ADVERTISEMENT

Matee Ajavon article on Coach Stringer and RU

Great article. I think that Coach needs to get that toughness when she recruits players

Great article. I think that Coach needs to get that toughness when she recruits players

Excellent read. I always enjoyed watching Matee play. She was lightning quick, often reminding me of the women's equivalent of Mike Dabney from the 1976 men's FF team.

Nice read and probably true about the sense of tradition the recent RU WBB players felt /feel now.
Getting that back might just improve RU's chances of having a winning season .
I can't say if the tradition isn't being stressed as much now as in the past, but maybe a different approach in the way it's stressed might be needed to get the current players buy into the tradition RU WBB has.

Tradition was on a death spiral the moment the Fab 5 signed.
That was when the freshmen thought CVS's style wasn't encouraging or coddling enough for them. I recall seeing CVS have to start standing the whole game against the end of the announcer's table clapping and acting like a cheerleader. It was a shame the she felt she had to change her approach to appease them.

Reactions: dmd78
She was my favorite player of all time. A point guard like Kevin Porter of the old Wash Bullets. Lightning quick. Great passer. Sometimes too quick. But always entertaining for the fans. And could score if needed. Sure wish the Liberty would have acquired her years ago and made her the point guard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT