ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri Lost Today. To Middle Tennessee State.

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
And it was homecoming.

Moral of the story: Shit happens. We will right the ship even though we might be buried on ancient Indian burial grounds. Or on the Brady Bunch's Hawaiian vacation dangly-gnome-thingy.

And it was homecoming.

Moral of the story: Shit happens. We will right the ship even though we might be buried on ancient Indian burial grounds. Or on the Brady Bunch's Hawaiian vacation dangly-gnome-thingy.
Every week there is a similar thread started with a different team losing to a lesser foe to make people feel better. The only constant is that we also lost. I am not sure how this is supposed to make anyone feel better.

Reactions: RUSK97
Every week there is a similar thread started with a different team losing to a lesser foe to make people feel better. The only constant is that we also lost. I am not sure how this is supposed to make anyone feel better.
Not necessarily to make us feel better, but to put things into some kind of perspective about transition. We'll get good eventually, and when we do we have to maintain our edge to not fall back into an abyss. We are in a good recruiting area so that will help a lot when we do get good, and money will follow. But when I see teams that are or have been good, but who suck (e.g. Texas, ND), it puts the game into perspective.

I don't know what bearing the Mizzou loss has on anything. I don't think anyone considers losing to Minnesota by 2 points embarrassing. It's the loss to Michigan that's embarrassing. No P5 school should ever lose to another P5 school by that differential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT