ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State

I wonder if Pikiell is holding off for an assurance that Rutgers will get a road game at MSG in a future year before agreeing to it this year. And then possibly it's on the Big Ten negotiating with MSG.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Others will disagree, but I like the tradeoff of having one less true road game (the year we played Michigan at MSG was a Michigan home game) for one less true home game (this season when we give up a RAC game for MSG).

100% agree with this.
An annual game at MSG is good for the Rutgers brand.
and it’s a competitive advantage if we are playing top teams like Wisc, Mich, MSU and their “home” game is a crowd of 50-70% RU fans.

I just posted in another thread, both the knicks and nets have home night games on 2/4. So that leaves the ROCK but I guess they have to wait until the SHU schedule comes out.
I do agree that this should be played at the RAC. Let other teams come to NYC to play a showcase game. Once a year game will not hurt RU one bit.

I’m a fan of the trade off as mentioned above. However if we’re not playing at MSG what’s the point?

Does the B1G want us to occasionally play one of our home/away games “not at the RAC”?
Or do they want us to occasionally play one of our home/away games at The Garden?

Im guessing the intent was the latter…no?

I’m a fan of the trade off as mentioned above. However if we’re not playing at MSG what’s the point?

Does the B1G want us to occasionally play one of our home/away games “not at the RAC”?
Or do they want us to occasionally play one of our home/away games at The Garden?

Im guessing the intent was the latter…no?
Exactly. Every year at MSG = yes x1000! Otherwise I don’t understand a venue outside of msg that comes close to meeting the original intention of “big ten super Saturday” in NYC.

Others will disagree, but I like the tradeoff of having one less true road game (the year we played Michigan at MSG was a Michigan home game) for one less true home game (this season when we give up a RAC game for MSG).
Completely agree. No brainer to take two largely home games at MSG over 2 seasons vs. an actual road game and one at the RAC.

I have no problem playing this game at MSG as long as we are assured that we play a quality B1G team there again next year, and that team sacrifices a home game
Am hoping that any delay is working on that provision, and not the idea of playing any game in Newark

I just posted in another thread, both the knicks and nets have home night games on 2/4. So that leaves the ROCK but I guess they have to wait until the SHU schedule comes out.
I do agree that this should be played at the RAC. Let other teams come to NYC to play a showcase game. Once a year game will not hurt RU one bit.
That’s interesting. Knicks game is at 7, not sure if they’d be able to turn it around in time if we have a noon game maybe? Seems like a stretch though. I know going from ice to basketball takes about 2 hours, so if they’re able to break down the court quickly they could conceivably make it work.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
That’s interesting. Knicks game is at 7, not sure if they’d be able to turn it around in time if we have a noon game maybe? Seems like a stretch though. I know going from ice to basketball takes about 2 hours, so if they’re able to break down the court quickly they could conceivably make it work.
The Knicks play hockey now?

The Knicks play hockey now?
The Rangers do in the same arena, so it’s reasonable to assume set up from basketball to basketball would take around the same time as Rangers to Knicks, maybe a little less since the ice would already be covered.

I believe last time we played at MSG the game was at 12:00 noon and they turned it around for evening hockey.

Given our success at the RAC and our sometimes thin margin of error for making the NCAA tournament, playing at the RAC makes more sense to me, especially for a conference game that could affect our Big Ten tournament seeding as well. I would reserve MSG games for high profile out of conference opponents who do not want to play a home-and-home arrangement with us.

Given our success at the RAC and our sometimes thin margin of error for making the NCAA tournament, playing at the RAC makes more sense to me, especially for a conference game that could affect our Big Ten tournament seeding as well. I would reserve MSG games for high profile out of conference opponents who do not want to play a home-and-home arrangement with us.
Unfortunately this isn't a RU decision but a B10 decision

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT