ADVERTISEMENT

Mods: can we ban anyone who mentions the Hword

BigBlockR

Senior
Feb 4, 2004
Bottom line is the Hurley family does not care about Rutgers basketball. (Name me one top recruit not named Rosario they have sent to - or recruited to RU). Why do you guys give a s@$? about what they think?

They may be fine people. But over the last 10 years, you fools salivate over these guys every time RU needs a coach. THEY go to the local papers and opine on what RU should do (as if anyone should give arat's ass).

Bob - seems like great man and mentor of young men. No friend of RU. (How many recruits has he sent to RU in the last 40 years?)

Danny - the lesser of two sons

Bobby - has a decent gig @
ASU. Has never shown an ounce of interest in RU

What am I missing?

Bottom line is the Hurley family does not care about Rutgers basketball. (Name me one top recruit not named Rosario they have sent to - or recruited to RU). Why do you guys give a s@$? about what they think?

To answer both your questions:

Myles Mack St. Anthony's. Echenique and Biruta both played for Danny at St. Bens. So Rosario, Mack, Echenique and Biruta played for "Hurleys". Since I answered your question will you answer mine. What HS HC's have sent us more highly rated players than the Hurley's (2 Top 50 players, 1 Top 100 player, 1 top 150 player)?

I care because they are quite possibly the most prolific HS coaching family in the country. The two sons BOTH have big time college jobs and one may be interested here. And that one, in my opinion, may give Rutgers the best chance of ending this ridiculous 25 year drought.

Hope the mods don't ban me per your request.

Last edited:
Top nomination for the sh*thead post of the year, 2016 edition

I am as big as RU hoops fan as anyone, but objectively, what a Rutgers done to exactly show the top caliber players in this area it is serious about winning and the best should come here

If anything, We have had MORE than our share of players from the top that took the leap of faith in the coaches without a track record coming here.

Don't blame the hurleys, the AAU, or anyone else

It is us and we need to fix R house to get these players and earn the long term trust of the high school programs in the metro area.

I trust pat Hobbs to do exactly this

When Danny gets hired at RU, Bobby will send them for sure. Build it and they will
come. Basketball court of dreams, good movie.

To answer both your questions:

Myles Mack St. Anthony's. Echenique and Biruta both played for Danny at St. Bens. So Rosario, Mack, Echenique and Biruta played for "Hurleys". Since I answered your question will you answer mine. What HS HC's have sent us more highly rated players than the Hurley's (2 Top 50 players, 1 Top 100 player, 1 top 150 player)?

I care because they are quite possibly the most prolific HS coaching family in the country. The two sons BOTH have big time college jobs and one may be interested here. And that one, in my opinion, may give Rutgers the best chance of ending this ridiculous 25 year drought.

Hope the mods don't ban me per your request.

End thread.

No idea where the irrational hatred for the Hurleys comes from. The OP has some serious problems.

Reactions: ruman
So even if it is true that the Hurleys "don't care about RU" are you saying that you think he would take the job and not give 100% effort since he's working for a school that he has an alleged bias against? Jeez

No idea where the irrational hatred for the Hurleys comes from. The OP has some serious problems.
Not all that question if Danny would be a good hire are haters, but there does seem to be some out there.
The Hurley love by some is a bit unsettling as well, but he does have qualification that make him deserve some support.

If it ends up being Hurley, let's hope that if he brings Jim Carr(which I assume he would), it turns out better than the last 4 regimes that Carr has been a part of with us. All failures.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Reactions: ScarletLongIsland
We will be lucky if Hurley comes here to try and fix our shitstorm of a program

Guess what..sendek is sitting on his couch doing nothing right now. We can always find an old coach who failed and is doing nothing and wants an easy 1.5 mil for 4 years. Let's get the young guy who is HUNGRY and doesn't want his career to end at age 41. He NEEDS the success as much as we do.

It's not whether we want Hurley it's if Hurley wants us.

Deal with it.

It's not pro Hurley people's fault that he's best option for the school.

We're not an Ivy League school where we get the kids that go to Notre Dame and Duke.

We're not good enough to recruit great players with a really good coach who has no recruiting ability.

"Come to Rutgers you'll get your ass kicked in Big Ten against superior athletes."

You need talent. Willard "sucked" as a coach before he got his 2014 class which was elite, and now they're Big East champions.

You need talent!! Don't use Fred Hill as an excuse for us wanting a coach with recruiting ability. He needs to do both. Be the face of the program.

Steve Donahue was a great HC who took Cornell to Sweet 16 and was terrible at Boston College because being a good coach alone wasn't enough in the ACC.

Rutgers is a shit job.

Someone watch Seton Hall tonight? Tell me what Willard did strategically that's impossible for someone like Hurley to win the game? He was under or around .500 before the season, but he has the horses and they play D.

I'm tired of the elitist "we're in the Big Ten" bullshit that's posted on the boards. Rutgers dirty little secret is it's second revenue-generating sport is closer to D3 than Big Ten. Rutgers basketball is totally irrelevant and a running joke across the country.

But the Jay Williams over Hurley or anyone else for that matter is pure and complete horseshit

Oh the money's coming. We could all be dead by the time a facility is built.

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgHoops and ruman
We will be lucky if Hurley comes here to try and fix our shitstorm of a program

Guess what..sendek is sitting on his couch doing nothing right now. We can always find an old coach who failed and is doing nothing and wants an easy 1.5 mil for 4 years. Let's get the young guy who is HUNGRY and doesn't want his career to end at age 41. He NEEDS the success as much as we do.

lol @ Sendek being "old" and "failing"....unreal

Reactions: SkilletHead2
It's not whether we want Hurley it's if Hurley wants us.

Deal with it.

It's not pro Hurley people's fault that he's best option for the school.

We're not an Ivy League school where we get the kids that go to Notre Dame and Duke.

We're not good enough to recruit great players with a really good coach who has no recruiting ability.

"Come to Rutgers you'll get your ass kicked in Big Ten against superior athletes."

You need talent. Willard "sucked" as a coach before he got his 2014 class which was elite, and now they're Big East champions.

You need talent!! Don't use Fred Hill as an excuse for us wanting a coach with recruiting ability. He needs to do both. Be the face of the program.

Steve Donahue was a great HC who took Cornell to Sweet 16 and was terrible at Boston College because being a good coach alone wasn't enough in the ACC.

Rutgers is a shit job.

Someone watch Seton Hall tonight? Tell me what Willard did strategically that's impossible for someone like Hurley to win the game? He was under or around .500 before the season, but he has the horses and they play D.

I'm tired of the elitist "we're in the Big Ten" bullshit that's posted on the boards. Rutgers dirty little secret is it's second revenue-generating sport is closer to D3 than Big Ten. Rutgers basketball is totally irrelevant and a running joke across the country.

But the Jay Williams over Hurley or anyone else for that matter is pure and complete horseshit

Oh the money's coming. We could all be dead by the time a facility is built.

I can't disagree.

The sad thing is that RU basketball did not have to be a bad job. It is only unattractive because of mismanagement and neglect for over 20 years. RU has the potential to be a good program. We saw some of that under Waters and Bannon. The RAC used to be full at times back then. Now, it is essentially a morgue.

lol @ Sendek being "old" and "failing"....unreal
old as in older than hurley...and many other candidates we could be looking at. failing...maybe a strong word. but the ASU recruiting classes were less impressive from 2012-2015 compared to the type of talent hurley has been able to bring to rhode island...hurley brought two four stars over and he has them producing at extremely high levels.

all im saying is id rather take the 41 year old whose career depends on him having success here...vs the guy sitting on his couch at home whose previous fanbase complained about his recruiting. yes he got harden..by hiring his coach. things went downhill after that.

ADVERTISEMENT