ADVERTISEMENT

Miami loses at Ga Tech and other games

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
I would call this one a real bad loss on the road to a very mediocre Ga Tech 76-70

already mentioned on the board is Nc State knocking off Duke who hopes to just stay in the top 25 at this point.

Oklahoma drops another home Big 12 game to Iowa State and now down to 9-5 with trips to Tex Tech and Kansas coming the season could be over before it begins for them

Georgia who is much improved knocked off an overrated Auburn

Providence 9 minutes away from knocking off UConn as they lead by 10

Arkansas up 10 with about 5 left over Missouri in a clash of ranked SEC schools

Baylor up 7 on TCU early in the 2nd half in a battle of ranked Big 12 schools

Michigan took down Penn State in a tough battle.

Wake with a small lead on the road in UNC in the 2nd

Illinois up 3 over Northwestern early in the 2nd

Temple goes to 9-7 by winning at USF 68-64

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersRaRa
somehow they have wins over UCLA and Texas so that puts them in play right off the bat but already in a bit of a hole at 0-3 in league play with Wisconsin coming to Champaign on Saturday.

Hopefully Pike is taking note that Northwestern struggles against the press. Illinois should have pressed sooner, but maybe foul trouble prevented it. They are getting a tough whistle in Evanston.

They don’t play like a team at all. Their defense is not that good either. They really need to gel before they become better.

Reactions: Scangg
I can’t believe how bad Illinois looks for a team with a fair amount of talent and a good coach. No connectivity at all.
This game is tough to watch. Feels like two mid-majors

And in other news, Patrick Ewing and a once proud Georgetown team set a new Big East record with 25 consecutive conference losses. Wow. He is there Eddie Jordan, except they are letting him stick around a lot longer to run the program deep into the ground!

Northwestern v Illini game took forever to end with all the fouls. Neither team looked very good

I can’t believe how bad Illinois looks for a team with a fair amount of talent and a good coach. No connectivity at all.
Yeaaaa if they do get it together they might be tough to play at some point but they really don't have any connectivity as you said

PSU plays a lotttt of 1 on 1 bball. Caleb and Mag can shut down their scorers

What the hell was Northwestern wearing for uniforms? Aren't their colors purple and white? Yet they had white uniforms with letters/numbers/etc. in light blue and red.

What the hell was Northwestern wearing for uniforms? Aren't their colors purple and white? Yet they had white uniforms with letters/numbers/etc. in light blue and red.
Looked like old NJ nets aba uniforms

There feels like a lot of parity this year…

Sensing that there will be at least one team as a one seed with 6-7 losses , at least one two seed wirb 8 losses …and I bet someone with 10 losses sneaks on the four line

Sensing that there will be at least one team as a one seed with 6-7 losses , at least one two seed wirb 8 losses …and I bet someone with 10 losses sneaks on the four line
That's pretty build predictions. Depends on how much the committee over seeds based on history.

Those are part of their trying to brand themselves as Chicago’s team - the Chicago flag/city colors:

640px-Flag_of_Chicago%2C_Illinois.svg.png

I don’t think that’s…uncommon? Good conferences (like the B1G and Big 12 lately) can often have a 6-loss one seed, 8 loss 2 seed, etc. Happens every year it seems.

Last year the Big 12 had two 6-loss one seeds (Kanas and Baylor). The year before that the B1G had a 6-loss one seed (Purdue) and a 9-loss 2 seed (OSU). The year before that was Covid and before that UNC was a 6-loss one seed.

bart projects us as a 3 seed (currently has us a 10 seed) and our projected regular season record is 22-9

kansas as a 1 seed with a 24-7 record. A loss in B12 final means 8 losses

I don’t think that’s…uncommon? Good conferences (like the B1G and Big 12 lately) can often have a 6-loss one seed, 8 loss 2 seed, etc. Happens every year it seems.

Last year the Big 12 had two 6-loss one seeds (Kanas and Baylor). The year before that the B1G had a 6-loss one seed (Purdue) and a 9-loss 2 seed (OSU). The year before that was Covid and before that UNC was a 6-loss one seed.
Color me surprised...

UCONN gets blown out again. Will they stay in the top 10? Probably drop to 8. We should be within 10 spots of them in the NET for those who said we weren’t “in the same stratosphere” as them
Where are all the St. Hurley fans? 🦗

somehow they have wins over UCLA and Texas so that puts them in play right off the bat but already in a bit of a hole at 0-3 in league play with Wisconsin coming to Champaign on Saturday.
A lot of parity for sure. As my old high school coach once said: Don't ever pay too much attention
to Nov-Dec basketball --- the real season starts after the New Year

The bubble is looking very strong and wide open this year. Conference games are not always zero sum. Xavier and Providence beating UConn is good for that league's chances to get more bids.

Purdue, UConn, Arkansas, Kentucky, Duke, Virginia, North Carolina, Texas, and Baylor have all taken at least one loss in the past week. None of those schools are in danger of missing the field at the moment. So if you root for a projected bubble team that HASN'T gotten one of those wins -- looking at teams like Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech -- you are feeling even worse than usual. And if you're on the very outer fringes -- Iowa, Oregon, Villanova -- the parity is bad bad news.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT