regulation, even though those complaining about it have no complaints about other mandatory shots that children have to take for health reasons.
The mandatory covid 19 shots and the rules to live by today weren't around 10 years ago and change sometimes doesn't receive acceptance from those not wanting it.

As for this reply, accept or eject but don't tell me, in a reply, not to express myself when this issue is being discussed .
Don't like my POV, that is alright because you don't have to.

Admittedly I have not read it in detail but the headline said any indoor events. That Hass to be a nightmare PR issue if 8000 people for two hours can be indoors on campus without a mask but 20 kids in a 50 minute class need a mask and a booster. If I was in high school right now I wouldn’t even consider applying to Rutgers
This. It makes ZERO sense.

Do we know if there are professors that won't teach to a class with students not wearing masks?
Do we know how easy it is to replace professors if this is the case?

I highly doubt that there is nothing behind the scenes that is impacting this decision.

Masks dont work anyhow but thats not even the point why on earth is this school being an outlier. I have some thoughts but won't podt them here
We've covered this multiple times. Yes they do.
1 Masks give minimal protection.
2. Covid isnt as deadly as it once was
Masks provide limited/marginal protection from contracting covid, which is true. What many fail to realize, after all this time and numerous explanations, is that masks greatly diminish the dispersion of the covid virus through the air. Less dispersion means less chance of widespread transmission of the virus for those in close proximity. It's "sciency science". Anyone who can interpret Newton's first two laws of motion and/or can complete a simple mask test should be able to conclude masks work. Sciency science plus a simple experiment wins the day, all day and every day.

We've covered this multiple times. Yes they do.

Masks provide limited/marginal protection from contracting covid, which is true. What many fail to realize, after all this time and numerous explanations, is that masks greatly diminish the dispersion of the covid virus through the air. Less dispersion means less chance of widespread transmission of the virus for those in close proximity. It's "sciency science". Anyone who can interpret Newton's first two laws of motion and/or can complete a simple mask test should be able to conclude masks work. Sciency science plus a simple experiment wins the day, all day and every day.
Yes, but a great deal of transmissions occur at home. Should we mask at home? Should we be living our lives in fear over a virus that is generally not lethal to people who are somewhat healthy?

The government should provide N95's to the elderly and unhealthy and provide proper fitting for them. The government should also constantly hammer messaging to the obese that Covid is very dangerous to them.

And the government should leave everyone else alone and let us live our lives.

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Do we know if there are professors that won't teach to a class with students not wearing masks?
Do we know how easy it is to replace professors if this is the case?

I highly doubt that there is nothing behind the scenes that is impacting this decision.
Other universities are able to run classes without masking. Nothing stopping the professors from wearing masks to protect themselves.

Yes, but a great deal of transmissions occur at home. Should we mask at home? Should we be living our lives in fear over a virus that is generally not lethal to people who are somewhat healthy?

The government should provide N95's to the elderly and unhealthy and provide proper fitting for them. The government should also constantly hammer messaging to the obese that Covid is very dangerous to them.

And the government should leave everyone else alone and let us live our lives.

Isn't that last line exactly what the government has done at this point?

I will root more for XXXXXX since there existence is triggering some here

I'll quote this forum poster LOL.

Seriously though - for those whining about the Mask and Vax requirements for students at RU.....how many here are materially affected? How many have children attending RU subject to those requirements.....if not it sounds like a bunch of people shouting at clouds. PS......my kid is entering this year and is subject to the rules. Who knew that he has still found a way to live and enjoy his life.

They don't work. There isn't a person on the planet who hasn't gotten Covid at least once and more than half the population was wearing masks for the last two years.

I realize you're not a brain surgeon but you understand how masks work don't you? You wear a mask to help prevent the spread from YOU to OTHER PEOPLE. If only half the population was wearing masks.....that means that the other half went unfettered - not attempting to stop spreading it to other people.

Seriously though - for those whining about the Mask and Vax requirements for students at RU.....how many here are materially affected? How many have children attending RU subject to those requirements.....if not it sounds like a bunch of people shouting at clouds. PS......my kid is entering this year and is subject to the rules. Who knew that he has still found a way to live and enjoy his life.
My son moves in for his first year of college in 3 days in Pennsylvania. We had to submit a religious exemption for him so he could bypass the covid shot. Why should they care if he is vaccinated or not?

Aren't there a lot of government agencies that require vaccinating, military etc... Aren't doctors offices still requiring it.

Military requires all kinds of things, as it should.

Doctors offices aren't government and should do what is best for them and their business.

I mean ...boom.

Anyone still whining about what an imposition it is going on three years, and many restriction reductions, later really needs to practice what they preach in terms of self reliance. Life's not perfect, but it's still pretty damn good. Or it is what you make it, anyway.

Reactions: Kbee3

Doctors offices aren't government and should do what is best for them and their business.
My wife and I go to lots of doctors' offices. (That's what comes of being old!) We haven't yet found one that doesn't require masking.

I'm not really sure why so many of you are talking about masking. The University policy does *not* require masking other than in classroom spaces, libraries and clinical spaces. So fans will not need to wear masks at the RAC. What they will need to do is to either have had the primary vaccine or vaccinations or to present a PCR test taken within the last 72 hours.

Don't believe me? Here's the policy. https://coronavirus.rutgers.edu/fall-semester-2022-health-and-well-being-protocols/

But it was mandated by the state. Dentist offices just had it lifted 2 weeks ago if they arent in a high transmission county.

My wife and I go to lots of doctors' offices. We haven't yet found one that doesn't require masking.

I'm not really sure why so many of you are talking about masking. The University policy does *not* require masking at indoor events other than in classroom spaces, libraries and clinical spaces. So fans do not need to wear masks at the RAC. What they do need to do is to either have had the primary vaccine or vaccinations or to present a PCR test taken within the last 72 hours.
On mask and vax opposition: one does not reason why, one just make sure they can whine and cry about it
And, of course, the righteous rant
0b021d3ec8d16b06fdc4171e53a55b3c.gif

My wife and I go to lots of doctors' offices. We haven't yet found one that doesn't require masking.

I'm not really sure why so many of you are talking about masking. The University policy does *not* require masking at indoor events other than in classroom spaces, libraries and clinical spaces. So fans do not need to wear masks at the RAC. What they do need to do is to either have had the primary vaccine or vaccinations or to present a PCR test taken within the last 72 hours.
Your last
On mask and vax opposition: one does not reason why, one just make sure they can whine and cry about it
And, of course. the rant
0b021d3ec8d16b06fdc4171e53a55b3c.gif
The testing of the non vaccinated goes against new CDC guidance. Thats why we just stopped weekly testing in schools. Why does Rutgers bother the public with such bs? Im asking this even though Ive had 3 of the covid shots.

This has nothing to do with being woke or have anything to do with politics as much as people want to make it such. This has to do with stupidity. I couldn't be any more on the opposite side of politics from bac or kyk. This mask mandate by Rutgers at this point is absolutely ridiculous. There's simply no other way to say it. I'm at a loss for words at this.

Well CDC just admitted that they made " dramatic mistakes" and are completely restructuring the agency. They are admitting to major failings about pandemic .

Well CDC just admitted that they made " dramatic mistakes" and are completely restructuring the agency. They are admitting to major failings about pandemic .
Some changes still are being formulated, but steps announced Wednesday include:
  • Increasing use of preprint scientific reports to get out actionable data, instead of waiting for research to go through peer review and publication by the CDC journal Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
  • Restructuring the agency’s communications office and further revamping CDC websites to make the agency’s guidance for the public more clear and easier to find.
  • Altering the length of time agency leaders are devoted to outbreak responses to a minimum of six months — an effort to address a turnover problem that at times caused knowledge gaps and affected the agency’s communications.
  • Creation of a new executive council to help Walensky set strategy and priorities.
  • Appointing Mary Wakefield as senior counselor to implement the changes. Wakefield headed the Health Resources and Services Administration during the Obama administration and also served as the No. 2 administrator at HHS. Wakefield, 68, started Monday.
  • Altering the agency’s organization chart to undo some changes made during the Trump administration.
  • Establishing an office of intergovernmental affairs to smooth partnerships with other agencies, as well as a higher-level office on health equity.

Some changes still are being formulated, but steps announced Wednesday include:
  • Increasing use of preprint scientific reports to get out actionable data, instead of waiting for research to go through peer review and publication by the CDC journal Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
  • Restructuring the agency’s communications office and further revamping CDC websites to make the agency’s guidance for the public more clear and easier to find.
  • Altering the length of time agency leaders are devoted to outbreak responses to a minimum of six months — an effort to address a turnover problem that at times caused knowledge gaps and affected the agency’s communications.
  • Creation of a new executive council to help Walensky set strategy and priorities.
  • Appointing Mary Wakefield as senior counselor to implement the changes. Wakefield headed the Health Resources and Services Administration during the Obama administration and also served as the No. 2 administrator at HHS. Wakefield, 68, started Monday.
  • Altering the agency’s organization chart to undo some changes made during the Trump administration.
  • Establishing an office of intergovernmental affairs to smooth partnerships with other agencies, as well as a higher-level office on health equity.

But I'm sure "Team Anti ...well, doing anything helpful" will ignore all that and say, "See CDC failed, we was rite!!"

I realize this thread isn't so much about the RAC policy anymore -- this has to hurt enrollment right? What are other schools doing with regard to mask policy in classroom?

I realize this thread isn't so much about the RAC policy anymore -- this has to hurt enrollment right? What are other schools doing with regard to mask policy in classroom?

That's what some have been saying since 2020 ..and it clearly has not yet.

If anything, not being able to be on campus or in person in classes would hurt enrollment. This policy is not discouraging that. This thread is the same old BS from the same old agenda driven crowd. Four pages of BS over something that has little to do with games at the RAC.

Reactions: njcanesfan
Did you read the OP? Masks aren't required at games. But proof of vaccination or negative PCR are. Effing annoying when I'm trying to bring my 6 year old son to games. I really thought they would have done away with this policy by now.
Must have missed that part. Good catch. Thanks!

Can u name one state or any other place that had a mask mandate in effect that did better then non mandates places? U can’t because there are none. It’s embarrassing what Rutgers is doing
I believe Florida was more rampant than most mask states. Did not look at actual numbers…. But if I recall correctly, we were usually at or near the top of new infections.

Btw guys. Pike has some big times players coming in for visits. Did we forget that with all of these political posts? Lol. Let’s get back to basketball on the basketball board. And all of you “non-woke” posters go back to supporting your woke players!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Little less than 3 months! Let’s goooooo!

you feel that way.
But what was normal 100 years ago was replaced 50 years ago with a new normal.
now the normal from 50 years ago is being replaced with the new normal.
In every case change starts to happen there are those complaining about changing into new practices from what was normal in the past

As for telling anyone or everyone what to do. only stating what my opinion on the matter is .
Please don't try to censor my right to have a different opinion than you.
Smallpox vaccinations became mandatory in 1905, for health reasons .
I'm sure there were plenty of parents didn't what their children forced to take it back then.
It wasn't normal back when the parents were children to be forced to get a pox shot
Now hardly any resistance to children taking the vax
Polio shots were forced on kids in the 1950, I believe, if they wanted to attend elementary school. Bet a lot of parents felt that was an imposition back then.It wasn't forced on them as kids.
Now I bet there's very little uproar when parents get their sons and daughters ready for school by getting a polio shot.

So I can understand resistances to a new health regulation, even though those complaining about it have no complaints about other mandatory shots that children have to take for health reasons.
The mandatory covid 19 shots and the rules to live by today weren't around 10 years ago and change sometimes doesn't receive acceptance from those not wanting it.

As for this reply, accept or eject but don't tell me, in a reply, not to express myself when this issue is being discussed .
Don't like my POV, that is alright because you don't have to.
So true. Excellent post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT