ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota AD Mark Coyle Conspiracy

FIJI'83

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2008
Minnesota AD Mark Coyle was the Big Ten representative for the Selection Committee and it is his job to make the case for Big Ten teams on the bubble to make the tournament. Seems very interesting to me that the Pac-12 got their bubble team in (ASU) and the ACC got 2/3 of their bubble teams in (Pitt/NC State) but Rutgers couldn't get in as the one bubble team from the Big Ten with a legitimate chance.

Coyle could have mentioned that the Minnesota loss vs his team came when Minnesota finally had a healthy roster at the end of the year and they played better down stretch. I'm also sure Coyle was aware of the Ohio State fiasco and could have brought that up in our favor.

BUT, Rutgers was the university that stole Football coordinators from Minnesota 2 years in a row. Rutgers was also the university that wouldn't move their game against Minnesota to accommodate both Minnesota and Michigan State which ended up costing Minnesota a chance to make revenue from a additional home game and lost them a game overall when they were playing better at the end of the season. Some people may think all this is ridiculous but when you have to rely on someone to make a case for your team and you have screwed over that person don't expect them to stick their neck out for you

Minnesota AD Mark Coyle was the Big Ten representative for the Selection Committee and it is his job to make the case for Big Ten teams on the bubble to make the tournament. Seems very interesting to me that the Pac-12 got their bubble team in (ASU) and the ACC got 2/3 of their bubble teams in (Pitt/NC State) but Rutgers couldn't get in as the one bubble team from the Big Ten with a legitimate chance.

Coyle could have mentioned that the Minnesota loss vs his team came when Minnesota finally had a healthy roster at the end of the year and they played better down stretch. I'm also sure Coyle was aware of the Ohio State fiasco and could have brought that up in our favor.

BUT, Rutgers was the university that stole Football coordinators from Minnesota 2 years in a row. Rutgers was also the university that wouldn't move their game against Minnesota to accommodate both Minnesota and Michigan State which ended up costing Minnesota a chance to make revenue from a additional home game and lost them a game overall when they were playing better at the end of the season. Some people may think all this is ridiculous but when you have to rely on someone to make a case for your team and you have screwed over that person don't expect them to stick their neck out for you
Stop the with the theory that the committee was out to deny Rutgers a spot. We played like crap for 5 weeks. That lack of depth is coming to an end and will not be an issue in the next several years. Play in the NIT and win . That’s all I ‘ll add.

if this were the current events board; njfake woulda started this thread

Honestly not that crazy but probably wouldn’t have mattered if he defended us or not. Committe had mind made up already.

It has nothing to do with Rutgers stealing the Minnesota coordinators. It does have something to do with the B1G and who the conference sends to represent it at these meetings not sticking up for their members. Rutgers has now been left out of the NCAA baseball, lacrosse and basketball tournament with a resume strong enough to be included. If the conference does not stand up and fight for their members why would the committee include us?

he isnt in the room

its more like an anti big ten bias due to conference poaching that has changed the landscape the last decade

I love a good conspiracy theory.
So many of them have come true in the last 10 years or so.

Close, but the true story is that Mark Coyle failed to make the meeting because of alien abduction.

Reactions: cicero grimes
he isnt in the room

its more like an anti big ten bias due to conference poaching that has changed the landscape the last decade
Poaching as in NCAA bids or teams altogether? I could definitely see an anti-bias considering how the conference record in the tourney last couple of years has been horrid.

For posting a valid thought?
I wasn't even saying this like I thought it was a fact it was just a crazy conspiracy I thought of after listening to a podcast with Brad Wachtel where he talked about how UNC AD Bubba Cunningham (Who is the ACC Representative) is notorious for pushing for as many ACC teams to be in the field as possible every year.

Reactions: bac2therac

Wayyy too much man hahah come on. Listen, the process is arbitrary and changes every year, and unlike the Champions League, there is no metric value for road wins over home wins cause clearly NC state with one quad 1 win wouldn’t be in haha. It’s all committee to committee. Who knows if he was an advocate for us or not, doesn’t matter. The metrics should outweigh any argument.

I wasn't even saying this like I thought it was a fact it was just a crazy conspiracy I thought of after listening to a podcast with Brad Wachtel where he talked about how UNC AD Bubba Cunningham (Who is the ACC Representative) is notorious for pushing for as many ACC teams to be in the field as possible every year.
As he should as their league rep. Hoping ours did the same and the OP was wrong. If not, we have issues to be settled.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

he isnt in the room

Yep. ACC and PAC got their schools in and B1G didn’t. Ask yourself, which of these 3 conferences ended The Alliance by completely stabbing one of the others in the back, burning down their house on the way out of robbing it

Poaching as in NCAA bids or teams altogether? I could definitely see an anti-bias considering how the conference record in the tourney last couple of years has been horrid.
poaching schools to the league and killing the college landscape that everyone knew

Sometimes (most of the time) it’s just incompetent people in a position of power making decisions

ADVERTISEMENT