ADVERTISEMENT

minimum number of games needed to go to the tournament?

ecojew

All American
Feb 1, 2006
Does anyone know for sure if the NCAA or the B1G has passed a rule concerning the minimum number of games needed to qualify for the tournament(s)? I thought I had read somewhere - most likely here - that 13 is the magic number. If that is the case, then RU just reached that number today. But if not, I'm wondering how many more RU needs to play to qualify.

Thanks.

It is 13 games. Also, the requirement for .500 finish is no longer the case. Additionally, since the Ivy League did not play, there will be 1 less automatic bid and 1 more at-large bid.

And the RPI has been replaced by the NET.

All this from an NCAA article announcing the selection show on March 15th.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Thanks. That takes some of the pressure off, should any more games be "postponed" for whatever reason.

I think the questions now become how many postponed games are squeezed into the remaining regular season schedule and whether the B1G will cancel the conference tournament and schedule a number of the postponed games during that week.

I believe that conferences have to inform the NCAA by the end of this month about how their conference champions will be determined to get the automatic bid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT