Mens LAx Schedule released

scarletjimmy

All Conference
Aug 3, 2001
Mashpee, MA
The team then hits the road for a game
at Penn State on Sunday, April 19, before concluding the regular season
with the home finale against Ohio State. The matchup against the
Buckeyes will be either Friday, April 24 or Saturday, April 25.

I hope the OSU game is NOT Friday night, but Saturday afternoon or night. Does RU do a lot of Friday night games or is the Big10 thing?

http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/m-lacros/spec-rel/111314aaa.html

WOW....

02/07/15 at St. John's Queens, N.Y. TBA

02/14/15 at Richmond University Richmond, Va. TBA

02/21/15 vs. University of Virginia Piscataway, N.J. 1:00 p.m. ET

02/24/15 vs. Wagner Piscataway, N.J. 3:00 p.m. ET

02/28/15 vs. Monmouth N.J. Piscataway, N.J. 12:00 p.m. ET

03/03/15 vs. Army Piscataway, N.J. 6:00 p.m. ET

03/08/15 vs. Stony Brook Piscataway, N.J. 2:00 p.m. ET

03/14/15 at University of Delaware Newark, Del. 12:00 p.m. ET

03/17/15 vs. Princeton Piscataway, N.J. 6:00 p.m. ET

03/20/15 vs. NJIT Piscataway, N.J. 6:00 p.m. ET

03/28/15 at Johns Hopkins * Baltimore, Md. 2:00 p.m. ET

04/05/15 at Michigan * Ann Arbor, Mich. 12:00 p.m. ET

04/12/15 vs. Maryland * Piscataway, N.J. TBA

04/19/15 at Penn State * State College, Pa. TBA

vs. Ohio State * Piscataway

Pretty good HOME sked if you ask me.

Definitely challenging. Great to see it continuing to get better from the last coach dumbing it down beyond belief.

One of the best schedules in years. The B1G annually will be fun to watch and getting more of the high profile teams coming to Piscataway is nice. Playing the games at High Point were great last year from a fan perspective and I can see the attendance growing every year. I brought my kids to every home game and if we didn't lay an egg in the 1st half of the Nova game the place would have been electric. It was a nice crowd and the tailgating atmosphere is only getting better.

The RU v UMD game will be on BTN as will the RU v TTFP. I think RU v HOP is on ESPNU. good schedule, if they get there defense healthy and figured out they could win double digits.

Schedule is great but the NCAA needs to make some adjustments as far as the regular season dsted. Playing in February is pure bull. Too many opportunitex for injuries especially pulls and hamstring types. The main reason for the early start is yo close out the season and playoff at Memorial Day weekend. Is it really worth it or are there some realistic solutions such as more weeks with a Tue/Wed and Saturday set up or perhaps a fall and spring set up like they do on college baseball. Perhaps there could be a short 5 game fall schedule of non conference play and then the featured spring schedule of conference and other key and traditional games that would start around March 1 and still play 10-12 games.

I don't get the need to have the season culminate on memorial day, but I don't see that changing any time soon.

I disagree about the injury thing though. Teams are practicing in Feb., games or not. More often than not, those practices are tougher than games.

Originally posted by Caliknight:

I don't get the need to have the season culminate on memorial day, but I don't see that changing any time soon.

I disagree about the injury thing though. Teams are practicing in Feb., games or not. More often than not, those practices are tougher than games.
I'm not sure about the injuries, but I know it's just too damned cold. My grandson will be playing in Ohio. Brutal.

Many D1 teams practice indoors, at least ones in areas where there is harsh conditions. They would be practicing in Feb. no matter what.

Many D1 teams practice indoors, at least ones in areas where there is harsh conditions. They would be practicing in Feb. no matter what.
Yeah, & it's too damned cold.

That's lacrosse. Coaches aren't going to not practice because it's cold.

These kids are used to the cold. My 5th grader went to Maryland last Sunday to play in a tourney and temperature gauge said 42. It felt like it was in the 20s.

That's lacrosse. Coaches aren't going to not practice because it's cold.
RU62's point, I believe, is when the season begins. Droping it back & having a limited fall season, warents consideration IMO. It would result in less exposure to poor conditions. I don't believe the spring sports season began this early when I began college in 1960. Back then we were still taking finals in the first week of June. Nowdays the school year is much shorter, with longer breaks. Everything is more condensed. In other words, less for more $$.

This post was edited on 11/20 2:12 PM by rudad02

This post was edited on 11/20 2:12 PM by rudad02

Monmouth, Wagner, Richmond... NJIT?? GREAT getting UVA on the sched. but I think your comment (as it pertains to the ooc) is overstated. Losing Cuse on the schedule hurts.

This schedule is a massive upgrade at every level, as compared to the last coach put together.

Originally posted by kaji_siva:
Monmouth, Wagner, Richmond... NJIT?? GREAT getting UVA on the sched. but I think your comment (as it pertains to the ooc) is overstated. Losing Cuse on the schedule hurts.
I thought Richmond was solid?

Originally posted by cyrock3:

Originally posted by kaji_siva:
I thought Richmond was solid?
Richmond started Div-1 men's lacrosse in 2014.

This post was edited on 11/20 7:10 PM by Mr_Twister

This BIG Lax preview just showed up in my Twitter feed (link below)

Dark Horse
Rutgers[/B]
The dark horses boil down to either Rutgers or Michigan, given the relative national success of Johns Hopkins, Maryland, Ohio State and Penn State in recent seasons. Michigan continues to make strides, but Rutgers could be considered just a step ahead at this point, having gone 8-8 last season to the Wolverines' 5-11 mark a year ago. The Scarlet Knights bring back a solid core, including faceoff man Joseph Nardella, who finished with the fifth highest win percentage in the country last season (63.2). He's a captain along with senior midfielder Brian Goss, who is the first three-time captain for coach Brian Brecht, and junior attackman Scott Bieda and senior defenseman Nick Capparelli, a former Nassau Community College transfer.

Click

Originally posted by RU62:
Schedule is great but the NCAA needs to make some adjustments as far as the regular season dsted. Playing in February is pure bull. Too many opportunitex for injuries especially pulls and hamstring types. The main reason for the early start is yo close out the season and playoff at Memorial Day weekend. Is it really worth it or are there some realistic solutions such as more weeks with a Tue/Wed and Saturday set up or perhaps a fall and spring set up like they do on college baseball. Perhaps there could be a short 5 game fall schedule of non conference play and then the featured spring schedule of conference and other key and traditional games that would start around March 1 and still play 10-12 games.
Does Rutgers play any games indoors? I know most of Penn State early games they play inside.

Originally posted by PSU_Nut:

Does Rutgers play any games indoors? I know most of Penn State early games they play inside.
I was going to ask you the same thing.

How is it for seating?

Originally posted by e5fdny:

I was going to ask you the same thing.

How is it for seating?
Not much. They set up a few portable bleachers but most people bring folding chairs and line the field youth soccer style.

Through the years there have been some games inside at RU, but those were due to severe weather. I believe it had to be an agreement with the opposing coach, and some waiver from the NCAA due to seating rules.

Caliknight - you seem pretty plugged into the lacrosse community. Where in CA are you? I am a Rutgers transplant in San Diego with a youth lacrosse player. Did you see that Maryland vs North Carolina is coming out to Santa Ana in March?

I did see that. They aren't the first teams to come out and play, which is pretty cool What club is your little guy in? I played club lacrosse with the guys who started Adrenaline, which seems to be really popular there. I am in L.A.

Doing an adrenaline clinic now to get ready for rec season which starts next week. For club, he has been playing for maddog, which is run by a New Jersey guy who played for Hopkins. Adrenaline is big down here, so we end up playing in a lot of their tournaments.

That's great. Lax is really growing out here. Every year we are seeing more and more players going to big time schools from out here. Between the weather and the athletes, it was only a matter of time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT