ADVERTISEMENT

Max Dean to PSU

MS-RU

All American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2013
Surprise, the insanely rich get even richer. Not sure how they skirt around the scholarship money issue with all of those top guys but damn.

Oh God, the circle jerk on the dysfunctional board must be immense.

According to the latest available data, PSU is only giving financial aid to 14 rostered wrestlers. Rutgers is at 18. Mizzou with 37!

This is only athletic scholarship money though, I believe, and doesn't take into account academic financial aid, ROTC, etc.

If he’s a Cornell kid he can probably make a substantial amount of scholarship money academically.

Why do you say that?

tumblr_msyrf2osEu1rnebg8o9_r1_250.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
If he goes 184 then either he or Brooks bumps up to 197 and Beard sits. Unreal

If he’s a Cornell kid he can probably make a substantial amount of scholarship money academically.
It's my understanding that most recruited athletes at Cornell enter through the Ag School, which has much lower standards than the regular school. In fact, it may be easier to get accepted there than many of our schools.

It's my understanding that most recruited athletes at Cornell enter through the Ag School, which has much lower standards than the regular school. In fact, it may be easier to get accepted there than many of our schools.
Cornell as understand is similar to the old Rutgers where you apply to one of several schools. The acceptance rate for the Ag school is the “easiest” but still only about 10% so it’s not as if they are taking kids with 750 SAT scores. If I recall a lot of RU athletes came in through Livingston which traditionally had a higher acceptance rate than Rutgers College.

My question is if there are kids who go prep at Finger Lakes CC for a year then get into the Ag school.

Last edited:
My question is if there are kids who go prep at Finger Lakes CC for a year then get into the Ag school.
Yes they stack kids at Finger Lakes CC if they can't get in or need to work the roster. The two NJ kids who recently went to Cornell went to Finger Lakes CC 1st. It also doesn't hurt that their Regional Olympic training site is on Fingers Lakes CC campus.

He considered an unrecruited walk on so he doesn't count towards any limits.
Yes I heard the Dean family qualifies for grant in aid.🙄 Well come to think of it, who on psu's wrestling roster doesn't qualify? That's probably the easiest way to figure it out.

Yes I heard the Dean family qualifies for grant in aid.🙄 Well come to think of it, who on psu's wrestling roster doesn't qualify? That's probably the easiest way to figure it out.
But RU (among many other schools) probably has similar ways to get kids in with financial aids/grants without the official scholly.

ADVERTISEMENT