ADVERTISEMENT

Massillon Ohio

FELONIOUSMONK

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2012
One of Ash's recent recruiting offers has gone to a magical Midwestern high school football factory. Could this guy apparently be doing all the right things to not succeed.?Methinks not. Massillon. Warren.Youngstown.Moeller of Cincinnati. These are guys who know how to win
Who grew up watching a winning culture
.He is building a nation and a culture.

Check out the documentary on Massillon football entitled "Go Tigers". I did not come away with a positive impression.

If you want to turn this into a Friday Night Lights you can. I didn't say we emulate the negative aspects of these programs.We can do it the right way. I choose to look at a dynasty loaded with talent and passion and pigskin culture that spit out stars , one of many in the Buckeye state. We need to snag a few of those guys as we begin to keep our talent home

Reactions: newell138
I believe the legendary Paul Brown was the head coach at Massillon before moving on to bigger and better things. I went to law school in Ohio and worked in Cleveland for several years and would add st edwards HS to the list of great football high schools in Ohio.

Reactions: RU22
Been to Massillon many times on business - dormant steel mill. The town is Ampipe x 10. Tough, blue collar, lots of unemployed people, and they will get 10,000 for a high school football game. Most intense setting I've ever seen. I remember thinking if I'd want to be a HS player there - so much pressure. It's not just crazy fans - they know the game really well.

Grew up in NE Ohio, Friday night under the lights is a tradition in OH. Worked in the Massillon/Canton area years ago. Went back recently, and place looked pretty desolate. Lots of heavy drinking in the area.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Been to Massillon many times on business - dormant steel mill. The town is Ampipe x 10. Tough, blue collar, lots of unemployed people, and they will get 10,000 for a high school football game. Most intense setting I've ever seen. I remember thinking if I'd want to be a HS player there - so much pressure. It's not just crazy fans - they know the game really well.

I spent a night in that town once.
Enjoyed it.

Chris Spielman

Live 20 minutes from Massillon, my daughters high school is nick named "little massillon" because of the football culture of the town and constant winning but we are small division 6.

Massillon is one of the better known football schools becuase of the history but the truth is high school football is very very big all over the area.

And yes Paul Brown won titles at Massillon, then at Ohio State, then with the Cleveland Browns

Live 20 minutes from Massillon, my daughters high school is nick named "little massillon" because of the football culture of the town and constant winning but we are small division 6.

Massillon is one of the better known football schools becuase of the history but the truth is high school football is very very big all over the area.

And yes Paul Brown won titles at Massillon, then at Ohio State, then with the Cleveland Browns
I went to Case Western Reserve Univ. and recall St Ed's in Lakewood being very good

ADVERTISEMENT