ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Lacrosse vs Saint John's

RU wins it. RU 10 SJ 8. Way to open up. I love beating those guys. Go RU.

Congrats to the team. Following on game tracker it looked like a nice defensive stand in the last couple of minutes.

Originally posted by DowntownT_Brown:
Congrats to the team. Following on game tracker it looked like a nice defensive stand in the last couple of minutes.
It did.

I don't know anything about LAX but looking at the Game Tracker I'm even more confused than ever.
At the end of the 2nd half it says RU 4-3. Then SJU has 4 goals in OT to go up 7-4. Why did it even go into OT???
Then RU scores 5 goals in a row to go up 9-7 at the end of OT. Why did it go to a 2nd OT??
In the 2nd OT SJU scores to make it 9-8 RU. Then RU scores to make it 10-8.

Help me to understand this scoring.

Originally posted by OntheBanks:
I don't know anything about LAX but looking at the Game Tracker I'm even more confused than ever.
At the end of the 2nd half it says RU 4-3. Then SJU has 4 goals in OT to go up 7-4. Why did it even go into OT???
Then RU scores 5 goals in a row to go up 9-7 at the end of OT. Why did it go to a 2nd OT??
In the 2nd OT SJU scores to make it 9-8 RU. Then RU scores to make it 10-8.

Help me to understand this scoring.
It did not go to overtime. It looks like the tool providing the scoring summary was probably made for basketball which is played in 2 halves. Lax is played in 4 quarters like football. It shows the scoring from the first quarter as being from the first half and the scoring from the second quarter as being from the 2nd half. When there was scoring in the 3rd & 4th quarter, the tool interpreted that as being 1OT & 2OT.

RU won 10-8 in regulation.

Nice win was watching the St Johns Game tracker and online feed of the Loyola(played there in the early 70's)/Virginia game that was a good one. Looks like the Richmond game is online next Saturday per Inside Lacrosse site link.

Schedule/Links 4 espn3 and other games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT