ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell Robinson

Would love to know what problems he had at WKU?

For background - Mitchell committed there originally because his godfather was Assistant Coach Shammond Williams. Shammond has since left the program - leaving his commitment to WKU on shaky ground since.

Everytime I see a name surface, I hope and pray we get him. We keep hearing there is a possibility of 1 more guy coming that can make a difference. Please please please be in play for RU

That never made sense to me..godfather or not. #8 player and best center at WKU?

Situation was he originally committed to Texas A&M when Stansbury was the assistant there after Miss St., before taking the WKU job. Once he took the WKU job he was able to bring him along while hiring Shammond. A lot of other stuff going on, but that's the simple breakdown.

Robinson for 2017 would be a much bigger get than Mathis for 2018 as he is at a position of need and a legit 5 star player.

I'm gonna go and guess the odds of this kid coming to Rutgers are slim to none. Not only would WKU have to let him out of his letter of intent, but there'd also have to be some sort of connection to Rutgers coaching staff. It's a nice thought, but it's so doubtful.

Can't imagine why he wouldn't just go play overseas and declare for the draft next year. Otherwise this year is a total waste for a guy who was a likely one and done.

I believe he took classes at WKU this summer. I would be surprised if he was eligible immediately to any school he might transfer to. I doubt he would ever even give RU a thought.

I believe he took classes at WKU this summer. I would be surprised if he was eligible immediately to any school he might transfer to. I doubt he would ever even give RU a thought.
Yes, he arrived at WKU recently according to someone I spoke with this afternoon. That same person told me that Robinson packed up his stuff and left WKU "in the middle of the night" last night.

If we were Villainova or The Shoe we would hire the godfather.
Not worth it imo. He's connected to one kid, that I'm aware of. A kid who doesn't want to go to school in the first place.

There is a report on the WKU board that Shammond Williams was involved in something that caused Stansbury to let him go. Also, according to the WKU board, Robinson has not asked for his release yet

Word I just got is that he signed with an agent going to do a year abroad don't know where yet

Reactions: jrh51
How is he eligible immediately if he took classes this summer at WKU or if he signed with an agent? Something doesn't add up here to me.

How is he eligible immediately if he took classes this summer at WKU or if he signed with an agent? Something doesn't add up here to me.
He must not have signed with an agent. Looks like I was given poor info on that.

He wasn't on the team roster during the season so technically he was never on the basketball team. He should have no trouble getting a waiver to be eligible right away. Someone should tell him that Rutgers is the Western Kentucky of New Jersey.

This kid is getting terrible advice from the adults around him. Advice so bad that it could cost him millions of dollars
Has he finally crossed over the point of no return? Hired an agent? accepted $$$ ?
He had seemed to be teetering on the edge of eliminating all possibility of ever being a college player & while it appeared like he had not definitively blown-up his eligibility / amateur status, he was certainly making a total hash out of his academic /enrollment / transfer eligibility path.

Terrible advice? - yeah - almost looks like he is getting advice that is focused on totally permanently burning the bridge to college play.
Is it too cynical to think that some people around him are looking at him as simply a unit of revenue production & are bent upon getting the cash machine on-line as soon as possible - need for development be damned.

Has he finally crossed over the point of no return? Hired an agent? accepted $$$ ?
He had seemed to be teetering on the edge of eliminating all possibility of ever being a college player & while it appeared like he had not definitively blown-up his eligibility / amateur status, he was certainly making a total hash out of his academic /enrollment / transfer eligibility path.

Terrible advice? - yeah - almost looks like he is getting advice that is focused on totally permanently burning the bridge to college play.
Is it too cynical to think that some people around him are looking at him as simply a unit of revenue production & are bent upon getting the cash machine on-line as soon as possible - need for development be damned.
Sources in Pensacola tell me his mom is a mess. Whoever the last person is to give advice to her on any day is pretty much the advice she takes.

WKU isn't the first place Robinson has left in the middle of the night...HS in Pensacola being another.

ADVERTISEMENT