ADVERTISEMENT

Most hated B1G player

Paul has a way of getting under the opposing teams skin. He’s done it plenty of times throughout his career, I can see how he’s disliked especially because people probably view him as unathletic.

Caleb is just a straight up $hit talker.

The worst kind of shit talker, the calm type who already knows nothing can get to him.

Reactions: thegock
Yup, we did that, although it didn't have to be a white guy.
Agree, and it started in the late 80s. The student section (and pep band….I was in the band) were brutal. I remember when Temple had Donald Hodge who was a Prop 48 player. The chant when he was shooting FT towards the student section was “Hodge can’t read”.

RHJ wears a headband too. Let's be real. It's because he's white and he's good. Same with Davison. Same with Dickinson. Same with Garza.
Maybe everything doesn’t need to be about race?

Maybe other fans hate Mulcahy because he’s chippy and works the refs very often?

Davison just gave Dickinson a cheap elbow today and grabbed one of Fran’s kids’ groins in 2020.

Dickinson was chippy at best against Caleb late in our game against them this year and was a loudmouth throughout the game.

Garza was favored by the refs pretty consistently and is Garza. Don’t need much more reason to dislike him.

Curbelo, Cockburn, Ivey, Fatts were also mentioned in this thread, among others.

Stop making up reasons to be a victim.

Reactions: FastMJ
The worst kind of shit talker, the calm type who already knows nothing can get to him.

Paul has a NIL with the smoothie shop local to me. The owner, a friend of mine, is a 40 year MBB season ticket holder. I had the opportunity last week to sit and talk with Paul for about 45 minutes while drinking smoothies.
He could not have been more low key, polite, appreciative, funny, inquisitive about our MBB/RU experiences.
His headband & uniform must be like a superheroes mask & cape ..turns him into a while different person.

Agree, and it started in the late 80s. The student section (and pep band….I was in the band) were brutal. I remember when Temple had Donald Hodge who was a Prop 48 player. The chant when he was shooting FT towards the student section was “Hodge can’t read”.
The “dork” thing was always a white guy. Every single time. Completely unimaginative. I hated it for the pure disrespect and the irony that it was truly dorky unathletic students yelling it. For me the Hodge stuff crossed a line too.

Last edited:
Maybe everything doesn’t need to be about race?

Maybe other fans hate Mulcahy because he’s chippy and works the refs very often?

Davison just gave Dickinson a cheap elbow today and grabbed one of Fran’s kids’ groins in 2020.

Dickinson was chippy at best against Caleb late in our game against them this year and was a loudmouth throughout the game.

Garza was favored by the refs pretty consistently and is Garza. Don’t need much more reason to dislike him.

Curbelo, Cockburn, Ivey, Fatts were also mentioned in this thread, among others.

Stop making up reasons to be a victim.
There’s no victomhood going on in this thread. It is a simple truth that relative to the number of successful white players in the league more white guys are hated by the opponent fans than black guys. Why? I don’t know. But it is the case. And no one in the thread is making a big deal about it. It just is.

Paul has a NIL with the smoothie shop local to me. The owner, a friend of mine, is a 40 year MBB season ticket holder. I had the opportunity last week to sit and talk with Paul for about 45 minutes while drinking smoothies.
He could not have been more low key, polite, appreciative, funny, inquisitive about our MBB/RU experiences.
His headband & uniform must be like a superheroes mask & cape ..turns him into a while different person.

Love how he’s so quick to give credit for the teams success to the practice squad.

Reactions: MrsScrew
There’s no victomhood going on in this thread. It is a simple truth that relative to the number of successful white players in the league more white guys are hated by the opponent fans than black guys. Why? I don’t know. But it is the case. And no one in the thread is making a big deal about it. It just is.
I just posted why for a bunch of them, and it’s not because they’re good, other than maybe Garza. Not sure who else was listed as being disliked. McCaffery kids? Seems obvious. Bohannon? I like that he’s friends with Geo.

Our guy Paul got lucky his attempted trip was unsuccessful. He is starting to cross the line.

if the Iowa guy was there he’d be out 1st game of NCAA tournament and Rutgers would be in the news

It was a big guy not so athletic. So happens they often were white. Not part of the selection criteria. Just another inadvertent systemic disparity.
There were guards too. I remember it well because of how stupid and disrespectful it could be. It was always a white guy - every single time - and often a guard. It was a totally pathetic chant. I thing some of those dorks dropped 20+ on us.

No one cares about your band camp stories.

Opposing fans get frustrated with Paul’s success. I talked to some Wisconsin fans this weekend. They now fear Rutgers in basketball since we beat them at the Kohl center and they don’t like Paul. It’s more a credit to Paul and what he can do.

There were guards too. I remember it well because of how stupid and disrespectful it could be. It was always a white guy - every single time - and often a guard. It was a totally pathetic chant. I thing some of those dorks dropped 20+ on
There were guards too. I remember it well because of how stupid and disrespectful it could be. It was always a white guy - every single time - and often a guard. It was a totally pathetic chant. I thing some of those dorks dropped 20+ on us.
You are correct it was always a white guy, and I was at the game you are talking about and said to the guy next to me are they even watching the game?

I had the chance to meet Paul tonight at an event at the Pru Center to watch the NCAA championship game. Very humble guy
And and truly just a nice person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT