ADVERTISEMENT

Monmouth releases OOC Schedule - 11 games

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Hopefully we hear our OOC schedule soon but here is Monmouth's and I love again that they play up to power conferences / schools - while keeping in mind that Monmouth was supposed to play at Villanova this year and Nova cancelled the game:

11/11 - Home vs Drexel
11/15 - At South Carolina
11/18 - At Syracuse
11/22 - Home vs Cornell
11/25 - At Holy Cross
11/26 - vs SC State at Holy Cross
12/6 - At Wagner
12/10 - Home vs Army
12/13 - At Memphis
12/20 - Home vsPrinceton
12/28 - At North Carolina

Thank goodness 4 Home OOC games this season as last years' schedule only had 1 home OOC game.

Heckuva of a road sked: At South Carolina; At Syracuse; At Memphis and At North Carolina

I say 7-4 which means that they cant afford more than 2 slip ups in league as this year proved, too many losses from the MAAC wont get you into the big dance

Awesome schedule. Can't wait to get to some of those games. Hope they go 11-0.

Monmouth only lost one player.

Who do they lose?

I can see this team thinking they are better than they really are based on what they accomplished last year AND the fact that they have a small target on their back. They are no longer a nobody.

RU played Monmouth in the past, not all the time, it was far from a regular series so why is it just a big deal because they arent playing them next year. The NJ media had to have a hissy fit over that and not playing Princeton..wah wah get your wahmbulance

I haven't seen much media outcry if any.

They don't want to play either school because they'll get beat and I think most understand that when you're building a Program losses to those type schools are a bad look.

I am not one who fears/hates playing Princeton, and of course I love playing Seton Hall. But I wouldn't mind seeing us work the other NJ schools in on a rotating basis. You can't play all of them every year, and unless someone is opening a fancy new building we never should play one of the others away from Piscataway. But much like buying local is a growing movement in the food world, I would love to see local NY/NJ basketball be special -- and you don't do that by having the Big Ten team in the bunch not play the others. And once we have improved a bit, any loss will be considered an upset and not a sign of the program's demise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT