ADVERTISEMENT

My 100% Prediction

RURahh

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2013
If/when we beat Penn St this week (if RU is a dog, I will be getting heavily), this board will be Cricket's, except for a few whiners that will find something to complain about from the game and predict doom and gloom for the next game.

Take it to the bank

I don't think PSU is a must win, but Indiana will be if we lose to the Nits. RU can still have a successful season if it has a 4-6 B1G record. A 3-7 mark would be too deep a hole to get out of.

Last edited:
I think PSU is a must win given that they are a big step down from the level of competition we have lost too in this stretch. The fact that there is so much whining after barely losing to the #9 team in the country - in a game we could have easily won - shows just how far Pike has taken this program and raised expectations. Falling to a mediocre team like PSU would place a lot of pressure on the team going forward.

To quote our friends at @ruscewpod this is a Can't Lose as opposed to a Must Win

With our inconsistency (poor) shooting, there are no given or must Big Ten wins.
No given wins but we HAVE to win this game and the next game to get us back on track but as you can see with Minnesota taking down Michigan anyone can beat anyone in this league on any night

No given wins but we HAVE to win this game and the next game to get us back on track but as you can see with Minnesota taking down Michigan anyone can beat anyone in this league on any night
I am more concerned with 2-of-19 from 3 point range. That just can’t happen.

Win 10 B1G games (regular season plus tournament) and you are in.

this is not a must win.

last year we would have danced. Take a look at the stretch of games we played near the end.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Movement afoot to cancel conference tournaments except for the 1 bid leagues .

Movement afoot to cancel conference tournaments except for the 1 bid leagues .

I agree with this...the conference tourneys are there as money makers, there is no sense having 10-14 schools in each league and staff and workers congregating and putting themselves at risk for a meaningless tourney when they have already played a full 16-20 game conference slate., The conference champs all get the autobid. Its the common sense way to do it.

I would contend it will almost assuredly bring about positive cases and derail some teams NCAA chances

NO to conference tournaments

In a non-COVID world, in a league where all teams do not play a home-and-home with other league members, a conference tournament where teams compete on a neutral court makes some sense.

If/when we beat Penn St this week (if RU is a dog, I will be getting heavily), this board will be Cricket's, except for a few whiners that will find something to complain about from the game and predict doom and gloom for the next game.

Take it to the bank
This board is never crickets when we win it’s 99% filled with fans who’s drinks taste better, their night is better, they’re nicer to their kids and wife, life is better, and we sleep better after a win.
What board are you reading!

Win 10 B1G games (regular season plus tournament) and you are in.

this is not a must win.

last year we would have danced. Take a look at the stretch of games we played near the end.
Agreed, BUT, I think when we play PSU and Nebraska, we have to take advantage of those games and steal a few no one expected us to win. But you're right. We need at least 10 B1G wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT