ADVERTISEMENT

Montclair 3-star OL Owen Drexel commits to Pitt over Rutgers, Boston College

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Per Todderick.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...xel-talks-pitt-commitment/#incart_river_index

"I saw them at FDU then I went out there this weekend and I just kind of fell in love — everything from the city to the coaching staff to the football program to the school," Drexel told NJ.com. "Everything just fit me perfectly."

"The Scarlet Knights were presumed the favorites to land Drexel up until his pledge, but ironically, just missed on him due to his performance at their camp."

We got the Owen we wanted.
Prefer this Owen:
Throw-Momma-From-the-train-4-5-10-kc.jpg

wow what a load of bull. Drexel couldn't have committed to us if he tried and every pay site we have supports that. enjoy the leftovers pitt. between the qb they got and this guy, they're being completely blocked out of the recruits in the state that matter. just happy that cuse is doing even worse.

he had a committable cuse offer. that's all.

We did want him, just not enough room. I think the staff have their sights set on Carter and Fedd-Jackson, both Solt and Drexel was not a take "at this time".

Reactions: ron313 and Block R
Oldman has this one right. Under most circumstances, Drexel is a take for us and he is a good player, we just told him that there just isnt enough room right now and we have some higher targets on the board. He took that information and made a very good choice to commit to Pitt rather than try to wait it out.
I hate the stupid comments often made when someone commits elsewhere...maybe the kid wasnt a take for us because of the current circumstances but it wasnt because "we don't want him". That is just insulting to a kid who doesnt deserve it

Oldman has this one right. Under most circumstances, Drexel is a take for us and he is a good player, we just told him that there just isnt enough room right now and we have some higher targets on the board. He took that information and made a very good choice to commit to Pitt rather than try to wait it out.
I hate the stupid comments often made when someone commits elsewhere...maybe the kid wasnt a take for us because of the current circumstances but it wasnt because "we don't want him". That is just insulting to a kid who doesnt deserve it
Plus, he apparently did really well in the camp, regardless of star ratings. The kid seems 100% content going to Pitt. Great school and a great city. Good for him.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Wow, what a year and a coaching staff change makes. Last year we'd be foaming at the mouth to get his commitment. This year no room at the inn son. Bigger fish to fry I guess, but he's a solid recruit. Good luck kid, but I don't think this is one that got away.

Plus, he apparently did really well in the camp, regardless of star ratings. The kid seems 100% content going to Pitt. Great school and a great city. Good for him.

Knight

Owen did really well at our Camp and impressed the Coaches and at 6-4 @280 pounds you can't have enough OL on the team. He also seems like a real nice guy. Glad he picked Pitt.

On a side note, today Pitt also got a RB commitment from Todd Sibley who decommitted from the Ohio State University. To clarify he committed to Urban (OSU) in April 2015 but was recently told he would probably have to grey shirt. Obviously, he did not want to go that route and chose Pitt. He is from Akron Ohio which is only a 2 hour drive from Pittsburgh. Glad he picked the Panthers.

I'm sure some of the Ohio State fans now say good we got someone better (but you never know for sure until 4 years down the road).

Recruits pick schools/programs which they believe are in their best interest. How can you fault them for that.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Knight

Owen did really well at our Camp and impressed the Coaches and at 6-4 @280 pounds you can't have enough OL on the team. He also seems like a real nice guy. Glad he picked Pitt.

On a side note, today Pitt also got a RB commitment from Todd Sibley who decommitted from the Ohio State University. To clarify he committed to Urban (OSU) in April 2015 but was recently told he would probably have to grey shirt. Obviously, he did not want to go that route and chose Pitt. He is from Akron Ohio which is only a 2 hour drive from Pittsburgh. Glad he picked the Panthers.

I'm sure some of the Ohio State fans now say good we got someone better (but you never know for sure until 4 years down the road).

Recruits pick schools/programs which they believe are in their best interest. How can you fault them for that.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Two great gets for Pitt, and even greater because the Fruit got nothing!

wow what a load of bull. Drexel couldn't have committed to us if he tried and every pay site we have supports that. enjoy the leftovers pitt. between the qb they got and this guy, they're being completely blocked out of the recruits in the state that matter. just happy that cuse is doing even worse.

Pitt just signed a top 25 class last year. Though we have an impressive verbal commits list - it means zilch at this point. Maybe we should wait until signing day to look our noises down at Narduzzi and Pitt

Let's see if Drexel sticks with Pitt. He was all over the high school map - Glen Ridge, Bloomfield, DePaul, Montclair. Not sure why.

Expect Narduzzi to have you guys contending for ACC dominance soon? Can FSU and Clemson be reckoned with?

With respect to FSU and Clemson, we are not there yet. However, we will be playing @ Clemson this year so we will get an indication of how great the divide is. I think Narduzzi can make us a competitor in our division but may need another year or so. I do believe Narduzzi is a good X and O guy that the players really like/respect.
If he can maintain our recruiting, I think we can get close.

Nice talking to you guys and looking forward to the Rutgers vs Penn State Game.

Will have to wear my Red Shirt that day.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Best of luck to Owen.

Hard worker who will see the field.... and do well at Pitt.

What do you expect on the free board lol.

Reactions: CNJKnight
Knight

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I have seen Sibley play, he is a very good back. He was asked to gray shirt because KJ Dobbins commited to us and whispers are Cam Akers has us in a big lead.

Reactions: MADHAT1
I have seen Sibley play, he is a very good back. He was asked to gray shirt because KJ Dobbins commited to us and whispers are Cam Akers has us in a big lead.

Recruiting must be really fun if you are an OSU fan.

I follow SC as a secondary team, but even their recruiting, as great as it is, doesn't seem to be as sustained as OSU is now.

Real classy dipsh#t

Its one thing when a kid disses us. This kid came to our camp, saw a good opportunity, and took it. Since we had others higher on our board than it is a good thing for him and I'm happy he is happy. Dissing the kid is not necessary in the least.

you sound so salty...lol

just wish the kid well and move on

Cuse didnt offer him lol

Real classy dipsh#t

Its one thing when a kid disses us. This kid came to our camp, saw a good opportunity, and took it. Since we had others higher on our board than it is a good thing for him and I'm happy he is happy. Dissing the kid is not necessary in the least.
Hey I didn't say he was a leftover that wasn't a bcs level prospect..he could still end up a starter for pitt. But he's still a leftover. And **** Pitt. I can get behind hoping he starts over a bunch of pa and Ohio kids. But I'll still hope he's worse than our starters.

Nothing like giving well wishes to an 18 year old. It is so hard to do,right?

Thanks Buck

Comments coming from fans who have actually seen the recruit play are much more meaningful.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT