ADVERTISEMENT

Most annoying thing about Ash

Nov 16, 2016
Is how he’s constantly talking about how great is everyone’s “preparation”.

It’s his first response to literally every question “[Player name] had a great week of preparation”, “I’m very pleased with our preparation”, “I am surprised at how we performed as I thought we had great preparation”

What good is preparation with no results... perhaps he needs to raise the standard of what constitutes good preparation for the team.

Last edited:
Disposing of ash is really annoying, especially the re-appearing Ash Heap that becomes a bigger and bigger problem.
ash+heap.jpg

Ash is very fortunate that the NYC media doesn’t have a hoot about Rutgers, or he’d be hearing about it on NY sports talk radio every single day.
It’s so true no one cares about Rutgers in nyc or NJ. If this was happening at an SEC school Ash would have been shown the door already. Something would have been done at one of those schools. Alumni and season tickets holders matter when they care about football and the school as a whole.

It’s so true no one cares about Rutgers in nyc or NJ. If this was happening at an SEC school Ash would have been shown the door already. Something would have been done at one of those schools. Alumni and season tickets holders matter when they care about football and the school as a whole.
Lordy, when RU starts behaving like a SEC school, I will no longer donate.

ash monotone boring talking pattern. Probably gets players and recruits like..
Ulm.gif

Down here - we hear about Clemson or Carolina Gamecock football 365 days a year. In NYC - we’ll hear about who’s going to be the #4 pitcher in the Mets rotation in the middle of February.

Hypothetically speaking.. if the team broke out and won the next 5 games. Would we forgive but not forget or has the shipped sailed and there is nothing he can do?

Even more troubling is he does not take notes during the game.
LOL. I think I heard an announcer once say that Flood would write down the staring field position for every drive. You would think he could just have some random member of the staff do it for him.

There was a great trivia question back when Buck Showalter was Yankees manager. It simply was what was his jersey #. He wore a jacket all year.

Still does it with the Orioles these days....could be 95 and high humidity, there's a good chance he at least gets through a good portion of the game with a jacket on. I've wondered if he didn't wear a jersey underneath, maybe just a random t-shirt. lol

There was a great trivia question back when Buck Showalter was Yankees manager. It simply was what was his jersey #. He wore a jacket all year.

Which begs the question. Why would a manager need a jersey much less one with a number? THey aren't playing. Baseball needs to change that. It's silly.

LOL. I think I heard an announcer once say that Flood would write down the staring field position for every drive. You would think he could just have some random member of the staff do it for him.
Elmer Flood did it because he watched Schiano do the same for years,so if he wrote notes on sidelines he figured it would give everyone the illusion he knew what he was doing.

I like that he appears honest, noble, humble and hardworking. It annoys me that he is not the answer.

Reactions: RUskoolie
We need a guy like LSU's coach. If nothing else, he'd at least light a fire under the team and be fun to play for.

Ash is as inspiring as a can of soup.

Elmer Flood did it because he watched Schiano do the same for years,so if he wrote notes on sidelines he figured it would give everyone the illusion he knew what he was doing.

And all this time I thought Greg was writing down a grocery shopping list for his ride home after the game.

Ash is by far the worst coach in college football, possibly ever. He has ZERO feel for the game, completely out of touch. He’s a con man that weaseled his way into a big paycheck.

Is how he’s constantly talking about how great is everyone’s “preparation”.

It’s his first response to literally every question “[Player name] had a great week of preparation”, “I’m very pleased with our preparation”, “I am surprised at how we performed as I thought we had great preparation”

What good is preparation with no results... perhaps he needs to raise the standard of what constitutes good preparation for the team.

PREPARATION? In his tenure here we have been down by two or three scores within the first 5 to 10 minutes of more than half the games. We get kicked in the groin, roll over and die. He wouldn't know preparation if it stood up and kissed him. You are spot on.

I get that. But those days are looong gone. There is zero chance any manager is getting in the game.

Yes, I can't think of a player-manager since Don Kessinger with the 1979 Chicago White Sox. But ask yourself: what would you want a manager to wear? Baseball is a sport played primarily in the summer, so the jacket and tie so common to football and basketball coaches would be intolerable. (There have been managers who wore formal clothes, and it's no surprise that no one wants to follow their example). It's probably better to let them wear baseball uniforms. And what would you have third-base and first-bse coaches wear? It's even hotter for them than for managers.

The coachspeak is especially irritating. I thought McNulty did a much better job handling it. -Sit doesn't have to win games but he can't lose them either.- Perfect, to the point and not hiding behind the "kids tried so hard" crap. He treated Sitkowski like the young adult he is. He made mistakes, they were a large part of losing the game, they need to be fixed. McNulty in that one interview came across 5x better than Ash ever has. Ash could learn from him.

Hypothetically speaking.. if the team broke out and won the next 5 games. Would we forgive but not forget or has the shipped sailed and there is nothing he can do?
It's no good if Ash and the team don't show competence and improvement. If they only win because the other team stinks up the joint worse, that's nothing to hang your hat on.

Down here - we hear about Clemson or Carolina Gamecock football 365 days a year. In NYC - we’ll hear about who’s going to be the #4 pitcher in the Mets rotation in the middle of February.
Actually, the middle of February is a very reasonable time to be discussing who will be the #4 starter in the Mets rotation - far more reasonable than discussing college football IMHO.

I get your point though.

Most annoying thing about Ash is that I've yet to see him without this look on his face like he's really, really constipated and he's only there because he promised his mom he'd tell you someone you really love just died in an accident.
Chris+Ash+Michigan+v+Rutgers+7R791R1p0FEl.jpg

Most annoying thing about Ash is that he does not know how to coach and win games. If he could do win games, everything else would be tolerable.

ADVERTISEMENT