141-Moore
149-Butler
157-Clark
165-White
174-Turley
184-Soldano
197-Poz
285-Slavikouski
Don’t love White at 165, seems like a big jump for a guy who didn’t even look strong at 149. Is there a chance Clark redshirts?

Great pickup and excited for next year’s lineup.

Peterson - mid level All American (4 - 6)
Shawver - low level All American (7-8)
Moore - low level All American (7-8)
Butler - NQ
Clark - NQ
White - doesn’t qualify
Turley - round of 12
Soldano - low level All American (7-8)
Poz - round of 12
Slavikouski - low level All American (7-8)

With bonus points at NCAAs we have the potential for our best team finish ever and 5 All Americans. Only concern is that we have a habit of under performing preseason expectations.

Goodale gets credit for a great job with the portal. Could there be another transfer to wrestle 157 or 165, There is still talent in the portal

Butler - NQ
Clark - NQ
White - doesn’t qualify
Turley - round of 12
Poz - round of 12

With bonus points at NCAAs we have the potential for our best team finish ever and 5 All Americans. Only concern is that we have a habit of under performing preseason expectations.

Goodale gets credit for a great job with the portal. Could there be another transfer to wrestle 157 or 165, There is still talent in the portal
Ideally we find one more portal pickup for 157/165. Wonder if Oklahoma has one.

Great seeing the staff address the needs after their first sub par performance at the NCAA in awhile.
Shows the staff listens and understands they need to upgrade.

DOes Oklahoma have a 157 pounder we can steal :)
157 at OK use to be Justin Thomas. Not sure who took over that weight class at OK last year.

Butler - NQ
Clark - NQ
White - doesn’t qualify
Turley - round of 12
Poz - round of 12

We go through this same excitement every preseason.. this is more a best case scenario something always happens where this perfect scenario doesn’t happen.. but maybe.. one time?

We go through this same excitement every preseason.. this is more a best case scenario something always happens where this perfect scenario doesn’t happen.. but maybe.. one time?
We brought on two guys who were formerly blood round.

Got a guy in Butler who had a big upset over pantaleo recently and has had some nice wins/upsets for OU in the last.

Add two quality guys back to the lineup in shawver and poz... Turley had a great big ten tourney. Let's see that guy w a full off-season and healthy! I think it's fair to be excited.

Are their questions with this lineup? Sure, absolutely like many other teams out there not named Iowa, Penn state. But this seems like a stronger squad than last year and way more home matches to go see em scrap. Maybe this is the one time finally!

Only concern is that we have a habit of under performing preseason expectations.
Do you think? If we don't experience the WTF part of the cycle when the going gets tough, maybe there's a chance.

Peterson should be solid, but will he be improved?
We don't know how Shawver will do at 133.
Moore should be very solid or better if he doesn't get injured.
Aside from his freestyle upset, Butler did not have an impressive record at Okie.
Will Clark show improvement? Yey to be seen.
White going 165 may result in another weak spot here.
Turley - it's up to him and his readiness at the beginning of the season.
I hope to see a bigger and stronger Soldano
Big question with Poz at 197. In year four, has he developed?
Yaro-Slav should be solid.

I have guarded optimism. Seen this play out too many times before to get excited. There are four to six question marks.

Do you think? If we don't experience the WTF part of the cycle when the going gets tough, maybe there's a chance.

Peterson should be solid, but will he be improved?
We don't know how Shawver will do at 133.
Moore should be very solid or better if he doesn't get injured.
Aside from his freestyle upset, Butler did not have an impressive record at Okie.
Will Clark show improvement? Yey to be seen.
White going 165 may result in another weak spot here.
Turley - it's up to him and his readiness at the beginning of the season.
I hope to see a bigger and stronger Soldano
Big question with Poz at 197. In year four, has he developed?
Yaro-Slav should be solid.

I have guarded optimism. Seen this play out too many times before to get excited. There are four to six question marks.
Pessimistically, you are right more often than I am. .I tend to get really excited in the preseason only to see then team fail to meet expectations. I want to be remain optimistic and hope the transfers plus returning kids perform to expectations. If all our guys reach their potential we are a top 10 ten. I realize that I may be thinking more with my heart than my head.

I know we should look at past results. It is clear that Goodale is a great salesman. However, many of our recruits haven't reached their potential. When considering history, it seems we are losing many top NJ kids to other schools. Do the Jersey kids think they can better reach their potential somewhere else?

I am ok and actually like reaching out of state to get kids ranked in the top 2 or 3 in their weight class who don't have a history of off the mat issues.

Looking forward to next season and a highly ranked team. Anything less than top 15, will indicate that a coaching change will help us become a top 10 team. Otherwise, I need to be satisfied with Goodale being a great promoter who wrestlers and fans love and an exciting environment at Jersey Mike's Arena.

Still believe and optimistic we can have 5 All Americans next year.

Butler - NQ
Clark - NQ
White - doesn’t qualify
Turley - round of 12
Poz - round of 12

Why do some Jersey wrestlers leave for out of state? Maybe the same reasons many every day Jersey high school students leave to go to college out of state!! To get away from home.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Why do some Jersey wrestlers leave for out of state? Maybe the same reasons many every day Jersey high school students leave to go to college out of state!! To get away from home.

That wasn’t the case when Goodale got Correnti, Mulligan, Aragona, Glasgow, and Alvarez plus some quality kids who didn’t reach their potential like Kinniard, Robinson, and Grello.

Yes some kids will always go out of state. You just can’t deny that securing Jersey kids has fallen off.

Per Flowrestling we did not get any of the top 10 Jersey kids in the class of 2023. We have Nini who is ranked # 6 in Jersey for the class of 2024. Hopefully, we get Cerchio who is the top ranked Jersey kid. The Flo rankings exclude the Blair kids many of whom are ranked higher the the Jersey high school kids.

I want this team to succeed. But, like Pessimistically, I won’t invite the facts.

Pessimistically, you are right more often than I am. .I tend to get really excited in the preseason only to see then team fail to meet expectations. I want to be remain optimistic and hope the transfers plus returning kids perform to expectations. If all our guys reach their potential we are a top 10 ten. I realize that I may be thinking more with my heart than my head.

I know we should look at past results. It is clear that Goodale is a great salesman. However, many of our recruits haven't reached their potential. When considering history, it seems we are losing many top NJ kids to other schools. Do the Jersey kids think they can better reach their potential somewhere else?

I am ok and actually like reaching out of state to get kids ranked in the top 2 or 3 in their weight class who don't have a history of off the mat issues.

Looking forward to next season and a highly ranked team. Anything less than top 15, will indicate that a coaching change will help us become a top 10 team. Otherwise, I need to be satisfied with Goodale being a great promoter who wrestlers and fans love and an exciting environment at Jersey Mike's Arena.

Still believe and optimistic we can have 5 All Americans next year.

Butler - NQ
Clark - NQ
White - doesn’t qualify
Turley - round of 12
Poz - round of 12
I too like the potential of the line-up. However, my expectations are always muddied by history. Should we see guys like Poz and Turley improved over their first year, I'll start being encouraged. Will Peterson and Sodano show improvement? I'd like to think so. Year-over-year performance improvement is the measure I look for to show development from coaching.

That wasn’t the case when Goodale got Correnti, Mulligan, Aragona, Glasgow, and Alvarez plus some quality kids who didn’t reach their potential like Kinniard, Robinson, and Grello.

Yes some kids will always go out of state. You just can’t deny that securing Jersey kids has fallen off.

Per Flowrestling we did not get any of the top 10 Jersey kids in the class of 2023. We have Nini who is ranked # 6 in Jersey for the class of 2024. Hopefully, we get Cerchio who is the top ranked Jersey kid. The Flo rankings exclude the Blair kids many of whom are ranked higher the the Jersey high school kids.

I want this team to succeed. But, like Pessimistically, I won’t invite the facts.
I left the state shortly after retiring from my career. I understand kids wanting to get away from home and experience other areas of the country. When the kids are serious wrestlers, I tend to believe they look for a program that will help them meet their goals. This is much like any kid who knows what he wants to do in life and which schools will best position him for success.

It’s better to speak the facts, truth be told we had our fair share of elite NJ recruits and for some reason or another many of them haven’t worked out..maybe it’s bc we all underestimate how tough d1 is or this is just standard conversion rate of misses among all programs. This is why I’m always skeptical how good a hs prospect is until we see them against legit d1 competition.

Excluding Blair kids we’ve gotten the top ranked NJ HS school senior pretty much each of the last 4 years, and that doesn’t even include 3x state champ Joey Olivieri.

2022 - Soldano
2021 - Peterson
2020 - Poz
2019 - Aragona

Recruiting and development can always be improved but one weak class and everyone forgets recent history.

Does this get us anywhere near PSU or Iowa in competitiveness? I’m just curious because I’m basically clueless about wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT