ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling MATCH THREAD: Rutgers heads to Princeton for the Big-Ivy Rivalry

Why wrestle Correnti who is gassed every match against guys his own weight against a guy who has 40 lbs on him?

Why wrestle Correnti who is gassed every match against guys his own weight against a guy who has 40 lbs on him?

Very questionable decision unless Esposito is hurt/sick. For someone who is undersized, he surely is out wrestling a full 7 minutes shape.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Very questionable decision unless Esposito is hurt/sick. For someone who is undersized, he surely is out wrestling a full 7 minutes shape.

Nice match by Rutgers. With a little luck Rutgers keeps their winning streak going over Princeton with another win tonight.
So freakin close to another win...

Good effort RU ... I’d say RU might have lost by 1 second, but then Pagano probably would have lost ... getting the 149 wrestler and pin helped as well ... too bad Suriano didn’t come back to balance the pin out.

Overall great effort against a stacked PU team.

We were so close in Donner, MVB, and Janzer matches. Team wrestled hard. Don’t agree wrestling Correnti. I feel like Esposito could have pinned that kid. Little surprised he wrestled Angelo. Actually thought he would go Santos knowing you can’t give up pin there and Angelo tends to be more risky

Janzer match was really the difference. Feel like Billy actually outwrestled him but couldn’t finish
One second in the Donner match was the difference to me. Nobody’s fault. Princeton just slightly better.

Janzer wrestles well but his opponent reminded me a lot of the way Alvarez wrestles.

The team wrestling has been encouraging as of late. Typical of Goodale teams to wrestle their best at this time of year. Gotta wonder if there’s some magic from Pagano coming this postseason.

Reactions: PSUPOWER
5-5 split so bonus points were once again the difference and unfortunately Angelo giving up 6 there was all but certain.

Reactions: Leonard23
Janzer match was really the difference. Feel like Billy actually outwrestled him but couldn’t finish
IDK, I'm as angry as anyone that Janzer couldn't finish and scramble well in on his shots, but the Angelo match really killed us. I think the announcers said it was Kolodzik's first pin and it was way too easy. That was painful to watch between the horrid officiating, technical difficulties, and some of the matches not going our way. Overall good performance though but we had a chance to win and couldn't finish.

Reactions: PSUPOWER
IDK, I'm as angry as anyone that Janzer couldn't finish and scramble well in on his shots, but the Angelo match really killed us. I think the announcers said it was Kolodzik's first pin and it was way too easy. That was painful to watch between the horrid officiating, technical difficulties, and some of the matches not going our way. Overall good performance though but we had a chance to win and couldn't finish.

That's been the overarching storyline this year..close but can't finish.

Reactions: Leonard23
The dual is over regardless because this ref wouldn't let PU get pinned here. I'm sure if Correnti has him on his back, he'll call a stalemate.
OK reading through the thread this one made me die laughing.[roll]

Reactions: MS-RU
Regardless of what happens here tonight, Princeton is not much better than us. They are no way a top 5/10 team and next year without Kolo they aren't nearly as good.
They lose Brucki as well and is Friday a junior or senior? Either way Princeton better enjoy this win because we're taking the trophy right back at the RAC next year.

They lose Brucki as well and is Friday a junior or senior? Either way Princeton better enjoy this win because we're taking the trophy right back at the RAC next year.

Brucki is only a junior, this is his 3rd year wrestling.

Reactions: obrats
Haha it’s Monday not Friday. The whole team is back for the most part aside from Kolo who hasn’t wrestled much this year. Theyre a legit team with some stud recruits coming in the next two years

Reactions: R U Crazy
ADVERTISEMENT