ADVERTISEMENT

My exhaustive list of intriguing transfer candidates (and ongoing transfer watch)

You guys full yet? Any idea if these guys are actually any good?

We added another kid(former Cincinnati commit) today too. He isn’t a transfer so didn’t put on here. Have 1 left if/when Roby says he isn’t coming back.

Isaiah Washington to Iona... the logical landing spot for him.

Iowa sharpshooter to the SEC... They still have a good team but this is one fewer weapon:

Catching up on a few.

Commits:

Chris Clarke is heading from Virginia Tech to Texas Tech.

RJ Cole is going from Howard to UConn (played HS ball at St. Anthony)

LJ Figueroa is staying at St. John's.

Hauser brothers to Wisconsin should be announced this weekend.

David Jenkins Jr is going from South Dakota State to UNLV.

Teyvion Kirk is transferring from Ohio to Colorado State.

Visits:

Jaire Grayer - TCU, Illinois, Virginia Tech, Buffalo, Tulane, Hawaii

Jaevin Cumberland - Michigan, Oregon

Javon Quinerly - Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Pittsburgh

--------

Of the guys left, Joel Ntambwe is the one (realistic) one really worth pursuing, I think. I might also gamble on Lavar Harewood (tough NYC kid but there just aren't minutes for another grad transfer) or Christian Peevy (analytics darling but a very weird profile, and size might be an issue). Shakur Juiston would also be an asset but again not really minutes for him after the Yeboah addition.

They went to the championship last year... And this off-season Beard has significantly upgraded the talent. Scary thought.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Maybe he and Jacob Young know each other? They were on the 2017 Texas team together.

6'9" 240 former 4* recruit from New Jersey (attended Pope John XXIII High School). Went JUCO for a year then two years at Western Kentucky, where calling him unproductive would be overstating things. He barely saw the floor and was bad when he did (he took 17 shots this past season and made... two of them).

If we truly need a body he's worth a flier, although I'm projecting hardly any playing time for Doucoure as it is, and I'd take Doucoure over Diagne.

Alright guys I found the perfect grad transfer option: Alonzo Walker from Idaho State.

He's drawing interest from Virginia Tech (and he started at Kent State) so at least one other coach at this level thinks he can play. He's 6'6" 210 and was the Big Sky conference's leading offensive rebounder.

Best of all, he's not only originally from Toronto, he went to the same high school as Omoruyi. Do it, Pikiell... the ultimate troll move.

6'9" 240 former 4* recruit from New Jersey (attended Pope John XXIII High School). Went JUCO for a year then two years at Western Kentucky, where calling him unproductive would be overstating things. He barely saw the floor and was bad when he did (he took 17 shots this past season and made... two of them).

If we truly need a body he's worth a flier, although I'm projecting hardly any playing time for Doucoure as it is, and I'd take Doucoure over Diagne.
This potential transfer would have to sit out a year which means no help this season.

Only average numbers as a freshman at Stanford but he's a former top 75 recruit from New York. Would love to get him as a sit out transfer.

Of the realistic-ish grad transfer candidates I posted:

Pat Andree is hitting 48% of his threes for NC State. He would've been the guy that helped us more than anyone I think.

Shakur Juiston has played well for Oregon but he's also 0-14 from three.

Haanif Cheatham has quietly been very good for Nebraska.

Bryce Moore has been a good 3-point option (with nothing else to offer) for Xavier.

Christian Peevy is scoring 22 PPG at a D2 school.

Matt Weir is near 50% on threes for a D2 school.

Carter Skaggs has already left UNC-Wilmington.

Matt Milon has been terrible for UCF.

Dominik Olejniczak has been a useful backup big man for Florida State.

Donnell Gresham has been terrific for Georgia.

Lavar Harewood barely plays for Portland (granted he was a stretch to begin with)

Jeantal Cylla has done nothing for Arkansas.

Alihan Demir has been pretty good for Minnesota.

Keith Stone is still out with an injury for Miami.

IMO Caleb should transfer to. He's totally being done wrong. Best shooter best free throw shooter no plays are ran for him. Not because he's not playing well but their interest is clear. Geo, who has clearly been inconsistent. Ron/Paul hometown cooking. Very evident when Caleb's in the game he plays well. Only playing 20 minutes. Sounds extremely political and fishy. From what I heard these were the same reasons Eugene left. Plus other reasons. IMO Caleb should transfer out! Go where he's totally appropriated for his services.

IMO Caleb should transfer to. He's totally being done wrong. Best shooter best free throw shooter no plays are ran for him. Not because he's not playing well but their interest is clear. Geo, who has clearly been inconsistent. Ron/Paul hometown cooking. Very evident when Caleb's in the game he plays well. Only playing 20 minutes. Sounds extremely political and fishy. From what I heard these were the same reasons Eugene left. Plus other reasons. IMO Caleb should transfer out! Go where he's totally appropriated for his services.

This is a ridiculous post.

Basic unit “Stinky Bait”.

There is some reason to suspect rutgrsman of being not a rutgers man. His joined date and member number are in line, but the problem is, at some point, the numbers for RU posters stopped being in sequence--there were always outliers and I don't like outliers--but now seem to encompass all the schools. His number is 54787. 54788 might be a Providence poster, for example. My best guess is that this guy is false flag. Unfortunately, the search function which allows you to see an OP's last 200 posts, has been off and on for a while and is not currently on. When it is restored, will look at his 35 posts. He has drawn 11 likes, so there's that.

Not sure anyone should go where they will be "totally appropriated".

At least not if they know that's the plan up front.

I won't run through all the guys but Akwasi Yeboah is like the 85th percentile for grad transfer performance.

Biggest successes: Jake Toolson (BYU), Akwasi Yeboah (Rutgers), Kerry Blackshear (Florida), Jaevin Cumberland (Cincinnati), Joey Brunk (Indiana), Admon Gilder (Gonzaga), Anthony Mathis (Oregon), Yanni Wetzell (San Diego State)

A lot of other guys had a ton of ink spilled over them and wound up just kinda being... guys. They fill a needed rotation spot for teams but not really difference makers.

Pat Andree, who everyone on this board (including me) and their mother wanted, has been glued to the bench for NC State lately.

The two UNC guys (Keeling and Pierce) are a big reason why UNC is so underwhelming.

Shakur Juiston has been fine for Oregon but nothing special.

Lamarr Kimble and Luwane Pipkins, two of the most hyped grad transfer PGs, have underwhelmed relative to expectations.

Isaiah Moss is like the 5th option for Kansas.

Max Hazzard doesn't play much for Arizona.

I'm going to go through this again next off-season and there'll probably be another 10-page thread. If we're lucky we'll land someone even remotely close to Yeboah's level of contribution.

I won't run through all the guys but Akwasi Yeboah is like the 85th percentile for grad transfer performance.

Biggest successes: Jake Toolson (BYU), Akwasi Yeboah (Rutgers), Kerry Blackshear (Florida), Jaevin Cumberland (Cincinnati), Joey Brunk (Indiana), Admon Gilder (Gonzaga), Anthony Mathis (Oregon), Yanni Wetzell (San Diego State)

A lot of other guys had a ton of ink spilled over them and wound up just kinda being... guys. They fill a needed rotation spot for teams but not really difference makers.

Pat Andree, who everyone on this board (including me) and their mother wanted, has been glued to the bench for NC State lately.

The two UNC guys (Keeling and Pierce) are a big reason why UNC is so underwhelming.

Shakur Juiston has been fine for Oregon but nothing special.

Lamarr Kimble and Luwane Pipkins, two of the most hyped grad transfer PGs, have underwhelmed relative to expectations.

Isaiah Moss is like the 5th option for Kansas.

Max Hazzard doesn't play much for Arizona.

I'm going to go through this again next off-season and there'll probably be another 10-page thread. If we're lucky we'll land someone even remotely close to Yeboah's level of contribution.
yeboah has been spectacular. I want Dimencio Vaughn from Rider. He's going to have a laundry list of suitors though but I know he'd love to stay local at a higher level school between Philly and NYC.

ADVERTISEMENT