ADVERTISEMENT

Mulcahy signing November 19

I think he will make Rutgers improved passing game even better next year.
As much as I love the identity of the team being defense and rebounding, the true greats in the game have always been great passers. This team is already SO MUCH improved in that area, with Mulcahy it should be ridiculous.

What has really improved is our basketball IQ

I have seen Paul play 7 or 8 times over the last 2 years. He is really good. He is a winner who carries Gill St. Bernard every night on the floor. Last year he led a very small Gill team in the TOC against Roselle Catholic. He was outstanding. He gave RC fits with his passing and unbelievable drives to the hoop. He is pretty big at about 6'7" and is getting stronger. He is a true point guard but can play the 1, 2 or 3. I think fans will love him. He distributes the ball to everyone on his team but he often carries Gill because he has to. Gill lost their tall center to an injury early in the season last year and Paul all of a sudden had to play as the only guy on the team probably over 6'2". I think he should be rated even higher than he is in the national rankings. His outside shot is not great but it is pretty good. He is a player that we need.

I know a tad off topic. But how many schollies do we have after he signs and doorson graduates?

Would love to hear any early pulse on who are potential players to join this ship. Love this team.

I know a tad off topic. But how many schollies do we have after he signs and doorson graduates?

Would love to hear any early pulse on who are potential players to join this ship. Love this team.
One left for next year. Jacob Young also coming in 2019

1 'ship for '19 (Doorson)
3 ships for '20 (EO, Thiam and Carter)

Not sure what type of player we are targeting for '19, but we are shooting really high for the '20 class. Offers out to a lot of highly rated bigs. Some of whom have visited recently.

Reactions: Scangg
1 'ship for '19 (Doorson)
3 ships for '20 (EO, Thiam and Carter)

Not sure what type of player we are targeting for '19, but we are shooting really high for the '20 class. Offers out to a lot of highly rated bigs. Some of whom have visited recently.
I think for 19 we need a big of some sort or at least a stretch 4 to replace Doorson and then a few more bigs the following year. Think we are stacked in the guard department for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the info guys. So caught up in the whole new class. A lot of new faces and redshirt situations. A lot to take in, enough to not even think about the next wave haha.

Looking forward to Paul.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Who are the stud '20 guys we are going after and have a chance with besides cliff omoruyi?

Is he a legit baller?

I've seen football recruits get hyped and turn out to be lemons

Don’t know how he will handle physicality of the big ten. His passing IQ is good no doubt about that, but my guess is he will struggle defensively and to score against Big ten guards based off the hs games I’ve seen him play.

I don't think Paul will have any problem at all with the physicality in the BIG. He is very strong and has gone up against Nzei Reid and all of the big guys at Roselle Catholic. None of them could stop him.

Mulcahy plays in attack mode and has eyes in the back of his head. Kid is a winner and will be a plus player for us.

He may not be the most athletically gifted player but he’s got the most strikingly uncanny talent of any player to come out of NJ since Kyle Anderson. He makes plays that nobody on the floor seems to see but him.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Currently, Clifford Omoruyi appears to be our best shot.
by looking at the forecast it seems like Omoruyi, the other big from IC, Abdur Rahim, and Che' Evans are all forecast to RU. I know these things change all the time and some are out of date, but still must mean we have at least a chance with these other guys.

Don’t know how he will handle physicality of the big ten. His passing IQ is good no doubt about that, but my guess is he will struggle defensively and to score against Big ten guards based off the hs games I’ve seen him play.

You're overrating the talent in the conference, I think. It's not like half the league has NBA-level point guards. Maybe he'll get burned a bit defensively, especially early on, but if a guy had Mulcahy's passing skills and was going to be a lockdown defender on day 1, he'd be a top-25 recruit.

I'll disagree with you about his ability to score, based on the tape I've seen. He has great floor awareness and can find creases in the lane. We also won't need him to be a scorer right away since he'll be on the floor with some mix of Baker, Young, Kiss, Harper, Mathis, Thiam, and Omoruyi who can all score.

Mulcahy plays in attack mode and has eyes in the back of his head. Kid is a winner and will be a plus player for us.

He may not be the most athletically gifted player but he’s got the most strikingly uncanny talent of any player to come out of NJ since Kyle Anderson. He makes plays that nobody on the floor seems to see but him.
I'd rather have a roster full of players with high basketball IQs than a team simply loaded with athletes.

We also won't need him to be a scorer right away since he'll be on the floor with some mix of Baker, Young, Kiss, Harper, Mathis, Thiam, and Omoruyi who can all score.

Think about the sentence above. It gives me goosebumps. 7 guys, none of whom are seniors, who can all score. Just close your eyes, take a second and think about that!

I love Pike.

ADVERTISEMENT