ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell Baker From Australia Coming to Rutgers

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
He’s regarded as Australia’s best offensive player and he is playing on their u21 team in the championships.

He’s a great athlete playing attack. He plays up top too so I could see him at either attack or midfield.

He’s coming as a grad transfer as he just graduated from college there. He will have more eligibility so I’ll be curious how that is used.

There will be a pretty big learning curve but he’s got real skills. I’d expect he’s going to see time somewhere.

Reactions: bigmatt718
He’s regarded as Australia’s best offensive player and he is playing on their u21 team in the championships.

He’s a great athlete playing attack. He plays up top too so I could see him at either attack or midfield.

He’s coming as a grad transfer as he just graduated from college there. He will have more eligibility so I’ll be curious how that is used.

There will be a pretty big learning curve but he’s got real skills. I’d expect he’s going to see time somewhere.
Interesting. Any word on which teams we are playing/scrimmaging in the fall?

I would be surprised if we played anyone in the fall. One thing the staff learned from Covid is its really great for the development of younger guys to scrimmage intra-squad instead.

We were doing it every week and the scrimmage I saw was very, very spirited. As spirited as a scrimmage would be against another team.

You miss the looks you get from another team as we are playing the same systems on all sides but fall ball is usually just roll and and play anyway. Steel sharpens steel.

I would be surprised if we played anyone in the fall. One thing the staff learned from Covid is its really great for the development of younger guys to scrimmage intra-squad instead.

We were doing it every week and the scrimmage I saw was very, very spirited. As spirited as a scrimmage would be against another team.

You miss the looks you get from another team as we are playing the same systems on all sides but fall ball is usually just roll and and play anyway. Steel sharpens steel.
Can't argue with the coaches on that strategy considering we've appeared in the Elite 8 and Final Four in consecutive years.

The only downside is you probably increasing odds of injury a little bit. I'd like to see Knobloch and Scott used very sparingly in the fall. They are both playing a lot of lacrosse this summer and Knobloch probably isn't even 100% right now. Let him heal up and rest. They are both going to have huge seasons with good health.

The only downside is you probably increasing odds of injury a little bit. I'd like to see Knobloch and Scott used very sparingly in the fall. They are both playing a lot of lacrosse this summer and Knobloch probably isn't even 100% right now. Let him heal up and rest. They are both going to have huge seasons with good health.

Makes sense as they have nothing to prove and winter preseason to ramp up.

Fall is no picnic on the banks….if you can dress, you will be practicing.

Really rooting for David to be ready. There is being cleared for playing…and then there is actually being ready…two very different things. Major recoveries are very hard physically and mentally. AC deserves major props for battling through his injuries. We lived it for 12+ months and it’s still recovery mode even after my son playing a full season at Loyola. He said it was the hardest thing he’s ever had to battle through.

Sprock is a great player. I hope his recovery is ahead of schedule but he will have to grind through some really tough days. Fingers crossed

Cali can you tell us how this kid and RU became a match given where he plays?

Cali can you tell us how this kid and RU became a match given where he plays?
Lacrosse is a very fraternal sport. I’m sure Baker’s coach or someone he knew has contacts here, and Brian was one.

It was how I was able to go play in Australia. Coach Hayes made a phone on my behalf.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
ADVERTISEMENT