ADVERTISEMENT

MrsScrew-The Official Magnet Distributor of RU

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
She is not only on Rutgers Football Twitter giving out magnets to random guys while she is at a repair shop getting an oil change, but she makes sure they get the red R version and the patriotic R version !!! :):ThumbsUp:USA: :America: :AmericanFlag::CHOP:

Last edited:
Really wish Rutgers would find ways to make these readily available across the state. I know they have some places, but 99 percent of the public doesn’t know where to get them and rarely visit town halls, chamber of commerce offices, etc. They need to be easy to get at places like Shop Rite, all the RWJ Barnabas hospitals and clinics,sporting goods stores, gas stations, sports bars, Wawa and Quick Check, Motor Vehicle office, Jersey Mike’s shops,and as long as it is ok with NCAA rules, every high school athletic director and coach, as well as youth sports leagues should get a boatload on an annual basis

Last edited:
For Cape May County, the list says they are at the Ocean City Recreation Department and the Cape May County Chamber of Commerce.

Before all this recent craziness I know that Rutgers sent their interns out to all 50 places on the list with boxes of magnets. A few people told me that when they went to their local place they did find magnets.

Reactions: MADHAT1
One that is not on the list is the Town Hall in South Toms River. I pick up some there from time to time. When you walk in, just ask the man and woman on your right. They are happy to help. No matter where people go, call first. With the Chinese coronavirus, some offices are closed. I know our Town Hall has been physically closed in Manchester for weeks.

can't believe Wawa doesn't cross-market...
Shop Rite is a MAJOR sponsor of Rutgers Athletics. Just have a ton at the Customer Service window. Normally a zillion New Jerseyans a week go into Shop Rites all over the state. Even now, it is still a half zillion. Have them include a couple with each home delivery.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Shop Rite is a MAJOR sponsor of Rutgers Athletics. Just have a ton at the Customer Service window. Normally a zillion New Jerseyans a week go into Shop Rites all over the state. Even now, it is still a half zillion. Have them include a couple with each home delivery.
Great call. How many Snickers Marathon bars did you get back in the day. If those were block R magnets, my car would covered with them hahah.

Thread brings up a good point... they should be easier to get.

For Cape May County, the list says they are at the Ocean City Recreation Department and the Cape May County Chamber of Commerce.
More Pa down there. Shoot I went to Wildwood for a long weekend last year and I definitely saw at least 15 PSU shirts and only one other Rutgers shirt besides mine while I was down there

I'd like to see more 'R' magnets and just 'R' in general at the lower shore speaking of which. I come over from md so I don't go to the northern NJ beach towns much but Wildwood and Cape may often. Even the shops on the boardwalk carry 3-1 PSU merch

Reactions: MrsScrew
Before all this recent craziness I know that Rutgers sent their interns out to all 50 places on the list with boxes of magnets. A few people told me that when they went to their local place they did find magnets.

Where is this list?

Where is this list?

9A6s5MJ.jpg

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I'm happy to mail magnets to anyone not in NJ.. I always put 4 in a package. Just need the $3.50 postage covered..
Forget buying basketball season tickets. You should be sitting with the fancy schmancy people courtside in the leather chairs. ! Either that or Pat should hire you full time. You can just drive around the state all day putting R magnets on cars ! And if you happen to come across cars with State Penn, Michigan, or Seton Hall magnets, feel free to accidentally knock them off.

Where can I get the Red White and Blue magnets? My son is just back from Afghanistan and has new wheels on base down in NC (he has a few Jersey friends there as well ). I would love to send him a few RWB R magnets.

Where can I get the Red White and Blue magnets? My son is just back from Afghanistan and has new wheels on base down in NC (he has a few Jersey friends there as well ). I would love to send him a few RWB R magnets.

Sent you a message

Mrs Screw, what I don’t understand about this is that someone went to quite a lot of work to get contacts, speak with the offices, get the magnets to them, etc. but end up with a very small amount actually reaching people around the state. We have hundreds of thousands of alumni , thousands of staff and employees, and 70,000 current students. Even if we don’t consider the other 8.7 million New Jerseyans, I don’t know why we are making it so hard for even those already with Rutgers connections to get these. I don’t know which is the best way to go—more easy to find stores, a short form in the Rutgers Alumni Magazine, a toll free number to call, ask for one online, or all of the above, but we are just not getting them to people who want them.

Mrs Screw, what I don’t understand about this is that someone went to quite a lot of work to get contacts, speak with the offices, get the magnets to them, etc. but end up with a very small amount actually reaching people around the state. We have hundreds of thousands of alumni , thousands of staff and employees, and 70,000 current students. Even if we don’t consider the other 8.7 million New Jerseyans, I don’t know why we are making it so hard for even those already with Rutgers connections to get these. I don’t know which is the best way to go—more easy to find stores, a short form in the Rutgers Alumni Magazine, a toll free number to call, ask for one online, or all of the above, but we are just not getting them to people who want them.

no idea. I think that every business that is a RU supporter should have a box or 6 of magnets to be able to give out.

The next time you and Mr Screw have Pat, Greg, Sarah, and Coach Pike over for a barbecue, tell them I have an endless list of earth changing ideas ! lol

The next time you and Mr Screw have Pat, Greg, Sarah, and Coach Pike over for a barbecue, tell them I have an endless list of earth changing ideas ! lol

you are clearly mistaken about my power & connections. I think that Greg is the person that needs to head up the R magnet committee

Really wish Rutgers would find ways to make these readily available across the state. I know they have some places, but 99 percent of the public doesn’t know where to get them and rarely visit town halls, chamber of commerce offices, etc. They need to be easy to get at places like Shop Rite, all the RWJ Barnabas hospitals and clinics,sporting goods stores, gas stations, sports bars, Wawa and Quick Check, Motor Vehicle office, Jersey Mike’s shops,and as long as it is ok with NCAA rules, every high school athletic director and coach, as well as youth sports leagues should get a boatload on an annual basis
Yup, a stack of a 100 at every checkout counter at Quick Chek would be massive. Or give a few hundred to every school, and a Happy Birthday present to every 17 year old kid.

Forget buying basketball season tickets. You should be sitting with the fancy schmancy people courtside in the leather chairs. ! Either that or Pat should hire you full time. You can just drive around the state all day putting R magnets on cars ! And if you happen to come across cars with State Penn, Michigan, or Seton Hall magnets, feel free to accidentally knock them off.

She will accept leather seat courtside ticket donations at any time (in pairs please).

Last edited:
I really wish the magnet quality was better. They used to last forever. Now, I go through several each year for each car. They just start separating, and eventually fall apart.

Reactions: RU Golfer
ADVERTISEMENT