ADVERTISEMENT

Horn Gets Stuck at HPSS

ChrisNalwasky

All American
Staff
Mar 25, 2018
In one of the most funny instances I can remember happening while covering or at a Rutgers athletics event in general, the train horn sound after a RU goal was stuck for over three minutes late in the third quarter.
I asked a few players and head coach Brian Brecht about it.

Read, see, and hear more HERE!

It's funny now, and the response was great, but at the time, all I could think about was plowing the field at half time against WVU.

We had momentum at that time. We were in our matrix flow state. That horn helped them a lot more than it helped us.

Reactions: rondi
It's funny now, and the response was great, but at the time, all I could think about was plowing the field at half time against WVU.

We had momentum at that time. We were in our matrix flow state. That horn helped them a lot more than it helped us.
The announcer said we could get penalized if it continued much longer?? $$$$

Yep, we could have been. I don't mind the horn, but the stadium staff need to pick their game up big time. This isn't high school sports.

Agree with all of this.

Anyone know exactly what kind of penalty would have been assessed by the refs? Kind of sucks when the team itself has nothing to do with the problem, but I get that some schools would do a lot of things to possibly disrupt another team. In this case, I also think it hurt RU more.

Anyone know exactly what kind of penalty would have been assessed by the refs? Kind of sucks when the team itself has nothing to do with the problem, but I get that some schools would do a lot of things to possibly disrupt another team. In this case, I also think it hurt RU more.

Heard RU would have gotten hit with a delay of game penalty of some sort

Yep, we could have been. I don't mind the horn, but the stadium staff need to pick their game up big time. This isn't high school sports.
It was embarrassing... it took way too long to cut it.

ADVERTISEMENT