ADVERTISEMENT

Mulcahy Highlights

ImBadRU

All American
Apr 3, 2002
First time I just saw some of his highlights. His game is really solid. I love tall guards who can move and want the ball. He would be a great player for Rutgers. I do hope he commits here.

First time I just saw some of his highlights. His game is really solid. I love tall guards who can move and want the ball. He would be a great player for Rutgers. I do hope he commits here.

Can you post the video you watched?

I've seen him a bunch of times and he has maybe the best court awareness I've ever seen for a kid his age. Outstanding passer. He's not a great shooter but he's decent. He's got 2 years to work on that before college.

Mulcahy link above. Mod Squad Linc below.

th

I've also seen Paul play this past February. He was only a soph but he really impressed me. He knows the game and sees the court very well. He can hit jumpers, can drive & finds the open man. I think he can really help RU. I hope to catch him this coming season as well.

I've also seen Paul play this past February. He was only a soph but he really impressed me. He knows the game and sees the court very well. He can hit jumpers, can drive & finds the open man. I think he can really help RU. I hope to catch him this coming season as well.
Since you’ve seen him play, how tall would you say he is? In his video he looks like he has nice height for a point but doesn’t come across as super quick or that he has significant hops on drives. Showed that he has nice tear drop shots in the lane which you see shorter players do. If his outside shot is not automatic would you say that his superior quality is his smarts on the court? What what he bring to the RU class that would elevate it? Curious to know.

GO RU

Last edited:
Nice skills but outside shot looks like that of an eighth grader. Not getting that off in the Big 10.

He likes one of my favorite moves of all time, on any player, on any level......The Up and Under Move !!!

The up and under with a Great Ball Fake is difficult to defend. A lot of players do it as a post move. Mulcahy does it while driving to the basket........Those up and under moves at the .25 second and 1.10 second marks are beautiful moves...veteran type moves !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Kid has a little bit of arch in him.

Reminds me of the Uconn point guards whose name escapes me from the early to mid 90s before we got to the big east (not Henefeld)

He likes one of my favorite moves of all time, on any player, on any level......The Up and Under Move !!!

The up and under with a Great Ball Fake is difficult to defend. A lot of players do it as a post move. Mulcahy does it while driving to the basket........Those up and under moves at the .25 second and 1.10 second marks are beautiful moves...veteran type moves !!!
Just a note and tribute to the first to show that move, the great Connie Hawkins. Dr. J and M.Jordan made it a thing of beauty, but Hawkins was the first....RIP Hawk!

Reactions: RU-Choppin-Ohio
As I stated a few months earlier I think he's a good player who will struggle athletically at a level like the Big 10.

Terrific Ivy League prospect IMO------hey----what do I know ?

Reactions: Scangg
Doesn't look quick enough to me. Also agree with others on his shot. What am I missing?
As I stated a few months earlier I think he's a good player who will struggle athletically at a level like the Big 10.

Terrific Ivy League prospect IMO------hey----what do I know ?

Looks a step slow for the B1G but he's still pretty young.

Here we go, The obligatory, "he's not fast enough" comments from a 2 min video. What did you expect to see, those fast blur lines in the video?

I don't think a 4 minute video would make him look faster.

There is nothing in that video that shows how he moves laterally. Half the plays are him taking a spot up shot, several are the up and under moves in the half court.

There is nothing there to conclude that he is not a B1G level player.

Not every player needs to be a track star on the court to get it done in the B1G., Just ask Wisconsin fans.

True, a lot of the Wisconsin players look slow but have size, good fundamentals and good shooting strokes to compensate

It seems like as a coach, seeing a decent player who dribbles with his head up, and looks to get others involved is a rarity these days. The market is not necessarily full of them.

Also, as a coach you try to look at a kid and see the potential for him allowing you to coach him to reach your potential. Easier said than done.

Mulcahy is a decent player. I always click a vvideo thinking I would see more.

I would agree that he needs to develop a shot. He is still young. Also, RU will look to fill out their roster and make sure they have enough athletic kids so if they were to take Mulcahy, they could mask his weaknesses.

They still have some time. I think this kid takes his time committing. There's always a spot for a player like him. Like degaz said, you can't win with five of him, but you certainly need a little of him to be a great team.

He was a sophomore, still time to grow and develop. He seems to make quick decisions and has a high bball IQ. Watched videos of games, not high light reels.

He has 2 years still in HS to develop, he is 6'5" and appears to run the show as a sophomore. Let's see how he develops moving forward in his young HS career. He is listed as 4 stars, for those that look at that kind of stuff.

If a guy is being targeted as PG, I would be the first to agree that he needs to show some speed and quickness.

But, other guys can be very effective without a lot of speed and athleticism. When I saw Mulcahy complete those crafty looking "Up and Under" moves I could sense that this guy was a player who just knows how to finish. As opposed to Speedy guys that rely on that in HS and then find that they can't finish plays in College because they never developed a full arsenal of moves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Shack
Coach P, Coach Willard, Coach Buzz Williams (Va Tech) and Coach Jankovich (SMU), according to Rivals, have offered Paul Mulcahy. Add BC and St. Joe's if you follow 247. Not a bad list for a rising Junior. Appears Mulcahy will be a 20+ offer kid.

Coach P, Coach Willard, Coach Buzz Williams (Va Tech) and Coach Jankovich (SMU), according to Rivals, have offered Paul Mulcahy. Add BC and St. Joe's if you follow 247. Not a bad list for a rising Junior. Appears Mulcahy will be a 20+ offer kid.

That does not mean anything....it's clear from the observations by a few in this thread that he is NOT fast enough for those offers, those teams or those Conferences (ACC, Big East, AAC).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT