ADVERTISEMENT

Matee

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Looks like she is done as in gone from the WNBA. I guess her departure is due in part from the "Angel" returning. New Coach also.

Wonder if she's thinking of going into the coaching profession as a HS or Collage assistant.
Sounds like teaching skill sets might be just a means to start into coaching players now that her pro career is winding down or over.

Madhat1, or anyone else, do me a favor if you have the time. I can't find anyplace that says she is officially done in the pros. WNBA.com still has her listed as on the Dream, but we know they are a crappy website. Rebkell posters seem to not mention her at all which means somebody knows something.
edit: Just looked again, and she is gone from Atlanta roster, and league roster.
Wish Matee well in no matter what direction she goes!!

Last edited:
Madhat finish reading my above post.
edit: Just looked again, and she is gone from Atlanta roster, and league roster.
Wish Matee well in no matter what direction she goes."

Madhat finish reading my above post.
Wish Matee well in no matter what direction she goes."
Being an unrestricted FA would have Matee not listed in any WNBA roster and only on the WNBA FA list.
But I think we won't know for sure about Matee Ajavon's status ( still playing/retired) until the WNBA season and postseason are over and the Overseas leagues start playing.
Matee might still want to play and could latch on with a team overseas .
She played 17 games for Bnot Hertzeliya in Israel last season and maybe she'll return there
http://basketball.eurobasket.com/player/Matee-Ajavon/Israel/Bnot-Hertzeliya/88174?Women=1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT