ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread: #1 Ohio St vs # 18 Rutgers (Intermat rankings), BTN TV, 12pm

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
On BTN TV ! Hopefully a packed house and a few upset wins for RU. I'm predicting a small upset win for Richie Lewis at 165. Suriano faces the Ohio St 2nd teamer (not Tomasello)

125- # 2 Nick Suriano vs OSU 2nd teamer Braken Meade
133- #14 Scott Del Vecchio vs # 3 Luke Pletcher
141- Mike Van Brill vs #6 Joey McKenna
149- #14 Eleazar DeLuca vs #5 Ke-Shawn Hayes
157- John Van Brill vs #6 Micah Jordan
165- #15 Richie Lewis vs #11 Te'shan Campbell
174- Jordan Pagano or Joe Grello vs #3 Bo Jordan
184- #9 Nick Gravina vs #2 Myles Martin
197- Kevin Mulligan vs #1 Kollin Moore
285- Razhonn Gross vs #1 Kyle Snyder

I used the Intermat rankings, only because that's what I have up and handy, and also the Big10 partners with Intermat. These rankings have not been updated since Dec 26.

Official match story from Rutgers site:
http://www.scarletknights.com/news/2018/1/5/no-17-wrestling-hosts-no-2-ohio-state-sunday.aspx

I think this is going to be a great test. Uphill battle yes from number of matches won standpoint. I think the correct gauge will be each individual match to see how we can wrestle against this type of competition.

Reactions: jerzey devil
This has the potential for an ugly overall score. We can put forth our best but still only win 2-3 matches. I assume OSU has a dual with PSU at some point coming up? That will be something to see.

This has the potential for an ugly overall score. We can put forth our best but still only win 2-3 matches. I assume OSU has a dual with PSU at some point coming up? That will be something to see.

On the recent Flo Wrestling podcast, the radio guys who've been following radio for a very long time, were saying that both OSU and PSU might have the best lineups in the history of college wrestling. And to have 2 in the same year is quite incredible.
That's our conference, lol.

is tomasello ducking suriano today or is he gonna go?

Reported elsewhere, that he asked Tan Tom if ok to attend his friends wedding on Saturday. Tom said sure.

Also, I noticed Kyle Snyder skipped wrestlign the ranked Maryland 285 Hermida, but flying in just to wrestle the unranked Gross today.

Looks like Tan tom is allowing the team to slowly gear themselves into the dual season.

I think this is going to be a great test. Uphill battle yes from number of matches won standpoint. I think the correct gauge will be each individual match to see how we can wrestle against this type of competition.

I think you're spot on with how to gage this match... best case winning 3 matches.. But more importantly.. How do we look in the losses... I'll be real interested to see how well we can compete overall...

Yikes , 184 Pagano ( no Gravina) gets pinned in a flash.

OSU leads 9-0

Of course that was going to happen. Martin is a beast and pagano trying to wrestle up.

Why is Mulligan not wrestling??

I don’t know anything about wrestling but this looks like a destruction.

Too be expected, We did not have a realistic chance to win from 174 to heavyweight (Without gravina).

197- No Mulligan today, Messner loses to #1 Moore 18-7.

OSU up 13-0

How much did Snyder pay for his round trip from Col Springs to come in and pin Gross in a minute?

OSU up 19-0

Reactions: koleszar
Disappointing performance there by gross. You need to keep it to a decision against that kid:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am not knowledgeable in this sport, but why did it gross lift up his right shoulder like that? It seems like he was inviting that move by Snyder.

I don’t follow wrestling that closely. Appears the difference between #2 and #17 is like Alabama playing Princeton in football.

Suriano's opponent playing turtle on his stomach. No stall calls;

Reported elsewhere, that he asked Tan Tom if ok to attend his friends wedding on Saturday. Tom said sure.

Also, I noticed Kyle Snyder skipped wrestlign the ranked Maryland 285 Hermida, but flying in just to wrestle the unranked Gross today.

Looks like Tan tom is allowing the team to slowly gear themselves into the dual season.
Perfect example of what is holding back wrestling as a spectator sport. If you treat the season like an exhibition schedule so will fans. Can you imagine Urban Meyer saying go ahead skip the game to go to a friend’s wedding? To many great matches are lost to resting guys or strategic testing of guys to protect seeds.

Perfect example of what is holding back wrestling as a spectator sport. If you treat the season like an exhibition schedule so will fans. Can you imagine Urban Meyer saying go ahead skip the game to go to a friend’s wedding? To many great matches are lost to resting guys or strategic testing of guys to protect seeds.
I agree – – It seems that this sport has built in conflicting interests with these duel meets and the tournaments. There are only so many true wrestling aficionados. If they want to keep pulling in more casual fans like me, and keep setting these attendance records, they can’t treat these duel meets like exhibitions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT