ADVERTISEMENT

Media Is at RU practice/workouts today

Wouldn’t be surprised at all. There are fewer big bodies centers in the conference and Mag is big and long. Not to mention it could unclog the middle offensively/allow Caleb to roam as a cutter. I don’t think it’s for more than 5 mpg but it’s a capable look for sure.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Yeah I don't think so either--unless they were playing a really funky line up while Jaden was watching.
Maybe against small lineups? I’d be worried about his health/the size differential given his dental issues.

I’m also excited to see if he can contribute as a wing so would prefer that but if the Palmquist hype holds up we might have too much traffic there.

Interested to hear where you see jalen miller fitting to the mix and is Wolfork someone who can contribute at this level?

Dean is very good at cutting to the rim and he is quicker than the 5's covering him

When Cliff is out Dean is already a small ball 5.... Woolfolk or Chol also small ball 5's... by default we are a small ball team without Cliff... can't see Mag at the 5 even in a small ball lineup

Reiber's a small ball 5? He's 6-10/225.... not sure how that's "small ball". Woolfolk (6-9/250) is an inch shorter, but has 25 more pounds. Chol is definitely smaller at 6-8/215 (not far off from Mag's 6-7/216).

“As you saw, he’s one of the most athletic guards we’ve had since Corey Sanders,” Rutgers coach Steve Pikiell said. “He’s above the rim, he shoots the ball effortlessly, has a good feel for the game. Now he’s just kind of learning our defenses and things we want him to do. But his ceiling is tremendous and he’s been very coachable, which I really like.”

Is Derek Simpson as athletic as Jacob Young?

“As you saw, he’s one of the most athletic guards we’ve had since Corey Sanders,” Rutgers coach Steve Pikiell said. “He’s above the rim, he shoots the ball effortlessly, has a good feel for the game. Now he’s just kind of learning our defenses and things we want him to do. But his ceiling is tremendous and he’s been very coachable, which I really like.”

Maybe Simpson is as athletic as Sanders since Sanders was usually under control when attacking the rim. Young could be out of control at times.

Reiber's a small ball 5? He's 6-10/225.... not sure how that's "small ball". Woolfolk (6-9/250) is an inch shorter, but has 25 more pounds. Chol is definitely smaller at 6-8/215 (not far off from Mag's 6-7/216).

Is Woolfolk really that tall or more like 6’7”?

As for Dean, I’m hoping he has a more menacing look.

A Mohawk with a beard and some arm ink

You do realize Sanders was a better player and athlete than Jacob Young was. Young may have been a split second faster in quickness, but Sanders was the more complete player in all aspects of athletic (size, strength, bulk, leaping abilities and capabilities at the basket against bigger bodies on a more consistent basis.

You do realize Sanders was a better player and athlete than Jacob Young was. Young may have been a split second faster in quickness, but Sanders was the more complete player in all aspects of athletic (size, strength, bulk, leaping abilities and capabilities at the basket against bigger bodies on a more consistent basis.
As you saw, he’s one of the most athletic guards we’ve had since Corey Sanders.

Of course I know Sanders was better and more athletic than both Young and Simpson. I believe Pike is suggesting Simpson's athleticism is closer to Young but Sanders is certainly at another level.

You believe these measurements? Harper was listed at 6'6" but at the NBA camp he measured 6''4 1/2 ". Beiber is not close to 6'10"

You believe these measurements? Harper was listed at 6'6" but at the NBA camp he measured 6''4 1/2 ". Beiber is not close to 6'10"
Omoruyi listed at 6-11... If they're bumping up for Reiber, they're bumping up for him too. Guess that means everyone's a small ball center?

Edit to add: how many teams in the Big Ten start a center that's listed at 6-11 or more?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT