ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Matt Correnti enters the Transfer Portal

I met his father at match a few years ago. I did not know who he was, but he was rooting for Rutgers and I asked him if he had someone on the team. He said he had one son at Rider and even though he thought highly of them, he was hoping his second son would go to RU. He took the time to explain to me some of the nuances of college wrestling. He seemed like a class act. Everyone seems to say the same thing about the sons. I will continue to root for this family any time RU is not involved.

Heightwise, Janzer is such a small 197.

Most heavyweights these days are on the lighter side.

I don’t know what happens behind closed doors but Correnti had chances all year to take either spot. Pagano outwrestled him at 197 and he kept gassing out late in matches at heavy. That’s really all there is to it.

Most Heavyweight wrestlers in the B1G weigh between 225 & 285.

If D1 Wrestling had a 215lb or 220lb weight class, I have no doubt that
Matt would be a national qualifier in it.

Matt will need to commit to one weight class at Rider if he hopes to
become a national qualifier again.

Unlike many other adjacent weight classes, it is too difficult for most
wrestlers to excel at both 197 and 285.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
With all these upper weight commits the past few days, it seems the writing was on the wall for Correnti. He gave it his best at two difficult weight classes to bounce around between. It would have been nice to see him settle in back a ways and reach his potential. I wish him the best at Rider and will root for him there.

With all these upper weight commits the past few days, it seems the writing was on the wall for Correnti. He gave it his best at two difficult weight classes to bounce around between. It would have been nice to see him settle in back a ways and reach his potential. I wish him the best at Rider and will root for him there.
Rider's municipal bonds were downgraded to junk level by Moody's earlier this month. Huge challenges ahead for many private colleges. $$$$

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT