ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Lax - Transfer portal - Chris Grey BU 1st team AA attcck

mdk01

Hall of Famer
Aug 18, 2011
Per IL he has entered the transfer portal and based his decision on academics. No word on where he's going but it sounds Ivy. Also UVA goalie Pat Burkinshaw, a starter for 11 games, has announced he's transferring to Penn, who's starter graduated.

Wonder if RU can be a destination for a FOGO.

I have heard that they are working on it
we need a goalie also dont we or is there high confidence in a backup?
the goalie they are being in this fall looks very good, but we did graduate both Max and Jack Ayre and I am hearing we may have another goalie transfer which would leave us with only two goalies in the current roster so yes we would need to find a goalie in the transfer portal as well as a Fogo and maybe a pole. Speculation is that Grey will wind up at Yale.

Update:

Grey headed to UNC. Well, if you go to class I guess it could be academics.

Also. Chase Scanlon, 2nd team AA attackman for Loyola as a freshman has entered the transfer portal.

The degree of transfers seems to have entered a whole new level. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few years.

Reactions: Caliknight
Scanlon gave RU a hard look out of high school.

Some things have definitely been happening on the recruiting front.

What kind of things?
Good things?
They have added a JUCO pole and a 2020 pole and they have had some good news about one of our own who has decided not to transfer. It appears like we did lose a Fogo to Adelphi. They are actively looking for pieces that would improve the team but there are not that many real areas of need a couple of poles a goalie ( they really like the one coming in this year) a Fogo and maybe a Middie that can break down a defense.

They have added a JUCO pole and a 2020 pole and they have had some good news about one of our own who has decided not to transfer. It appears like we did lose a Fogo to Adelphi. They are actively looking for pieces that would improve the team but there are not that many real areas of need a couple of poles a goalie ( they really like the one coming in this year) a Fogo and maybe a Middie that can break down a defense.

Nassau CC?

Thanks

Isn’t it all about the FOGO for this team, and the need for 1 or more?

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
They may have to wait for the fall before the Fogo situation shakes out completely

Scanlon to Syracuse, where he will wear #22. Something in the IL article that suggests he may qualify for a scholarship program the university has established for Native American students. I wonder how that ties in with NCAA athletic scholarship limits.

Lost a FOGO to Adelphi? Yikes. At least the rest of the news seems positive!

Losing a guy to xfer down a level tonplay that never played for us save two or three face offs?

No, it doesn’t.

Reactions: Golfer2019
Well...sucks regardless, right?

Not having any inside information, I'm guessing:

A. This is not Ott
B. This is not the FOGO who missed last year due to injury.

That means we are talking about a 3rd stringer even before the incoming freshman are considered. .

Sounds like he transferred for playing time he was not going to get at Rutgers.

Not having any inside information, I'm guessing:

A. This is not Ott
B. This is not the FOGO who missed last year due to injury.

That means we are talking about a 3rd stringer even before the incoming freshman are considered. .

Sounds like he transferred for playing time he was not going to get at Rutgers.
Right this is not Ott, he had been passed by several kids and was the 5th or 6th option and could not win faceoffs when they needed him too.
I am pretty up on their roster and I do not know who the Fogo is who missed the entire year with an injury.

This is why I have said that the Fogo is a critical spot for us we lost two to graduation last year and Ott will not be ready until the spring and I can not find a Fogo on their commutes list for next year (2019). I know that they are actively looking at the transfer portal for help their.
On the goalie front we received some great news as one of our better returning goalies has decided to stay and play which gives us much better options. I thought he was playing as well as Max last fall and early I. The spring before his season got derailed.

Reactions: Golfer2019
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT