ADVERTISEMENT

X

Nice pic. Johnson playing where's Waldo? Duke looks like he can still trim down. McConnell looks a legit 6'-6"

Mcconnel may be on a scooter but he looks like he's really added a lot of muscle. He's got great size.

Reactions: Scangg
McConnell was in a video/photo elevating above the rim like a week ago, wo hopefully it's a minor thing and they're being overly cautious

Don't know why people are ragging on Doucoure for being fat...

Stand next to him at practice...thats definitely not a concern right now
BK, if you don't mind...let's presume we add Hyatt, for argument's sake: If Geo or McConnell were to miss some time injured, any idea who the coaches envision as next in line bringing the ball up the court? And/or who do you envision? Or is it more of a "pray those two stay healthy" situation? Just curious if Pikiell actually views someone I wouldn't expect as a potential primary ball handler in a pinch...

Great pic! BTW, does Thiam have any muscle down low or did they just paint his leg bones dark brown lol?

Damn you guys are hard on kids just having a good time poolside!

Issa is now a legit 6’10 and has added over 30 pounds since he’s been here.

Harper is every bit of 6’5-6’6 and is still growing. Could be 6’9 before he’s done at RU. The guys are sorta hunched over in that photo, and Harper is barefoot.

McConnell came onto campus in great shape, as did Mathis. Both battling minor injuries. Mathis is now practicing full however.

As for the question at hand...we don’t really have a true point right now anyway. I think Coach feels that Kiss can handle, and our size helps when handling ball pressure. The new combo g/f all have good ball skills as well

Harper is every bit of 6’5-6’6 and is still growing. Could be 6’9 before he’s done at RU. The guys are sorta hunched over in that photo, and Harper is barefoot.

McConnell came onto campus in great shape, as did Mathis. Both battling minor injuries. Mathis is now practicing full however.

As for the question at hand...we don’t really have a true point right now anyway. I think Coach feels that Kiss can handle, and our size helps when handling ball pressure. The new combo g/f all have good ball skills as well

@BKIn118 - do you think it’s realistic for this team to be better than last year’s team? I know we lose a lot with Sanders, Williams, and Freeman but it just seems like maybe the improved depth could help overcome that.

Reactions: dkostus
Schedule is much tougher, and the league will be improved. We replace seniors with frosh, and lose a considerable talent in Sanders a season early.

Still...I think a plus 500 record and getting out of the basement in league are possible based on what I’ve seen so far. Add Hyatt or another post grad player and I’d sort of expect better.

Bottom line, a bunch to like with this group. Will certainly be a TEAM concept at the very least

Thiam grew a few inches to 6'10 since arriving.....but but but....I thought guys in college never grow. Lol

There is no guarantee about Harper growing, but, those previous threads about it being impossible were kinda silly.

Don't know why people are ragging on Doucoure for being fat...

Stand next to him at practice...thats definitely not a concern right now
Think it's more so because that has to be a collection of the thinnest legs I've eve seen. Need more leg strength work

BK, how does Harper’s skill set matchup with his current sizet? Though he may not get one, would a redshirt benefit him—in an ideal world?

Last edited:
What are the rules for July “practices”? Are they without coaches? When are they held, at the RAC, can anyone walk in?

Thanks.

BK, how does Harper’s skill set matchup with his current sizet? Though he may not get one, would a redshirt benefit him—in an ideal world?
IMO, and based solely on my limited viewing time of his game...

Harper probably helps too many ways to consider redshirting at all but the very best programs.

He's a little behind physically, but that ground can be made up quickly and early. I feel like the staff is extremely excited about his potential

What are the rules for July “practices”? Are they without coaches? When are they held, at the RAC, can anyone walk in?

Thanks.
Workouts are held twice a week, but the schedule varies depending on the travel schedule of the coaches during the now July eval period. Workout/Practice time is limited to a couple of hours a week with the staff.

The RAC surface is closed while they work on the floor. I'd encourage anyone looking to view a summer workout to contact a member of the staff to gain access.

IMO, and based solely on my limited viewing time of his game...

Harper probably helps too many ways to consider redshirting at all but the very best programs.

He's a little behind physically, but that ground can be made up quickly and early. I feel like the staff is extremely excited about his potential
In what world does a 4* MBB player red shirt at RU?

Though he may not get one, would a redshirt benefit him—in an ideal world?

In an ideal world, a redshirt would benefit EVERY college freshman, because they would be a year more polished.

Now, in the real world, why the heck do posters keep talking about a redshirt for Harper, one of the best recruits we have had in the last 5 years? And the kid can shoot the 3!

Look at Geo. #414 recruit out of HS. He starts, plays tons of minutes down the stretch. Best passer on the team. Glad we didn’t redshirt Geo! But we should redshirt a #150 recruit who can shoot the 3?!?

Any update on McConnell? Has he been working out?

Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT