ADVERTISEMENT

Media Poll: Rutgers Unanimously Picked to Finish Last in B1G East

Find a way to get 2 big ten wins this year. That should be the goal. Whatever place Rutgers ends up in at 2-7, it would be a big improvement heading into 2018 with a lot of experience coming back.

Let's just line up and play the games. We know what we're up against. Decide it on the field and not on a media vote--by trolls from other schools or hand wringing from our own fans.

We've been picked last every single year, including the year we went 8-5.

This makes no sense!! Delusional said 10 wins! What's their problem!?!

Reactions: brgRC90
The season will be an acid test for Ash. The team has to show improvement, not necessarily in wins, but they have to be somewhat competitive. Respect must be earned on the field.

Reactions: dbaguy
Stop with this garbage. It is what it is for this year. So tired of it, grow up.
Sorry I offended you. But I pay my seat donations, pay for my tickets, parking, plus donate money on top of that to sit in my seat at High Point Solutions Stadium in Piscataway, NJ. I played their game and invested a lot of money to get those seats over time.

What I don't subscribe to is being held hostage(pay for game or lose season tickets) to sit in some crappy baseball stadium with shitty sight lines in the middle of Bronx, NY. You want to have a game there fine, don't hold me hostage because your afraid nobody else will go. That's not how you treat your loyal fan base.

Last edited:
Sorry I offended you. But I pay my seat donations, pay for my tickets, parking, plus donate money on top of that to sit in my seat at High Point Solutions Stadium in Piscataway, NJ. I played their game and invested a lot of money to get those seats over time.

What I don't subscribe to is being held hostage(pay for game or lose season tickets) to sit in some crappy baseball stadium with shitty sight lines in the middle of Bronx, NY. You want to have a game there fine, don't hold me hostage because your afraid nobody else will go. That's not how you treat your loyal fan base.

I agree with koleszar. I have increased my donations significantly, including the B1G Build, upgraded my seats and bought more seats as I am getting through paying 18 years worth of college for my kids. I will continue to increase donations, but I do not want to take ANY of the 6 or 7 annual home games off our awesome campus. Think about it. The B1G Build is a B1G deal, right? Then why take a valuable home game and play it away from what we are building? And FORCE loyal fans to have to buy tickets there? It makes no sense on so many levels.

I fear that we will continue to play games at Yankee Stadium. This is a big issue for many of us. I will stop voicing my opinion when I hear from Pat Hobbs that this will not continue in the future. Everyone should make their voice heard.

Let's make our campus THE place to be on fall Saturdays!

NotThisShit.png

How did this thread turn into a bitch fest about Yankee Stadium? I have an idea. Instead of hijacking threads. Contact your ticket agent and you development rep about Yankee Stadium. If you don't know who your development rep is, call the development office and state your intentions that you will cut or stop you donations if games continue to be scheduled at Yankee Stadium. Just a suggestion--but I guarantee it will be far more effective than complaining about it in a rutgeral feel good thread.

Contact your ticket agent and you development rep about Yankee Stadium. If you don't know who your development rep is, call the development office and state your intentions that you will cut or stop you donations if games continue to be scheduled at Yankee Stadium. Just a suggestion--but I guarantee it will be far more effective than complaining about it in a rutgeral feel good thread.
You sure your on the right thread? This is a thread about being unanimously being picked last in the B1G. Not exactly a feel good story. I was simply explaining my disgust over the situation to somebody who told me to grow up. To your other point I already have complained to everyone I could get in touch with. Actually worked my way up the food chain to a scathing e-mail to the big man himself.

Reactions: Local Shill
You sure your on the right thread? This is a thread about being unanimously being picked last in the B1G. Not exactly a feel good story. I was simply explaining my disgust over the situation to somebody who told me to grow up. To your other point I already have complained to everyone I could get in touch with. Actually worked my way up the food chain to a scathing e-mail to the big man himself.
Yeah, wrong thread, but right message.
Don't see the point about continually complaining about it in threads that have nothing to do about the Yankee stadium issue. I spoke with someone in development about this, and they "appear" to get the message loud and clear. But this being Rutgers, don't be surprised with anything.

Reactions: koleszar
I don't attend games any longer.In Fl. and don't travel far .Used to have Seasons when I lived in Jersey. If I were still a Season Holder I too would not be happy about having to go to the Bronx to watch a Home Game.In fact i would be P.O.'d, B1G TIME.

I don't attend games any longer.In Fl. and don't travel far .Used to have Seasons when I lived in Jersey. If I were still a Season Holder I too would not be happy about having to go to the Bronx to watch a Home Game.In fact i would be P.O.'d, B1G TIME.
Why? It's not even that hard to get to.

koleszar - I'm surprised that you were "held hostage". When renewing for this year, my ticket agent called the Yankee Stadium game optional, and actually asked me if I wanted a package with or without that game.

I'll go against the grain and respond to the actual post that began the thread.

1. There is no place else to pick us. We were historically bad last year, and assuming any improvement is risky. All of our reasons for thinking this year will be better are almost entirely speculation and too many have to break right for us to do even moderately better.

2. I will care about preseason polls -- and this one is more or less unofficial anyway -- when I start caring about "preseason all-conference" and "preseason All-America teams." Which will be never.

3. The only thing this poll has more validity than is Al's prediction. And at least he knows more about Rutgers football than most of the people who voted. (What he does with that knowledge is another matter.)

I would prefer that the RU-MD game be played in Yankee Stadium EVERY year.They've got a big alumni base here.The game may catch on if it has a permanent home.

The problem most have with the game is that most live fairly close to High Points.Why not give the rest of us an annual game close to our area?

ADVERTISEMENT