ADVERTISEMENT

Media Poll: Rutgers Unanimously Picked to Finish Last in B1G East

I would prefer that the RU-MD game be played in Yankee Stadium EVERY year.They've got a big alumni base here.The game may catch on if it has a permanent home.

The problem most have with the game is that most live fairly close to High Points.Why not give the rest of us an annual game close to our area?

I live far away from Piscataway, but moving any home games away from campus is a crime.
Home is Home. It's not a road show coming to a stadium near you.

Why? It's not even that hard to get to.

You don't go to a college football game because it's easy to get to.
You go to experience the color and pageantry of a fall Saturday on a college campus tailgating and cheering for your team. The truth is that most of the better college football settings around the country are not easy to get to. tens of thousands of people descending on small college towns makes for horrible traffic. difficult parking entry and exit, etc. But it's awesome and worth the trouble.

Rutgers simply can't finish last. It is easier to remain at the top and it is even more easier to remain at the bottom in the BIG.

We have to not hold anything back. Throw everything out there like it is the last game of the season.

Rutgers has to be the biggest "fake" school in the BIG to win. Fake everything on the field and off the field. Even send out fake news stories through SL that we are not showing up for the game with Michigan after what they did to us last year. Of course we will show up but create some fake controversy. We have to be good at something.

seems like every year I hope to disappoint those who predict our demise;
but end up having reality hit me with a baseball bat square between the eyes.
(I actually didn't mean that to rhyme - must have been channeling my inner hippie)

I always look forward however to improvement. I have been surprised in the past, and it is those small things in life that I can shove in the face of the Michigan St. fans that I work with. At least I will get more points this year. There were a lot of lunches paid out last year.

Hey, you guys will improve and have your day in the B1G East. Ash knows what it takes coming from tOSU program. You have fine talent in NJ plus PA to draw on. We lost 30 some straight games years ago. Your day will come. Stick with Ash imo.

.02 and, Go Cats !!

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Why would we expect anything but last place???

We shouldn't based on last year. But I do think that we will see improvement. There is just no way barring massive amounts of injures that we can be worse or just as bad as last year.

I know that everyone loves to focus on the blowouts, but we came very close to winning some of the games we lost. With a healthier and improve team we will have a better chance to win games like that this year.

3-5 wins is possible. 6 wins and a bowl game? I wouldn't go that far but you never know.

We shouldn't based on last year. But I do think that we will see improvement. There is just no way barring massive amounts of injures that we can be worse or just as bad as last year.

I know that everyone loves to focus on the blowouts, but we came very close to winning some of the games we lost. With a healthier and improve team we will have a better chance to win games like that this year.

3-5 wins is possible. 6 wins and a bowl game? I wouldn't go that far but you never know.
you just jinxed us with 'there is no way' c'mon man, we're Rutgers lol

You don't go to a college football game because it's easy to get to.
You go to experience the color and pageantry of a fall Saturday on a college campus tailgating and cheering for your team. The truth is that most of the better college football settings around the country are not easy to get to. tens of thousands of people descending on small college towns makes for horrible traffic. difficult parking entry and exit, etc. But it's awesome and worth the trouble.
So what it's one game. Bring the college spirit to Yankee stadium. Tailgate in the lots, go to the bars, enjoy the city. We claim to own NYC but our fans won't go there to support our team. Of course Yankee Stadium isn't ideal. It'll make us look terrible as a fanbase if they show an empty Yankee stadium on TV.

This thread is about the B1G media right?

So based on the past 3 years why would said Media not pick us last?
When we win more than 3 B1G games maybe we will get movement upward

I would prefer that the RU-MD game be played in Yankee Stadium EVERY year.They've got a big alumni base here.The game may catch on if it has a permanent home.

The problem most have with the game is that most live fairly close to High Points.Why not give the rest of us an annual game close to our area?

Epic Fail. You will see that huge NYC turnout at Yankee Stadium. LMAO

UW - L
EMU - W
Morgan St - W
@NEB - L
OSU - L
@ILL - L
PUR - W
@MICH - L
MD - W
@PSU - L
@IND - L
Mich St - L

4-8 at best, 1-11 at worst.

Last edited:
Please, the only poll I care about is the one between ........ well you guessed it

I've come to realize, the Media and experts are all pretty much stupid, true journalism is gone and never to return.. thanks Obama

Please, the only poll I care about is the one between ........ well you guessed it

I've come to realize, the Media and experts are all pretty much stupid, true journalism is gone and never to return.. thanks Obama

It seems like they look at the standings from last year and use that for 90 percent of their prediction.

Is it asking too much to finish ahead of Indiana ? I don't think they are world beaters
The B1G media gave us nothing more than a cursory look at best.
Hence easy last place pick.

Last edited:
best use - - motivational material for the team ...

but realistically this would be the expected projection if the analysts are seeking to be coldly objective and are sticking to working with 'knowns' and what has been demonstrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT